The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 24, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #8,551 of 12,970
Ah, ok, missed that, my brain stored it as "it works with the wire" not "with a dead battery," which even working with the wire alone is better than the XB950BT as the bass boost on that doesn't work at all when using the 3.5mm cable.

If it works completely passive then I guess it's akin to the bass slider on the Beyerdynamic COP and Custom Street headphones, but unlike those which are opening up or closing bass ports for a single driver, these new Crusher be doing something similar but for the dedicated haptic driver, so to far more dramatic effect, and so having the dedicated haptic driver enables that more pronounced effect and can be powered through the 3.5mm cable just like the audio driver.

this guy said that even when the battery is dead flat the bass slider still works, so no, tactical driver work even when you use them turn off without battery power

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #8,553 of 12,970

Performance

On tracks with intense sub-bass content, like The Knife's "Silent Shout," the headphones deliver a strong bass response when the levels are low and, with the bass slider at maximum, the most ridiculous sound I have ever heard from headphones. At this level, you can feel the earcups throbbing and hear almost nothing in the mix aside from an insanely strong bass presence. For drummers and sound engineers, I'd liken it to the sound of a microphone inside a huge kick drum, with all of the high frequencies cut. Bass response here can "go to 11," as Nigel Tufnel would say, but even serious bass fiends will probably be quite happy with the performance at, say, level four or five (though there are no numerical demarcations to use as a guide). At top, unwise volume levels, the headphones deliver this track without any distortion (and plenty of high frequency presence) at the lowest bass level, and, technically, no distortion at top, completely unreasonable bass levels. But your head will feel like a subwoofer has replaced your brain.
http://www.pcmag.com/review/349870/skullcandy-crusher-wireless

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #8,554 of 12,970
  i have to try these things, i think tactical drivers are the future because you can feel them more than just typical bass heavy headphones

It really comes down to the seamless transitions and accuracy of those tactile sensations provided by the drivers. It seems the new crushers (i watched more reviews along with the one in previous page) that its more accurate and doesn't just come alive on certain frequencies, but i have a feeling it will take a few more models to perfect, and well, hopefully with its popularity more companies give it a try. I know Alpine tried a tactile sensation headband, which in reviews said it worked anyway. So maybe its a combination of headband, cups, along with a subpac. Maybe modders will stick in a more hifi driver :p I'm just happy they didn't go away. The crushers still put a smile on my face b/c even when i listen to something like Blue Rodeo (Canadian Country band) it gave me a big grin with its bass. Felt like being in a little bar which has some massive woofer inside overpowering their little bookshelf speakers. Hard to explain , but its fun for short periods.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #8,555 of 12,970
So I got my hands on a pair of M50x pads to try on my ATH Pro700mk2's. When I was researching those headphones, it seemed the M50x pads were by far the most common replacement/upgrade. Well the M50x pads do offer more comfort over the stock pads, but are no where near as comfortable as the Brainwavz memory foam ear pads that I originally bought. That wasn't a surprise. But what was a surprise was how much more bass the headphones have with the HM5 pads. Anyone in this thread that owns 700mk2's NEEDS to buy the HM5 memory foam pads, it extremely elevates the quantity and impact. Only problem is the pads are so big and squishy, combined with very high clamp pressure from the headband, that it's been impossible attempting a paper test. Which is really too bad, because these things are seriously slammin with these pads!

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #8,556 of 12,970
  i have to try these things, i think tactical drivers are the future because you can feel them more than just typical bass heavy headphones

​Have you checked out the Taction Kannons?  They seem like the real deal if taction is what you're after.  They weren't worthy of top 10 here though.. and if I remember correctly they reportedly sound similar to the m50x. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #8,558 of 12,970
Isn't there like a headphone that sounds like Grado but with great bass? I mean bass that is fast and clear? But Grado everywhere else? (And closed back)

Sorry for asking this here - but after all - I do love bass quite a bit (experimenting with different setups) - and I want me a bass good headphone now. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #8,559 of 12,970

​Have you checked out the Taction Kannons?  They seem like the real deal if taction is what you're after.  They weren't worthy of top 10 here though.. and if I remember correctly they reportedly sound similar to the m50x. 

@13:30 forward, i think he says it will provide sz2k impact but in a different way as the air pressure is different, and the impact coming more from the tactile transducer... something like that ...watch for yourself (whoever is interested) :p

Isn't there like a headphone that sounds like Grado but with great bass? I mean bass that is fast and clear? But Grado everywhere else? (And closed back)

Sorry for asking this here - but after all - I do love bass quite a bit (experimenting with different setups) - and I want me a bass good headphone now. 

Sounds like you want a bushmill

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #8,560 of 12,970

@13:30 forward, i think he says it will provide sz2k impact but in a different way as the air pressure is different, and the impact coming more from the tactile transducer... something like that ...watch for yourself (whoever is interested) :p

Sounds like you want a bushmill

I don't think that I understand Any of what you mean there... 

I was bass but I also wand the mids and treble of the Grado. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #8,561 of 12,970

I don't think that I understand Any of what you mean there... 

I was bass but I also wand the mids and treble of the Grado. 

The first part was for the other person I quoted

For you, i said bushmills, the Grado Bushmills. From what i read, they have the grado sound with more bass. Isn't that what you wanted?

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #8,562 of 12,970
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on the M100. I was wondering, how comfortable are they? I pretty much have my headphones on my head all day, so comfort is a very important factor.

I got really bored of my HD682 EVO so I'm looking for something new and something bassy. I'm torn between a few options, currently it's either the M100, SZ2000 or the M50x, but my knowledge isn't that vast so I'm open to suggestions. Any help is appreciated.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #8,563 of 12,970
  Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on the M100. I was wondering, how comfortable are they? I pretty much have my headphones on my head all day, so comfort is a very important factor.

I got really bored of my HD682 EVO so I'm looking for something new and something bassy. I'm torn between a few options, currently it's either the M100, SZ2000 or the M50x, but my knowledge isn't that vast so I'm open to suggestions. Any help is appreciated.

Painfully uncomfortable. XL pads are a must.

In my opinion, the M50x is mediocre. From an audiophile perspective, it has overwhelming bass that muds up the midrange, and from a basshead perspective, it lacks impact.

You probably already know this, but if you get the SZ2000, it absolutely needs EQ to tap into its potential.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #8,564 of 12,970

I would never bash V-Moda as i've mentioned PROUDLY many a times that my lp2 provided years of greats service. However, those stock pads cause pain. Period. I lived with it, until I acquired some XL pads some time later. Better at first, but they flatten quite fast (within months). I think its because they dont swivel side to side and their clamp causes issues. Though, they can be stretched out. Now the m100 is probably much better sounding, but from what i read, they essentially fit the same. So, one can live with them, but after i moved onto 770.80, they can rest all day and no pain. Better SQ too (to my Lp2). The m100 might be on same level, but those 770, especially 250 ohm variants I see in pretty much like most live studio session recordings on youtube. Tried and tested. Theres a reason i skipped m100, and it wasn't because i thought they would sound bad. Though, i would be happy to receive them as a gift, and may pick them up again as a portable for the subways.

happy_face1.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #8,565 of 12,970
M50x slams but your basically maxing it out with eq and bass boost. Your not gonna get to m100 level slam but it slams.

M100 were uncomfortable for me, even with xl pads.

Don't know what grados sound like but I like the audio technica ws1100. They are really comfortable, pretty good slam, and sound good (to me). Only reason I'm selling mine is because they are partially open and are no good on flights or a noisy place.

I also loved the pm-3, but a really dark headphone when your upping the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back