The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 5, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #8,296 of 12,992
  There not replacements for the sz's there not amde for that but they are basshead headphones that you can use on the go without an amp and that is quite a big deal as carrying a portable amp everywhere is a hassle these are a replacement for that and I said only get these if your looking for bluetooth basshead headphones otherwise any of the others on the list are good enough. Shammu can you speak on your experience on the bluetooth feature and the bass you get from it.

I like the control features on it. It pairs really easily. I've never had a bluetooth before, and its easy peasy hooking up to the pc, tablet, and phone. I mentioned before that i like how it cuts out when there is no sound so that bluetooth sound goes off.

They seem to have some amp or hifi chip as they call it feeding it 125mw @32 ohm IIRC, which is like a little amp. This is the loudest headphone connected to a source i have. They get really loud.

I like the freedom to move around my room with them, and to just lay on bed and fall asleep with no worries about wires, and they've done well with movies. I can listen to music on these but limited to certain genres like some hip hop, south american psychedelic. I prefer other cans for other genres and vocalists.

I don't think i'd wear this in public tbh. I can't speak on other bluetooths,. I've had ANC in the past and they were horrible. This is nothing like that and decent quality for sure.

Word is they beat the beats wireless and monster elements wireless , so i guess thats a good thing.

They have their pros, but its important that potential buyers know the cons as well. B/C they are far from perfect.

Though I am happy Bluedio attempted this, and hopefully with its popularity they make better and better ones.

Out of the box, its not all so great. Some hm5 pads, they improve a bit. They have bass yes, without an external portable amp, and get loud. You are right about that.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #8,297 of 12,992
  If you want a bluetooth bass head headphone that does not need an amplifier buy these, test them out and if you dont like them send them back to amazon, honestly they do hit hard not sure what shammu is doing with these and yes HBB when I use them on my set up I double amp all my headphones and is maybe the reason the bass is up there with the top 10's I would say atleast on level with the pro 700mk2's I dont own a stake in the company I simply chimed and said try these we are bassheads so want to try everything and trust me from someone who owns a lot of headphones these wont be beaten on bluetooth with any headphone at the moment. the more you amp a headphone the louder it gets so drive some power into them and see what level they get to I may do the paper test for you guys as reading the comments seems like people calling me a liar if you look back I was the one who mentioned the xb1000's, th900's, pro500's and the pro 700 mk2's. 

I would never call you a liar bro.
I figured it was all about amping which is what we are all here for anyway.
I am actually impressed with them even in BT mode after spending 2 hours with them just now and they can be eq'd pretty well. Beats have 40mm drivers and most BT besides the 53mm use smaller drivers. This has a 50 just for bass and I can eq it to my liking.

Those YT dudes like flossy or boosty or whatever are all full of it though as they have no idea what an amp can do or they are playing it off which means they are full of ****

When folks talk about mids and treble they can wax poetic and use fancy language but you cannot ******** the bass so flossy and the whole Youtube circuit of reviewers are full of it.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #8,298 of 12,992
  Don't forget that Japanese soul brutha

b/c those artisans fees probably not cheap lol

Passed down generation after generation, and not in CHINA factory

I'd be happy with any of the woodies thx00, 610, d7k, d5k, E-Mu, Lawton, but the th900 has the most soul, can't deny that!

biggrin.gif

but with that sony out, man tough decisions tough decisions for many hungry for them red cups

also its #2 here, and i dont see any of the other woodies on it so... whats up with that? :p The bass at least must be more than a "little better"
tongue.gif
happy_face1.gif

So you didn't see my woodie?  It's kind of squirrely but yeah there it is #5.

5. FOSTEX TH600 /      

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #8,299 of 12,992
@BB 808
oh no i didn't see the thx00! I do remember the th600. Those are magnesium cups right? Okoko I see it now!

@Hawaiibadboy remember you was talking about choppin up some xb pads to reduce distance, well i tried hm5

They make them look so normal a headphone its madness lol. I think one could even wear this outside now without looking like princess Leia.

You were right your theory about closing that gap, and how pads eat up some of that impact. Those are sheepskins btw. Not sure how regular hm5 will be. I'm not sure its enough to warrant giving up those marshmellow pads, but these hm5 work well. To my ears it cleans everything up a little bit, and brings everything in a tad more to be intimate. I will be putting the OEM ones back on when they arrive. I'll play with hm5 a bit till then.

But yeah i think i've tinkered enough in the early am hours with this madness
biggrin.gif

happy_face1.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #8,300 of 12,992
  @BB 808
oh no i didn't see the thx00! I do remember the th600. Those are magnesium cups right? Okoko I see it now!

@Hawaiibadboy remember you was talking about choppin up some xb pads to reduce distance, well i tried hm5

They make them look so normal a headphone its madness lol. I think one could even wear this outside now without looking like princess Leia.

You were right your theory about closing that gap, and how pads eat up some of that impact. Those are sheepskins btw. Not sure how regular hm5 will be. I'm not sure its enough to warrant giving up those marshmellow pads, but these hm5 work well. To my ears it cleans everything up a little bit, and brings everything in a tad more to be intimate. I will be putting the OEM ones back on when they arrive. I'll play with hm5 a bit till then.

But yeah i think i've tinkered enough in the early am hours with this madness
biggrin.gif

happy_face1.gif

That is pretty freakin badass bru!
Niiiiiice!

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8,302 of 12,992
Seems like that is what he said, I am still waiting for the white color to be back in stock before I grab a set. I want to use them on BT half the time and wired half the time. It looks like either side has a cable connector port but it doesn't take a Y cable does it?

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #8,303 of 12,992
  Seems like that is what he said, I am still waiting for the white color to be back in stock before I grab a set. I want to use them on BT half the time and wired half the time. It looks like either side has a cable connector port but it doesn't take a Y cable does it?

Don't forget the hm5 sheepskins to replace those pads! They break in really nice, and let those drivers work even better, and most definitely more comfy/more bass!
Also please consider the OEM xb pads on ebay for your sz. I think i prefer them to hm5 after some extended listening today. I cannot say its better than alpha or 55x pads, but to my ears i enjoyed more than hm5. B/C of that curved shape, the pads form real nice seal.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GENUINE-Sony-parts-A1810667A-A-1810-667-A-Ear-Cushion-1-pcs-for-MDR-XB1000-/361841636129?hash=item543f713321:g:9MgAAOSwcUBYU-GN

They are cheaper than some sets of replicas on aliexpress

3 pairs left (guess seller found another pair as it was only 2 left yesterday) for those who are interested. I'm lookin at you @Hawaiibadboy since you live in Japan! You need to get a set of alphas and give your 2 cents on that too!

I considered the white set but figured the blk will keep looking cleaner, longer.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #8,304 of 12,992

I have the lcd and I like them.  They will give you some the best distortionless bass out there, and it will get to the point where it will rattle your your skull.  But are they cannons?  No...  You just can't get that in a open back no matter what.  You need it to be closed so the energy and can bounce off those walls and hit your cranium.

IMO, the thx00 is still the best compromise of basshead and audiophile.

just received my thx00 & I am one f*(&^in happy basshead.  love my m-100's but man......
basshead.gif

thanks for everyone here rating them etc,

i spent a couple of very happy hours in Sydney recently (minidisc - hey Wing) walking me thru his array of 'phones to spend the last half hour with the th900's thru a Moon Audio 430HAD....hot summer's day, cool air conditioning, great view over a busy city intersection & almost more bass than I knew what to do with via the Bass Mekanik.
while i dont have the Moon Audio, the thx00's are stunning
Happy New Yer to everyone everywhere 
L3000.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #8,306 of 12,992
I don't think one needs that if have sz1k Orr two k.

I was always worried if mine died what to replace it with

BUT NO MORE :D

with pad rolling get same feel for so much less

As good as it can be it has some terrible flaws which doesn't make it worth more than 300 bones.

To me anyway.

Hopefully the sz will not be so rare down the road when we all need replacements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back