The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 4, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #8,281 of 12,975
Don't do it. I have all those, you are only getting a little better from the thx00 to the th900.

what you will get is a little more clarity maybe 15 to 20 % more, a lot more sound stage, sub bass. You will loose the mids of thx00, th900s is not as balance sounding as thx00.

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it.
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D

I got the TH600 and M-100 but i haven't been interested in the X00's cause of the 600's. The TH900's though, always on the radar. As for the difference from the 600's, I don't think I really care. If I can find them cheap enough this year, then they gonna get got....shout out to fostex, HBB, and Zeos.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #8,282 of 12,975
  No way this makes top 10.
I might mod mine with aluminum tape which made the 77x slam ruthless so we shall see but in BT mode?

That guy with tattoo on hands...bootsy? flossy? whatever and the others saying this thing was wow level on YT are not bassheads and need a SZ amped to learn what OMG bass levels are.

Ladies and gentlemen until someone posts a paper test don't believe em. I know that but I needed a BT set but beats with some NC woulda been better.O

OK, Thanks bro, I think i'll pass on these to. I'm still looking for a bluetooth set that looks good and sounds better for outdoor use. I already have a m-100 so I don't want the bluetooth version of that. I'd say Flossy Carter would be a bass head but he appreciates a balanced sound also and he prolly doesn't know about this thread. Thanks Hawaiibadboy, always come here for the down low on the big boy bangers.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #8,283 of 12,975
Don't do it. I have all those, you are only getting a little better from the thx00 to the th900.

what you will get is a little more clarity maybe 15 to 20 % more, a lot more sound stage, sub bass. You will loose the mids of thx00, th900s is not as balance sounding as thx00.

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it. :D :D:D:D

Don't forget that Japanese soul brutha

b/c those artisans fees probably not cheap lol

Passed down generation after generation, and not in CHINA factory

I'd be happy with any of the woodies thx00, 610, d7k, d5k, E-Mu, Lawton, but the th900 has the most soul, can't deny that!

:D

but with that sony out, man tough decisions tough decisions for many hungry for them red cups

also its #2 here, and i dont see any of the other woodies on it so... whats up with that? :p The bass at least must be more than a "little better" :p :happy_face1:

I'll A/B them now just for you.
Amp = Grace m9xx (Th900 may sound better with better amps.)

Source = Spotify / non premium / laptop

Track = Candy Shop - 50 Cent, A$AP Rocky - fking problem, DJ Snake - Turn down = Wow from the th900, Dr.Dre - Forgot about Dre, Flo rida- low, Ying Yang Twins - salt shaker. The Game - Ali bomaya.

Bass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHTcJYJRgQ
Thx00 = very good, 9.
TH900 = 9.5 to 10. It goes Deeper, the difference is maybe 10 to 15%.

Mids
Thx00 = Definitely more in front.
TH900 = SSSSs are more pronounce/aggressive, some tracks will make your ear bleed. mids may sound recess for bass heavy tracks, sot so with others.

Sound stage
Thx00 = nothing special here.
TH900 = more space/open, better separation of instruments 15% more = clarity.

I personally would be happy with the thX00 for $400, TH900 is $800 to 1K+. I got mine for $600.

THX00 is better in value, it gets you that Fostex house sound.

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #8,285 of 12,975

Yea afraid to blow up cans , but not priceless eardrums lol. As for 70mm, i think they were not refined enough with their first and second try,; though both have seemed to been improved with mods,  but from what i'm reading it seems they got it right on third shot and its far superior to the xb/z7. Third time's a charm. It looks deadly gorgeous, and making some of them hardcore audiophiles admit they love bass.

Some claiming they can feel the bass in the chest. Look at the thread. This is not audiophile bass they're speaking of, but BASS BASS. If it beats a th900, then surely it would make the list no?

... let the speculation begin ... my piggy bank falls short

happy_face1.gif

Well who needs to hear bass, as long as you can feel it right!?  I haven't had time to dig into that thread yet, but from what you're saying that's pretty exciting news! Another high-end cannon would be effin rad haha..  BASS BASS!  I caught the audiophile bug when I got my THX00, and now I'm listening to all kinds of weird stuff.  Granted I still have my EQ and hardware boost up.  But even in the "audiophile" world, I think a lot of people are missing out on the accurate reproduction of sound in cans that are lacking bass.  Instruments like double bass and drums sound a lot more realistic to me when you can feel their impact and reverberations.  Excited for the future of cannons!

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #8,287 of 12,975

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it. :D:D:D:D

Sound stage and subbass would be worth it to me...but can you eq the mids up, or does it not quite work that well?

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #8,288 of 12,975

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it.
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D

So what you're saying is do not sell my TH600 and TH-X00 and M100 and forget about getting the TH900.  Since you value your TH-X00 more, maybe I could buy your TH900 for $600?

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #8,289 of 12,975
If you want a bluetooth bass head headphone that does not need an amplifier buy these, test them out and if you dont like them send them back to amazon, honestly they do hit hard not sure what shammu is doing with these and yes HBB when I use them on my set up I double amp all my headphones and is maybe the reason the bass is up there with the top 10's I would say atleast on level with the pro 700mk2's I dont own a stake in the company I simply chimed and said try these we are bassheads so want to try everything and trust me from someone who owns a lot of headphones these wont be beaten on bluetooth with any headphone at the moment. the more you amp a headphone the louder it gets so drive some power into them and see what level they get to I may do the paper test for you guys as reading the comments seems like people calling me a liar if you look back I was the one who mentioned the xb1000's, th900's, pro500's and the pro 700 mk2's. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #8,290 of 12,975
To clear this up these are not top 10 level basshead headphones if you use them just with bluetooth, they are top 10 level once amped appropriately any of the headohones on the list would not be basshead level if they were not amped, when you amp these they get up there in the bass, if you want a wireless headphone that still slam hard while being on bluetooth these are the ones I did not say they would beat the sz's or the xb1000's as they dont but they do hit similar to the pro700's though. and the ones looking to see if the z1r's are basshead territory I will be getting soon as soon as I test out the new akg k872's these are next for me.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #8,291 of 12,975
TH900 is $800 to 1K+. I got mine for $600.
I got it here, with detectable cable too. :) listening to them as I type :)

Did you buy used, partially destroyed, or some crazy sale where everyone was out of there minds? Where can I get a pair for $600!!!

Used, here, detectable cable. :)
Perfect condition, but no headphone stand. I was very happy with the purchase.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #8,292 of 12,975

thx00 is better value for sure. Unless you have the $$$$$$$$, go for it. :D :D:D:D

So what you're saying is do not sell my TH600 and TH-X00 and M100 and forget about getting the TH900.  Since you value your TH-X00 more, maybe I could buy your TH900 for $600?
what I would do is sell 2 of them, and save up to buy a flagship headphone with a different sound signature. Thxoo is a very good headphone itself, the upgrade is not huge. And I'm not selling the th900 lol.give polar magnetic headphones a try.I have the HE 500, and I like it better than the th900

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #8,293 of 12,975
I am NOT recommending this, just showing its possible incase anyone curious
tongue.gif

These are CHINA xb1k pads which run like 20 bones US. There are 2 pairs of OEM left on ebay for 28/pairr. They're hella comfy over stock on both. I don't recommend the bluedio but they do decent for movies. The Sz1k produce bass a little differently than with hm5 or stock (with stuffed tp) but i have no complaints. I think hm5 impact bit more, but the phat pads touch more skin, and vibrate over larger area relatively speaking. They hit just as hard as xb for grand total of $120. Feel the same to me really once on.

Be warned its a pain in the butt to put these on. Basically the inner diameter acts like a lip. Needs to be stretched on (lip goes into lip groove of cans, secured), no mods necessary!

But sz folks now know the alpha pads, hm5, 55x, and stuffed stock pads work.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #8,294 of 12,975
  If you want a bluetooth bass head headphone that does not need an amplifier buy these, test them out and if you dont like them send them back to amazon, honestly they do hit hard not sure what shammu is doing with these and yes HBB when I use them on my set up I double amp all my headphones and is maybe the reason the bass is up there with the top 10's I would say atleast on level with the pro 700mk2's I dont own a stake in the company I simply chimed and said try these we are bassheads so want to try everything and trust me from someone who owns a lot of headphones these wont be beaten on bluetooth with any headphone at the moment. the more you amp a headphone the louder it gets so drive some power into them and see what level they get to I may do the paper test for you guys as reading the comments seems like people calling me a liar if you look back I was the one who mentioned the xb1000's, th900's, pro500's and the pro 700 mk2's. 

Hey ,

I didn't say I dont like them. I am keeping mine
tongue.gif
From my testing with just bluetooth, and  portable amp, and desktop amp, i did say they do have bass. They are definitely basshead, but I cannot say its extreme basshead relative to xb1k/sz1k. I dont have the other ones. And I mentioned they might crack top 10, to wait for HBB because he has experience and better equipment.
The bass tests i conducted show these can slam at 35hz and above, but they cannot perform well like the sz/xb under 30hz, and nothing really below 20hz. This is with my equipment, which isn't the best. I was pretty clear telling them to wait for HBB.

The reason i don't recommend them is more about the stock pads being horrendous (they cover parts of the mid driver and tweeters, hm5 pads or xb pads fix this as i learned after swapping them out and testing), the headband is so wide and ugly and does not contour leaving a pressure spot.. And its clunky, the button rattles a bit when moving head.
I think if one goes bluedio, the Victory and Vinyl might be better options.

I don't think I was out of line with my experience, and really i wouldn't recommend anyone pay over $100 for them. 150 is pushing it. 200 is insane.

Thats just my opinion. I mean if you guys recommend proper eq numbers, and do paper test, that would be cool.

***I will try your double amping recommendation, usb dac amp> desktop amp> Ufo pro*** later in the day and see

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #8,295 of 12,975
There not replacements for the sz's there not amde for that but they are basshead headphones that you can use on the go without an amp and that is quite a big deal as carrying a portable amp everywhere is a hassle these are a replacement for that and I said only get these if your looking for bluetooth basshead headphones otherwise any of the others on the list are good enough. Shammu can you speak on your experience on the bluetooth feature and the bass you get from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back