The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #8,191 of 12,975
dude these are in the top 10 by far I have all of the basshead headphones I was one of the first here the bluedio's have the same impact as all of those on the top 10 even on bluetooth mode. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #8,192 of 12,975
  dude these are in the top 10 by far I have all of the basshead headphones I was one of the first here the bluedio's have the same impact as all of those on the top 10 even on bluetooth mode. 

I'm not doubting you at all bro, but I am curious if they could do a paper test by themselves.

Dec 23, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #8,193 of 12,975
I am also interested in seeing video /pics of them UFO

I saw flossy carter on youtube and he started going all crazy about the bass, and he was doing reviews on them bassy cans so... i have no doubt they will produce some crazy bass, but how bassy i have no idea and i want to know!!! (without buying) :p

Again, im curious about UFOs and A5s

Lets get this going! who owns em? Come out of the shadows

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #8,194 of 12,975

Long time no see my man.

Hows the rest of the sound?  My brother was asking about a wireless set.  Was gonna steer him towards the V-moda, Sony, AT, or Beats.  If they hit hard and sound great, I'll tell him to look out for a pair when they go on sale.

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #8,195 of 12,975

Just be careful when you jump that resistor, that is a **** load of power.  When your looking for a DAC, try to find one that you can use as a preamp.  it'll give you a lot more control over the power output.

I ended up going with the origen+ for the price vs features. It is defintaly not enough power for the he400i's. I piped its line out into the rca in's on my EF2-A and that is a little better r but i think the A-100 is gonna be the best setup without getting into crazy town. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #8,196 of 12,975

I ended up going with the origen+ for the price vs features. It is defintaly not enough power for the he400i's. I piped its line out into the rca in's on my EF2-A and that is a little better r but i think the A-100 is gonna be the best setup without getting into crazy town. 

Nice!  

come back and give us some impressions after you had some time with the new a-100

You know us basshead are all about the power 
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #8,198 of 12,975
  I have all of the top 10 basshead headphones on the list here and they have a built in amp for them to supply the power to the headphones. they kick as much as the pro700 mk2's amped

I thought you were dead or something.

Your Yammy pro 500 video double amped is still one of the all time faves along with the dude who blew his dad's Mad Dogs<<<LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

Merry Christmas

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #8,199 of 12,975
  Has anyone here ever given the SMB-02 by Phonon a try? I see they are rated to take up to 1.3W. Not sure at all what the driver size in that thing is like.

But the a5 is 3500mw handling. Try that first :p And the UFOsssssssssssssssssssssssss

anyone who doesn't know thats Billy Meier

I was listening to Electric Bird

which i didn't mind with dark bubbling bass signature and i felt like this

HAPPY HOLIDAYS BASSHEADS

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #8,200 of 12,975
Hi yes the ufo plus are the only go to for bluetooth bass trust me it is insane what they have done with this headphones.

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #8,201 of 12,975
I dont have the A5 pros but heard they are not basshead cans, the next headphones I am going to try are hd630 vb's and see how hard they can hit and the ufo's other aspects are recessed the bass is full and hits all frequencies and they slam as hard as any of the top 10 cans but the highs and mids are laid back, not my favourite signature but for bass on the go these are the one's whoever buys them will thank me later.

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #8,202 of 12,975
Just letting all the bassheads know that I recently came out with an updated version of my extreme EQ presets that I share for free online, which anyone with a Rockboxable music player can download, install, and use.

DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets, Version 4.1

(There are 2 sets of 590 custom EQ presets, which can boost the low-end sub-bass around 40 Hz by as much as ***62 dB*** with everything combined in the system -- while sounding crisp and clear at the same time. With a suitable preset for the song that's playing, the sound doesn't have excessive midbass, nor does it "bleed into" the midrange, either.)

I designed these presets specifically for my two pair of V-Moda M-100 headphones, and for my two Cayin C5 portable amps. (I have one amp for each pair of headphones, plus a Y-adaptor running out of the iPod when using the dual-listening setup.)

I'd like to give credit to Hawaiiibadboy for something I noticed in one of his recent YouTube videos. He had his lowest EQ band set at 40 Hz, instead of the standard 32 Hz. So I thought I'd try experimenting with that setting in Rockbox. After also adjusting the slope rate on that particular EQ band a little, it sounded a lot better -- with more solid-sounding sub-bass, and with even-better soundstage and musical detail to go with it.

So I created an updated version, thanks to HBB. Kudos to him! 
cool.gif

Anyway, there's a second announcement I'd also like to make on this thread: I'll be attending the New York spring meetup on Saturday, June 10, 2017. (Yes,...click that link.) I'll have a table set up with the dual-listening setup of my portable headphone system and extreme EQ presets for everyone to hear.

I'm also curious to check out other basshead cans at that event, such as the Taction Kannons, JVC SZ-2000s, and Fostex TH-900s if anyone brings them. I'm eager to hear how they sound with DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets, compared to my V-Moda M-100s.

Anyway,...I wish all the bassheads here a Happy Solstice, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!  Have fun....

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #8,203 of 12,975

All UFO Believer's have said some good things. Have you done any amping/eq'ing etc to get that bass or just the bass was there b/c you're saying its top 10 level. If not eq'd and you getting dat $lam, then ok , i'd say thats pretty impressive
happy_face1.gif
but in this game, well only one way to find out

da da dummmmm

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #8,205 of 12,975
  I dont have the A5 pros but heard they are not basshead cans, the next headphones I am going to try are hd630 vb's and see how hard they can hit and the ufo's other aspects are recessed the bass is full and hits all frequencies and they slam as hard as any of the top 10 cans but the highs and mids are laid back, not my favourite signature but for bass on the go these are the one's whoever buys them will thank me later.

These ones bro?

https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Plus-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01DVW643A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back