The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 9, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #8,104 of 12,991
That kind of post is no good for this massive respected thread.
I am clearly to folks who know me not a prude but that is not good for this threads health. Can you delete it please.
Thank you :)

My bad. Four driver excitement

Funny enough the 1k arrived just 4days after ordering from Japan to Canada. Thought it would come in new year

A/B xb vs sz. They.re defo in same league. I amped and eq'd per youtube basshead eq school and dang my head was in full rattle for like 5 hours plus. I still have sz on head now in bed.

Initial impression is that the basss dat basss is tooo deep too clean tooo yummy. Vapman n Hawaiibadboy much blessings

Defo my brain perceives sz bass as cleaner thing does not distort up to the volume I turned it up to.

Very happy, and the pair I got doesnt creak much, little for headband but not much.

Maybe 2k more hit dunno. 1k is heavy and clean so clean.

So how is xb1k diff? Xb to me I feel more air, it feels like the same in impact as sz1k but it seals so well it feels like whem driver pulls back it will suck eardrum out, bass also seems looser than sz1k which seems tighter and more controlled at high volumes. Both excellent at low volume, ithimk sz seema clean due to its dark nature vs sony brightness

Anyway sony burned in s new. I can see the potential behind thia thing. Truly remarkable when eq$d

I like the bass on both, cant really say one is better than other atm. Sony is more comfy. But sz1k to me is also comfy. Maybe bc I use koss djpro100 and love tht can thoufh bit uncomfy, sz better

Anyway yeah im happy to experience this sz dual driver

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #8,105 of 12,991
I like the bass on both, cant really say one is better than other atm. Sony is more comfy. But sz1k to me is also comfy. Maybe bc I use koss djpro100 and love tht can thoufh bit uncomfy, sz better

Anyway yeah im happy to experience this sz dual driver

you should install some Sony donuts onto the Koss.  Totally changes the character of the headphone.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #8,106 of 12,991
  you should install some Sony donuts onto the Koss.  Totally changes the character of the headphone.

You know it might have been your set i saw on the koss dj page or maybe there is another person who did that mod.
I have spare pair of xb500, xb700 pads and did try them.

Its defo added some more bass, but then i decided that i liked the stock sound so much (although slightly uncomfortable after an hour or so). It has a very oldschool stereo sound, esp paired with my ocean amp. Its great for female vocals.

Basshead cans i use for dance or hip hop. Underground hip hop usually is mastered poorly and i usually get the albums off youtube, but the sz is i think the perfect hip hop can. Perfect. I spent 10 hours relistening to oldies like Pac, Twista, Lil Boosie, tech9 to hardcore underground like twisted insane,  brotha lynch etc etc and man its CLEANNNNNNNNNN.

I instantly regretted buying some of my former cans and wish i stocked up on these... hopefully few will remain down the road. or used
biggrin.gif

i also tested sz against 770.80, and well i dont even need to comment (though 770.80 is a wonderful can) but for hip hop sz is just simply better. I dont need to hear rappers voices like i do female vocalists, so bass is most imp

im still stunned b/c its new to me, but i know some of yall rockin them sz's for a while so i prob sound like a noob. Im no bass noob, im just stunned JVC pulled this off

Can't..... believe ..... it....

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #8,107 of 12,991

You know it might have been your set i saw on the koss dj page or maybe there is another person who did that mod.
I have spare pair of xb500, xb700 pads and did try them.

Its defo added some more bass, but then i decided that i liked the stock sound so much (although slightly uncomfortable after an hour or so). It has a very oldschool stereo sound, esp paired with my ocean amp. Its great for female vocals.

Basshead cans i use for dance or hip hop. Underground hip hop usually is mastered poorly and i usually get the albums off youtube, but the sz is i think the perfect hip hop can. Perfect. I spent 10 hours relistening to oldies like Pac, Twista, Lil Boosie, tech9 to hardcore underground like twisted insane,  brotha lynch etc etc and man its CLEANNNNNNNNNN.

I instantly regretted buying some of my former cans and wish i stocked up on these... hopefully few will remain down the road. or used
biggrin.gif

i also tested sz against 770.80, and well i dont even need to comment (though 770.80 is a wonderful can) but for hip hop sz is just simply better. I dont need to hear rappers voices like i do female vocalists, so bass is most imp

im still stunned b/c its new to me, but i know some of yall rockin them sz's for a while so i prob sound like a noob. Im no bass noob, im just stunned JVC pulled this off

Can't..... believe ..... it....

Ya, I think I'm the only one that posted a pic with the Sony Pillows on the Koss.  

What I love about the JVC's, is how well it EQ's up to fit other genres of music.  Classical, Rock, Metal, Industrial, Reggea, Trap, Techno, etc, it does it all for me.  But using the little Parasound amp brought it over the top in dynamics and transients.  I'm imagining the IFI 4 watt'er amp can do the same, as a "portable" setup. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #8,108 of 12,991
  Ya, I think I'm the only one that posted a pic with the Sony Pillows on the Koss.  

What I love about the JVC's, is how well it EQ's up to fit other genres of music.  Classical, Rock, Metal, Industrial, Reggea, Trap, Techno, etc, it does it all for me.  But using the little Parasound amp brought it over the top in dynamics and transients.  I'm imagining the IFI 4 watt'er amp can do the same, as a "portable" setup. 

I havn't spent enough time with this thing to know if its an all rounder. Forgive me, forgive me please, but my initial impressions (and i did test various genres for a few mins but mostly hours of bass tests) that it isn't an 'all rounder'. I'm sure i can listen to anything on these and not complain (im not a hifiguy, audiophile), i just like music, I do however find this as a perfect hip hop can for me, and my tastes. Perfect. Perfect. Bass tests on this is too much fun.

For other genres, well i think there are better options which is not surprising really. It is not the most detailed (upon first impression mind you)

Im just some guy, take it with a grain of salt.

But i wouldnt hesitate to recommend this to hip hop heads thats for sure. I'm excited to spend more time with these and see other genres so i have much to learn with these
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #8,110 of 12,991
One guy says they aren't good for edm, another says they're the best... typical head fi. Who do I trust?

(the edm I listen to: drum and bass with crushing lows, goa trance with tons of detail, techno that benefits from some instrument separation)

Hmmm...well I'm not overly critical of shortcomings of the SZ2K, but I listen to music like you described for hours daily, more than anything else, and it never ceases to amaze me how separated the sounds and powerful the bass is.

Lately I've been really into synthwave, I listen to the perturbator station on spotify while gaming and it's really an epic, immersive experience. There's some really technical stuff going on and the sz2k can play it all really well.

It really makes me feel like I'm tripping out at a rave haha. Its a real blast. Even with it cranked up all the sounds are audible and clear. Difference in opinion likely comes from eq and amp differences. I use an ican and a c5 with no problems whatsoever.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #8,111 of 12,991
I agree with Sham, the sz series can be used with other genres, but obviously they aren't the best for that.

Sham - sz2k hits even harder :)

Grr yeah I wouldnt think any less that the brass ring would provide benefits at the extreme, I pushed the sz1k to its limits and I found it but at that volume just where it still holds together my eardrums felt they would pop,

In one of the youtube vids HBB said the bass is similar until the extremes and I dont even know if my soon to be 30 yr old eardrums can take that. I do want the 2k so hopefully the prices stay the same and there is stock by mid next year.

As for edm as someone mentioned, its not that you cant emjoy it, but some other cans seem little better with speed and details. Xb1k to me, to meeeee, sound better for trance dance etc. When isay better its for my music preferences. And its possible some other dance trance edmetc sound better on sz. I find 770.80 very detailed and speedy but bass though good for 'pro/studio/hifi,ish" its no match for sz FUN BASS or xb FUN BASS.

So I would never in million years say sz is bad for tht dance genre bc its got the most imp feature :CLUB BASSSSSSSSSS

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #8,113 of 12,991
I have some questions I was looking at buying the SZ2k or SZ1k and i was wondering how big the difference is between them as the price difference is $160 to $226 for the SZ2k's.
Also is the fulla good for these or should i go for the fulla 2 as the price in canada is $77 to $130. Or are the better options?

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #8,114 of 12,991
  I have some questions I was looking at buying the SZ2k or SZ1k and i was wondering how big the difference is between them as the price difference is $160 to $226 for the SZ2k's.
Also is the fulla good for these or should i go for the fulla 2 as the price in canada is $77 to $130. Or are the better options?

Very big difference on the sound between the two. but they ultimately same sound more or less when properly used. The reason I say this is because what people just using their smartphone or a DAP and nothing else is different than what people with a dedicated headphone amp that can push lots of power need to take their source into consideration.

If you are wanting to use a phone, DAP, or something else which doesn't involve a separate amp, or just don't want to mess with EQ, 1000 all the way. Will get you great bass and still be very EQable.

2000 won't shine unless you have A) lots of power and B) ultimate sub bass boosting know how.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #8,115 of 12,991
Very big difference on the sound between the two. but they ultimately same sound more or less when properly used. The reason I say this is because what people just using their smartphone or a DAP and nothing else is different than what people with a dedicated headphone amp that can push lots of power need to take their source into consideration.

If you are wanting to use a phone, DAP, or something else which doesn't involve a separate amp, or just don't want to mess with EQ, 1000 all the way. Will get you great bass and still be very EQable.

2000 won't shine unless you have A) lots of power and B) ultimate sub bass boosting know how.

You should warn people of the dangers of doing this.

This is not a joke. Pay two days more than twenty hours bass heavy listening.

Again I'm being serious. This can cause serious ear damage. My ears hurt. When I took off headphones i had trouble locating sounds.

Be careful pushing this thing. It will outlast you turning it up.

Its easy to forget with low frequencies and turn it up toooo high. Unlike piecing treble instinct to pull it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back