The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #8,116 of 12,991
You should warn people of the dangers of doing this.

This is not a joke. Pay two days more than twenty hours bass heavy listening.

Again I'm being serious. This can cause serious ear damage. My ears hurt. When I took off headphones i had trouble locating sounds.

Be careful pushing this thing. It will outlast you turning it up.

Its easy to forget with low frequencies and turn it up toooo high. Unlike piecing treble instinct to pull it off

Yes everyone, be careful.

If your bassing it hard, make sure to let your ears rest after 10-15 min of listening time.  

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #8,117 of 12,991

Yes everyone, be careful.

If your bassing it hard, make sure to let your ears rest after 10-15 min of listening time.  

In saying that though, PROPS to HBB for his hard work and Research, because the info he's provided free of charge is just amazing. I had eq'd before but not to the extremes like he did, but they work flawlessly.

Looping bass tests for hours is not smart, but it is fun.

I went from car audio basshead to basshead headfi'er, then i started exploring better sound, and i mean i got 'better sound' at the expense of boomin bass, and now thanks to this thread back to being a basshead

thank you basshead contributors

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #8,118 of 12,991
Well yeah, if you keep either SZ1k or 2k on your head for several hours uninterrupted, your ears will be ringing for a good long while. 
confused.gif
 this thread is all about maximum sound pressure levels and nothing about that is conducive to keeping your good hearing well into your old age 
wink.gif
 But that said I won't keep either of my SZ's on for more than half an hour. a 10-15 min break isn't all that bad.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #8,119 of 12,991
  Well yeah, if you keep either SZ1k or 2k on your head for several hours uninterrupted, your ears will be ringing for a good long while. 
confused.gif
 this thread is all about maximum sound pressure levels and nothing about that is conducive to keeping your good hearing well into your old age 
wink.gif
 But that said I won't keep either of my SZ's on for more than half an hour. a 10-15 min break isn't all that bad.

Dude it was just too sweet i couldn't take them off. I thought i outgrew the bass tests phase and what not but its still strong in my blood. Thanks to you Vapman for offering the loan. First listen was dedicated to you.

I've tried to get this track to sound right, and with the JVC, it does. Yay
biggrin.gif
. My Twisted Insane cans.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #8,120 of 12,991

I went from car audio basshead to basshead headfi'er, then i started exploring better sound, and i mean i got 'better sound' at the expense of boomin bass, and now thanks to this thread back to being a basshead

Almost my same exact timeline. I also come from car audio basshead days, then got into headphones and shortly after started searching for pairs to satisfy my bass needs. I will tell you it was tough, it didn't take me long to realize most of headfi's opinion on massive bass differs greatly from my own. After purchasing 3 different sets of headphones that were all suggested to have STRONG bass, I finally found this thread. All of us in here seem to have a different take on bass than most of the general headfi community lol. 

Because of this thread I found the SZ2000 and Fiio E12, and then my basshead dream came true. I now officially have the ultimate bass-can set-up, and I couldn't be happier. And now with the addition of my TH-X00's, I also have a "audiophile" grade pair of headphones that still deliver the thump, satisfying my basshead desires all while sounding amazing overall. 

So thanks to HBB and others I have all my basshead needs covered for now....

JVC SZ2000: maximum impact and rumble
Fostex TH-X00: fantastic overall sound while still providing solid slam
Sony MDR-7550 IEM: portable basshead needs
Fiio E12: power and slam on the go
iFi iDSD: desktop power house, can go portable in a pinch

Now I'm debating if I want to get a more portable DAC/AMP combo as the iFi is too big to fit in my pocket. Right now I just stack the E12 onto my source, not using an external DAC. Don't have a large budget for this so I'm looking at the Cayin C5 Spark, Fiio E18, and Oppo HA2. Still undecided.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #8,121 of 12,991
Thanks for the info just a couple more questions how is the portability of them as i will be using them on the bus? Is looping the cable if it's to long the best way.If i buy the SZ1000 do they benefit a lot from an amp so if i decide I need more bass I can buy one later?
Good to know not to keep them on that long don't want to loss my hearing before I can properly enjoy them.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #8,122 of 12,991
Almost my same exact timeline. I also come from car audio basshead days, then got into headphones and shortly after started searching for pairs to satisfy my bass needs. I will tell you it was tough, it didn't take me long to realize most of headfi's opinion on massive bass differs greatly from my own. After purchasing 3 different sets of headphones that were all suggested to have STRONG bass, I finally found this thread. All of us in here seem to have a different take on bass than most of the general headfi community lol. 

Because of this thread I found the SZ2000 and Fiio E12, and then my basshead dream came true. I now officially have the ultimate bass-can set-up, and I couldn't be happier. And now with the addition of my TH-X00's, I also have a "audiophile" grade pair of headphones that still deliver the thump, satisfying my basshead desires all while sounding amazing overall. 

Now I'm debating if I want to get a more portable DAC/AMP combo as the iFi is too big to fit in my pocket. Right now I just stack the E12 onto my source, not using an external DAC. Don't have a large budget for this so I'm looking at the Cayin C5 Spark, Fiio E18, and Oppo HA2. Still undecided.

Good stuff! If SZ2K bass quantity is 100, where does the X00 fall?

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #8,123 of 12,991

iFi is hit and miss with customer support. Cayin is hit every time as far as I know. Keep that in mind.
Glad you are happy. lot of Car Audio dudes are finding more and more of our ilk round here. Sure JVC never imagines this
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #8,124 of 12,991

After owning a Th series again and exchanging some PM's with Strauss, i would say it falls under the 3-4 level of bass impact, the sz being level 10.  But your gonna get some of the best bass cans in terms of quantity and quality.  Plus they fix most of the faults of the th-600. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #8,125 of 12,991
  Thanks for the info just a couple more questions how is the portability of them as i will be using them on the bus? Is looping the cable if it's to long the best way.If i buy the SZ1000 do they benefit a lot from an amp so if i decide I need more bass I can buy one later?
Good to know not to keep them on that long don't want to loss my hearing before I can properly enjoy them.

You can use them on the bus. They are big but wearable. Cable is pretty short so you shouldnt need to mess with it, but if you do just don't tighten it too much.

SZ1000/2000 absolutely require an amp and EQ. If you can't do both of those, just don't buy them. Without amp and EQ they are very bad, but once you get that bass rumbling... my goodness.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #8,128 of 12,991

If the SZ2K's are at the level of 100%, I'd say the X00's are around 50% give or take 10%. The iDSD really helped wake up the SZ2K, as they can take enormous amounts of power. In comparison, the iDSD didn't add anything to the low end on the X00's compared to them running off my E12. 

Like previously mentioned the X00's don't have as much bass as the SZ2K's but they do offer "audiophile" quality sound, while still having enough low end to rattle your face. If I could only keep one pair of my headphones, it would be the X00's. They can literally play everything well. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #8,129 of 12,991
  How well do the SZ2000's do for very low bass frequencies (18-25hz)?

It is heaven. Deafening bliss.

@Falsehaven  The 1000's don't need an amp. but a powerful source absolutely helps and of course amping helps more, but i find the sz1000 to be good with anything I try it on. (note: I have a LG v10 so that is pretty powerful and my other DAPs have a good amount of juice too.) But the 2000s are 100% amp mandatory.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #8,130 of 12,991
anyone pair this up with the ifi ican se?

I saw the specs and i had to rub my eyes because i thought i saw 4000mw at 16ohm. ofc i dont know if its RMS, i doubt it. Probably a max rating

hopefully not like that

i can only afford to put 450mw to the sz1k for portable rig atm

but i would love to pair the icanSE +sz

if the results are worthy
happy_face1.gif

any impressions to share or info somewhere in this thread someone can lead me to?

also, that philips a5 pro van buren seems to take a beating with its '3500mw' rating

anyone beat the shyte out  of it. how is it not in top 10? :p HBB, i nominate that can for your next top 10 if you can research it or have done so, please let us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back