The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 17, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #7,441 of 12,991
Personally, I can't tell any difference between new and now. I know that I had to adjust to them though. That took a week or so. Unfortunately now that my brain is used to insane bass, everything else seems bass light lol. Even stuff that isn't bass light. Oh well...

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #7,443 of 12,991
  picked up a pair of SZ2000s that have only 10-15 hours on them.

Whats the general consensus for appropriate burn in time?

Meh...

Just put them on and turn up the bass 
biggrin.gif
  best burn in method

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #7,444 of 12,991

I can now confirm after countless tests and pad swaps, like someone else did here, that the JVC HASZ1000 and 2000 will sound best with Brainwavz HM5 Hybrid pads. I used several other pads as well as brainwavz' own angled sheepskin which wont be too far from regular sheepskin or pleather pads.

With these pads, 1) discomfort issues are minimized and too much clamping is eased. 2) space is increased for comfortable ear resting and distance from drivers is improved/increased. 3) the canny sound is improved and cans sound better, though still in-the-head sound (as is with most closed backs), it still gets relaxed and gets better. 4) some compromise is met where bass is slightly lowered, and so is the volume, but this can be adjusted by raising the volume relatively, which still isnt too much for the drivers to bear.

Just a slight bass and head-shaking compromise for improved sound and much improved long sessions.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #7,446 of 12,991
Can someone tell me how much bass and impact the th900 had out of the box?

I got a pair and am not impressed with its bass. Simply does not hit hard enough.

I also tried eq'ing them. They did improve, but no where near what I expected. I did my own paper test and the vibration is nonwhere near what is in that video.

I was looking to complement my hd800. I had the sz2000, and when eq'ed, was insane in bass. Not sure what is going on with the th900.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #7,447 of 12,991

I can now confirm after countless tests and pad swaps, like someone else did here, that the JVC HASZ1000 and 2000 will sound best with Brainwavz HM5 Hybrid pads. I used several other pads as well as brainwavz' own angled sheepskin which wont be too far from regular sheepskin or pleather pads.

With these pads, 1) discomfort issues are minimized and too much clamping is eased. 2) space is increased for comfortable ear resting and distance from drivers is improved/increased. 3) the canny sound is improved and cans sound better, though still in-the-head sound (as is with most closed backs), it still gets relaxed and gets better. 4) some compromise is met where bass is slightly lowered, and so is the volume, but this can be adjusted by raising the volume relatively, which still isnt too much for the drivers to bear.

Just a slight bass and head-shaking compromise for improved sound and much improved long sessions.

I guess I have to try the hybrids cuz the regular hm5 pads are just as bad as the stock pads.

Can someone tell me how much bass and impact the th900 had out of the box?

I got a pair and am not impressed with its bass. Simply does not hit hard enough.

I also tried eq'ing them. They did improve, but no where near what I expected. I did my own paper test and the vibration is nonwhere near what is in that video.

I was looking to complement my hd800. I had the sz2000, and when eq'ed, was insane in bass. Not sure what is going on with the th900.

Does it sound off without eq'ing?  What amp are you using?  Never had the 900's but I did own the 600 and the bass was pretty good with just the e18

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #7,448 of 12,991
Using an asgard 2, which drives my hd800 fine. Bass just seems weak...slightly more powerful than my dt990 bass. When i get home after work i will post a video of the paper test with eq off and on. With eq off there is 0 vibration. I figured you guys here might know more about its bass response.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #7,450 of 12,991
This video is with 20-80hz boosted +12db on an EQ in foobar

This video is with no EQ. Same amp volume on both, as you can tell by how loud the headphones are playing.

What do you guys think?

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #7,454 of 12,991
I don't hear distortion or blown drivers but doesn't seem like it's transferring any force onto the paper. Weird... If you think it's off, return them. You had the sz before so you will know how it should feel. 12db boost is a pretty big boost. You should be getting something.

​Yeah, I had the sz2000. This th900 is absolutely no where near what those were. They will be going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back