The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #7,082 of 12,991
hey im doing a poll at MASSDROP!!!
Only for bassheads 
beerchug.gif

click here

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #7,085 of 12,991
Can someone that has the thx00 and d5k do a comparison.

I was never a fan of the hinges that connect the headband to the cups after owning the th600, but the purple heart x00 are so damn gorgeous I think i'm gonna have to cop a set.

I actually like the D5k over the THX00. It is a bit more open sounding with looser bass. The Fostex has a better midrange, but that takes a bit of the openness away. They both sound very similar though.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #7,088 of 12,991
  How ironic it is you post a vid on the 5k @Hawaiibadboy.
A set of Denon 7000's showed up at my door today.

Looks like we are both drifting in over ears
biggrin.gif

My ears need a break from IEM and I like the head pounding too! Congrats. Classic set!

Oh and BTW @hawaiibadboy, try some Alpha pads on those, fantastic.

I alternate between the Alphas and the Beyer Gels. The gels are sick, but hard(impossible) to find nowadays.

I will give those a try. I really do love the sound of these.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #7,089 of 12,991

Looks like we are both drifting in over ears
biggrin.gif

My ears need a break from IEM and I like the head pounding too! Congrats. Classic set!

They don't pound quite like the SZ, but nothing does. These are pretty wild though. I'm enjoying them a lot.
I've never heard any of the Fostex TH series but these are damn good.
I'll have to see if I still love them when I get my Peacock MKII cable from the post office and bust into these spare SZ2k's...

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #7,090 of 12,991
  They don't pound quite like the SZ, but nothing does. These are pretty wild though. I'm enjoying them a lot.
I've never heard any of the Fostex TH series but these are damn good.
I'll have to see if I still love them when I get my Peacock MKII cable from the post office and bust into these spare SZ2k's...

Yeah, in no way shape or form are these as brutalizing and fun like the SZ but they have a nice sound and they are rare (relatively) so i will keep em.

Looking forward to the SZ mod and might copy. I have a cardas cable just sitting here waiting to do something
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #7,091 of 12,991
Young Thug - Hercules   (bass boosted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7mqxduhRM

This jam rattles my (fiio e6 amped) V-Moda Crossfade m-100's to the point the headband vibrates on the top of my head. Thought that was noteworthy as even the boosted turn down for what and sandstorm hit like crazy, but not as hard as this track

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #7,092 of 12,991
Guys, this may have been posted already, but... The Phillips Fidelio L2. Frequently found on Amazon for around $170, this thing represents the absolute best value in headphones for anyone that loves full-range bass music. A Drum 'n' Bass-head's dream! Just tested with a tone generator to confirm, and it does indeed reproduce 55hz, 40hz, 30hz, and 20hz at normal listening volumes at easily audible levels. Not too terribly difficult to drive (although, a cool 1w or so of (solid state) power doesn't hurt), with great treble detail and fantastic imaging to boot.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #7,093 of 12,991
Guys, this may have been posted already, but... The Phillips Fidelio L2. Frequently found on Amazon for around $170, this thing represents the absolute best value in headphones for anyone that loves full-range bass music. A Drum 'n' Bass-head's dream! Just tested with a tone generator to confirm, and it does indeed reproduce 55hz, 40hz, 30hz, and 20hz at normal listening volumes at easily audible levels. Not too terribly difficult to drive (although, a cool 1w or so of (solid state) power doesn't hurt), with great treble detail and fantastic imaging to boot.

Let's see the paper test to show what those 40mm drivers open back headphones can do.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #7,094 of 12,991
You don't own a SZ-2000, right? The L2 is half-open with a 40 mm driver - no competition. And costs roughly the same.

I tested the X2 and was terribly disappointed. Already at medium volumes bass started to audibly distort in the form of frequency shifting. Never heard something crazy like that. The distortion harmonics took over...

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #7,095 of 12,991
You don't own a SZ-2000, right? The L2 is half-open with a 40 mm driver - no competition. And costs roughly the same.

I tested the X2 and was terribly disappointed. Already at medium volumes bass started to audibly distort in the form of frequency shifting. Never heard something crazy like that. The distortion harmonics took over...

Yeah sorry I don't own the SZ-2000. I do have a TH600 and TH-X00 and M-100 from the top 10 list. I have the Taction Kannon on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back