The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 13, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #6,916 of 12,991
I miss having an arrow, it was great for IEMs and lower power headphones like that, but I'd never use my SZ2k with it. The C5 on the other hand, those cans will be bouncing off your skull.

May 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #6,917 of 12,991
  Follow up RE: Headstage 4t (not extra-bass version, no DAC version) - the bass boost has good impact and I like the two levels available, but the SZ2Ks aren't rattling like they do with the C5. Much better than using my X3ii's EQ, and MAN! it's so slim. No more struggling to fit my stack in a pants pocket if I want portability and convenience. I imagine I'll forget the visceral feeling of the SZ2K properly amped and go from an EXTREME BASSHEAD to a moderate basshead with wooden cups over my ears. In about an hour I'm going to see how it boosts my Senn IE8s while I listen to Skepta's latest.

Conclusion: Headstage Arrow 4T is not an extreme basshead amp, but does give your already bass-capable headphones an excellent boost and if you don't need that tooth-rattling (this is literal, this tooth thing) bass of the SZ2K + amp that can do it, the Arrow is no slouch. 

I had this and quickly returned it. 5TX enhanced bass version. I was not into IEM at that time and it was not good with the SZ. I imagine if I had kept it it may have been excellent for my IEM's but maybe down the road?

I am actually migrating back to over ears as the full head slam is the addiction that originally gave me this affliction

May 14, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #6,922 of 12,991
   By the way, the drank on that t-shirt is printed in some  kind of weird, slightly three-dimensional, kind of sticky feeling vinyl. And the rims glitter. 

May 14, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #6,923 of 12,991
double oops- my mind playin tricks on me
confused_face_2.gif

May 15, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #6,925 of 12,991

Woah, that's a bummer. Did you try it with HTC's player (since LG had the external DAC support available only with it's player).

Let's say it still blows my high end headphones amped over a desktop amp out of the water when it comes to bass, straight out of the HTC10. But I know it can go much deeper. My C5 is going to arrive this week.

May 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #6,926 of 12,991

Let's say it still blows my high end headphones amped over a desktop amp out of the water when it comes to bass, straight out of the HTC10. But I know it can go much deeper. My C5 is going to arrive this week.

So you're gonna amp the preamp'd o/p from HTC 10? Let me know the results, damn piqued! I mean, I would rather spend on a C5+HTC10 than on a overpowered iFi iDSD.

May 15, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #6,928 of 12,991
Sick as ****! Knew they look dope on the sz.

How they feel?

Nice shirt too
wink.gif

The purple pads are actually very slightly thicker than the black pads I have. Unfortunately, I just sold the Cayin C5 that I listened to the SZ2Ks through almost exclusively, so I can't give you a sound comparison, though I imagine that they sound similar. They feel excellent. Like your ears are royalty.

Here's an Amazon listing for different colored HM5 pads - those red velour ones are . . . well here they are some headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back