The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 12, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #6,901 of 12,991
  5/11/14 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/6e/100x100px-LS-6e544e4f_tupac.jpeg[/img]
  1. Hawaiibadboy
  2. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  4. offline
  1. 5,533 Posts. Joined 2/2014
  2. Location: In your head.

After listening to some of the finest headphones on the market the T1 stood apart.
I'm not an audiophile. To me these were clearly better than all the other cans.
If you own these you made a wise choice.
I'll grab a set someday when I settle down.

OT:

Almost exactly 2 years ago I heard a very non basshead set but  it absolutely stood out ...i was blown away.

That driver is sick as **** and if I put leather pads on em it will punch.

The SZ and the T1

Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey
biggrin.gif

finished OT

May 12, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #6,903 of 12,991

If you are not amping, these 3 sound quite good if looking at them from an "audiophile-basshead" perspective. But this is the EXTREME basshead thread. TH-600 rattles way more than both the Sig DJs and DT1770s when amped.

After comparing TH600 and DT1770 through a Schiit Lyr and Woo Audio WA6 I have to say that I agree that the DT1770 is more 'audiophile-basshead' and the TH600 is just for bassheads. In terms of rattling more I didn't experience that. The DT1770 seems to have more detail and better mids while having a nice bass slam which I didn't get with the TH600. Take that with a grain of salt as it was a 1 hour demo. I guess my only option is to compare the TH-x00 or TH-900 now.

May 12, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #6,904 of 12,991
Any good tutorials to learn EQ for laptop? Thx

I learned from years of messing around.

Found this video that is great for learning.

You can also search the net to find graphs and charts to figure out what instrument fits in what frequency range.

If you use spotify for pc go get equalify.  it's not free but its good.  if you play Flac,  reaeq is good.

There are two types of eq, Parametric and Graphic.  try to get Parametric

May 12, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #6,905 of 12,991
I have been able to listen a set of stock SZ2000s for about a week through my FiiO Q1. I am impressed with them. I am fairly new at this audiophile thing and I only have Superlux HD681 EVO and HD668B and Monoprice 8923. I also got to borrow some ATH-M50X for a while (which really didn't impress me). These things hit pretty hard even with my modest setup and they are insanely comfortable. I can listen to them all day at work without them bothering me at all. Compared to all the cans I have tried so far for a decent amount of time, these are my favorites. I mean they probably aren't my first choice for listening to jazz or rock but for pumping rap or EDM these things are awesome and they certainly aren't terrible IMO for those genres. I think I need to buy my own set at some point.

May 12, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #6,906 of 12,991
  I have been able to listen a set of stock SZ2000s for about a week through my FiiO Q1. I am impressed with them. I am fairly new at this audiophile thing and I only have Superlux HD681 EVO and HD668B and Monoprice 8923. I also got to borrow some ATH-M50X for a while (which really didn't impress me). These things hit pretty hard even with my modest setup and they are insanely comfortable. I can listen to them all day at work without them bothering me at all. Compared to all the cans I have tried so far for a decent amount of time, these are my favorites. I mean they probably aren't my first choice for listening to jazz or rock but for pumping rap or EDM these things are awesome and they certainly aren't terrible IMO for those genres. I think I need to buy my own set at some point.

From what HBB said, the sz1k are just as good if your not a chronic basshead.  You can use the coins your saved for a better amp.

Nice profile name, gots me a EK with a K20 in there 
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #6,909 of 12,991
I am exetremely happy with my crossfade wireless. Just received them about 20 minutes ago and it's the first headphone I listened to where I'm able to say "Wow!" There are definetly not an audiophile set of cans but for a basshead like me they are fantastic. They have a decent amount more bass than the m100's. I heard in reviews they did but wasnt sure. Well, they do. Atleast compared to the m100 unamped. To me, they sound more alive. They almost have a sparkle. It's hard to describe. I thinj the soundstage is even better. I finally found my perfect headphone. For now, lol. I am going to break them in and do some heavy listening and report back in a few days. First impressions are great. For a basshead I'd pick the crossfade wireless all day long. There is a slight difference between wired and wireless mode but it's the smallest difference I've heard between the two on a headphone. The bluetooth is fantastic. It's exactly what I wanted.

May 12, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #6,910 of 12,991

From what HBB said, the sz1k are just as good if your not a chronic basshead.  You can use the coins your saved for a better amp.

Nice profile name, gots me a EK with a K20 in there 
biggrin.gif

I actually have tried out the SZ1000s. I forgot to list those. They were good but honestly I think even with my current amp the SZ2000s would be worth the extra coin. From Amazon, it is only $75 difference. To my ears, they just seemed to have a little more bass and be more accurate with everything else. I am sure I'd always be thinking I should have bought the SZ2000s. I enjoy plenty of bass with bass heavy music even if it isn't what I listen to all the time. So maybe not a chronic basshead but enough of one that I want a pair of seriously bass oriented headphones.

I am already planning on getting a Modi DAC, Vali 2 and Cayin C5 or iBasso amp to upgrade my amp situation plus probably some used MadDogs.

Nice car. I have a '99 Si as well but my '93 is my baby. It is slowly getting built in to an F Street Prepared autocross competitor.

May 13, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #6,911 of 12,991
I just can't get over the SZ2000 now. As good as the bass IEMs are, I like the feeling of the bass even more on the SZ2000. You know when you feel stuff actually moving around your ears. Pretty amazing I'd say, and this is not something that the IEMs can give me.

May 13, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #6,912 of 12,991
Hawaiiboy, in a lone island situation (assuming there is electricity and the best backend gear) would you pick your best IEM (Ex800ST/EX1000) or the SZ2000? I think I will pick the latter. 

May 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #6,913 of 12,991
  Hawaiiboy, in a lone island situation (assuming there is electricity and the best backend gear) would you pick your best IEM (Ex800ST/EX1000) or the SZ2000? I think I will pick the latter. 

SZ2000 without a second thought.

IEM are convenient items. I would never ever ever choose IEM over an over ear.
SZ2k

May 13, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #6,915 of 12,991
Follow up RE: Headstage 4t (not extra-bass version, no DAC version) - the bass boost has good impact and I like the two levels available, but the SZ2Ks aren't rattling like they do with the C5. Much better than using my X3ii's EQ, and MAN! it's so slim. No more struggling to fit my stack in a pants pocket if I want portability and convenience. I imagine I'll forget the visceral feeling of the SZ2K properly amped and go from an EXTREME BASSHEAD to a moderate basshead with wooden cups over my ears. In about an hour I'm going to see how it boosts my Senn IE8s while I listen to Skepta's latest.

Conclusion: Headstage Arrow 4T is not an extreme basshead amp, but does give your already bass-capable headphones an excellent boost and if you don't need that tooth-rattling (this is literal, this tooth thing) bass of the SZ2K + amp that can do it, the Arrow is no slouch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back