The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 19, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #5,611 of 12,991
Okay my friends. It's a basshead call to arms.

I had the pleasure earlier this week to check out the Taction Kannons. These are going to top the list here as soon as they're available. Objectively and subjectively, without a doubt in my mind, these are the best basshead headphones ever.

Imagine Skullcandy Crushers done right.

Once they get enough interest via their email list, they'll be starting a Kickstarter.

http://www.basshead.club/taction-kannon-prototype-review/

https://www.facebook.com/tactiontechnology/app/100265896690345/

http://tactiontechnology.com/

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #5,612 of 12,991
cool... but... don't those look a lot like... nah...

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #5,613 of 12,991

I had the pleasure earlier this week to check out the Taction Kannons. These are going to top the list here as soon as they're available. Objectively and subjectively, without a doubt in my mind, these are the best basshead headphones ever.

Once they get enough interest via their email list, they'll be starting a Kickstarter.

While I'm very interested in even bassier headphones, I thought usually kickstarters happen to create the prototype, but you're saying you have a prototype and the kickstarter hasn't happened yet? Do they already have a way to produce these or do they not have the funds to make more than a couple units or something?

@HiyakeIchirou I don't plan to bring the SZ's out of the house, that said, I have my XB90EX for when I want to leave the house with bass 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd be happy with either the SZ or HE at home. i will have a SZ for christmas, and i'll sure get myself some SZ5k pads to put on them once I find a good price for them online! but i would love to hear the HE too. I haven't owned a proper Hifiman product and have been wanting to for very long.

Has anyone used velour pads on the SZ?

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #5,614 of 12,991

I would buy one of each (closed and open back) headphones. The guy in charge is a good guy and fellow Head-Fi member FightinJim

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #5,615 of 12,991
While I'm very interested in even bassier headphones, I thought usually kickstarters happen to create the prototype, but you're saying you have a prototype and the kickstarter hasn't happened yet? Do they already have a way to produce these or do they not have the funds to make more than a couple units or something?

@HiyakeIchirou
I don't plan to bring the SZ's out of the house, that said, I have my XB90EX for when I want to leave the house with bass :)

I'd be happy with either the SZ or HE at home. i will have a SZ for christmas, and i'll sure get myself some SZ5k pads to put on them once I find a good price for them online! but i would love to hear the HE too. I haven't owned a proper Hifiman product and have been wanting to for very long.

This is the way Kickstarter should be. They have the underlying technology proven and working, but need money to get it into production and show investors interest.

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #5,617 of 12,991
This is the way Kickstarter should be. They have the underlying technology proven and working, but need money to get it into production and show investors interest.

Very interested in this.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention bud. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #5,618 of 12,991

I hope you didn't take my comments as a diss to the company. I was surprised because i've never heard of a kickstarter where an actual product existed first. that's a very welcome change IMO.
I've never done a kickstart/IGG/anything like that. I'm always excited for more bass headphones.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #5,619 of 12,991
Equalizer APO is global for pc.  Its kind of tricky since you have to input numbers to change freq and adjust, instead of a graph with sliders.  Once you get how to use it, its great.

What do you mean by hi-res source?  If you want to stream flac, tidal is the way to go.  If your using spotify premium, just stick with that.  Tidal is $20 a month and its glitchy as **** right now.  I'm about to unsubscribe after this month.

Your iCan cutting off is not the usual.  I would try to send it in or ask over at the iCan thread to see whats up.  i've never had mine cutoff on me.

Thanks I'll try equalizer apo next time I jump on my pc.

By hi-res source I did mean one of the apps that you can download and play higher quality files from since I am not sure exactly how good spotify streaming/downloading is compared to flac or other lossless filetypes. Neutron seemed viable, but I still need to read up on that and others. I've been pretty happy with spotify so I'll be sticking with it for now.

I'll have to check out the ican thread or maybe just call them on Monday. I read a few threads where people said their amps shut off while trying to get a lot if bass, and others suggested that it was a built in safety feature trigger ed by clipping to avoid damage.

Something to consider is that I'm running my setup out of a power strip that is connected to a surge protector.

I could easily test this by plugging the ican it straight into the wall, and running the same conditions, but I don't want to risk damaging anything. Can I run the SZ2000s at full gain, 100% volume with maxed out bass boost (hardware and spotify eq) without having to worry about damaging them or anything else?

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #5,620 of 12,991

Equalizer APO is global for pc.  Its kind of tricky since you have to input numbers to change freq and adjust, instead of a graph with sliders.  Once you get how to use it, its great.

What do you mean by hi-res source?  If you want to stream flac, tidal is the way to go.  If your using spotify premium, just stick with that.  Tidal is $20 a month and its glitchy as **** right now.  I'm about to unsubscribe after this month.

Your iCan cutting off is not the usual.  I would try to send it in or ask over at the iCan thread to see whats up.  i've never had mine cutoff on me.

Thanks I'll try equalizer apo next time I jump on my pc.

By hi-res source I did mean one of the apps that you can download and play higher quality files from since I am not sure exactly how good spotify streaming/downloading is compared to flac or other lossless filetypes. Neutron seemed viable, but I still need to read up on that and others. I've been pretty happy with spotify so I'll be sticking with it for now.

I'll have to check out the ican thread or maybe just call them on Monday. I read a few threads where people said their amps shut off while trying to get a lot if bass, and others suggested that it was a built in safety feature trigger ed by clipping to avoid damage.

Something to consider is that I'm running my setup out of a power strip that is connected to a surge protector.

I could easily test this by plugging the ican it straight into the wall, and running the same conditions, but I don't want to risk damaging anything. Can I run the SZ2000s at full gain, 100% volume with maxed out bass boost (hardware and spotify eq) without having to worry about damaging them or anything else?

Grab the PEACE GUI for Equalizer APO so you don't have to edit text files.  It provides sliders for the EQ bands, frequency response graph, and all that good stuff.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #5,623 of 12,991

@HiyakeIchirou
I don't plan to bring the SZ's out of the house, that said, I have my XB90EX for when I want to leave the house with bass :)

Don't really use velour myself, kills the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back