The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #5,222 of 12,992
HBB, You consider applying for a job at JVC?

As part of your application, write a short proposal on SZ2000 V2.

I got a job but ..

inline x-over at 250Hz in a single chamber which when combined with the rubber force feed tubes will be outputting nothing over 125-180Hz anyway
There has to be a separate chamber (IMO) between the drivers anyway so that will cause a filtering but not the whole spectrum just 250 and below. The mid range bump will be gone and the sub bass elevation will be optional and not required.  Also the mid/high driver will not be dead center it will be offset slightly forward toward face and up.

2 sets of pads

55x type called "Live Beats" and a set of HM5 types called "Immersion pads"

That's what I'd do.

i love the **** out of my beloved SZ but ....I'd do that (above)

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #5,225 of 12,992
Hi guys i've just bought a pair of JVC HA-SZ2000. Now i'm looking for DAP+AMP to complete the combo. I listen techno, tech house, deep house and hip hop. I'd like the bass to hit hard in my head.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #5,233 of 12,992
Audeze LCD-2 w/ flat EQ out of the Lyr 2 is meh.  EQ'd, they have some nice thump!  I had to flip the gain switch to High to get them loud enough.  They also have more treble than I was expecting from the descriptions I've read of the sound signature.  Not nearly as much as the TH600, though.  AND they also aren't as open as I thought they were going to be.  They have about the same isolation as the TH600, which is a semi-open.  The real test will be when the Emotiva XPA-200 arrives tomorrow :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #5,234 of 12,992

Can barely see the gain knob under the note 4

I really thought the v10 was going to cover the idsd completely by looking at your pics and comparing it to my bros note5. Not the case when I got home and stacked it.

Audeze LCD-2 w/ flat EQ out of the Lyr 2 is meh.  EQ'd, they have some nice thump!  I had to flip the gain switch to High to get them loud enough.  They also have more treble than I was expecting from the descriptions I've read of the sound signature.  Not nearly as much as the TH600, though.  AND they also aren't as open as I thought they were going to be.  They have about the same isolation as the TH600, which is a semi-open.  The real test will be when the Emotiva XPA-200 arrives tomorrow :)

I'm was running the LCD-non-f with lyr2 and the bass was meh... I knew there was potential there. I tried eqing the **** out of them but never could get the level I wanted before distortion. Then... I got a ican micro and flipped the bass switch to high. GTFO... there it is, this is what I'm looking for. Another great option for amps is vintage receivers with lots of tone adjustments. I'm pretty much over desktop amps... Lyr2+multi-frost is about to go on the chopping block. Give me my ifi stack and Kenwood ka-9100 and I'll go to war with anyone

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #5,235 of 12,992
ok today i just did one new trial, connected the note 5 rooted with viper4android and an alo mk3B and listened to my audeze oh man the bass with subwoofer on in V4A was simply the best i ever heard from any setup I ever heard.

the below is good for people who love to eq their music to add bass and other adjustments and not for people who love neutral sound sigs

This goes back to the point in phones like v10 ( and to me the note 5 as well ) are improving their audio qualities and you have the support of xda and V4A which is the best proecessor you can dream off than what is found in any dap. You can have so many tweaks with V4A that blows out any eq in any dap and if needed add an external amp for difficult to drive headphones, also as you can see almost all daps rely on external amps to drive difficult to drive headphones including the notorious priced ak380

what struck me most is how good the following setup was :

1- note 5 + alo mk3 B using neutron player and V4A with my audeze, what a dam great sound big warm sound with great bass and big soundstage and no harshness really that is the best sound I ever listened to so imagine how this will be with your lg v10 which has even a better dac than the note 5

compared to 

2- ak100ii + alo mk3 B where i found the sound to be flat with my audeze and bassless even when i use the eq in ak100ii

I guess for people who love tweaking their sound you will never find a dap that can offer the same tweaks you can achieve with V4A 

I know one thing and this is not to bash any dap but the eq in most daps are just a joke compared to the V4A in android phones so that is a huge point for me to consider especially for people who love to eq their music .

a great phone with a good dac like lg v10 or note 5 + iems== no dap needed as iems sound great with almost any phone so then defientely with the lg v10
a great phone like lg v10 or even note 5 + add an amp for difficult to drive headphones== no dap needed especially all daps to be honest need an external amp to drive headphones like audeze and even ak380 I see people using amps with it.

warrior1975 why dont you test what i mentioned above with your phone and an external amp and lg v10 and your th900

i am really debating if there will be a dap that can give me the same satisfaction as using a great phone with a great dac/amp and have viper4android 
as to me its all about tweaking and adding bass without messing the mids and highs. I honestly do not feel any dap eq is good until now compared to viper4android. This testing took me 2 hours to confirm my findings, as a person who used to be in car audio owning one of the best car audio processors Helix pro and amps where i used to spend countless hours measuring freqcuencies in the car with a mic and using room eq to fix certain frequencies in my car, I am 100% confident that V4A is the best way to tweak your audio that no other dap can allow you to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back