The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 24, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #4,666 of 12,991
  Reading many posts on this thread - i noticed no mention of the JVC esnsy ha-sr85s:
http://cdn.jvc.co.uk/esnsy/ha-sr85s.html

To give you an idea of how powerful the bass from these headphones are,-  i also own the JVC ha-sz2000's and side by side comparisons prove that there is almost...almost no difference, if i eq them then they are identical. Like listening to the same headphone.

Here's the thing. The esnsy's can be had for $54 compared to $240 for the ha-sz2000's...and they are identical (in performance not looks).

So, here's the thing:  $55.85 + $5.15 shipping from a Hong Kong Location against all the other sellers that go for $95 to $103.86 shipped.  At almost 1/2 price I lean towards the "If it sounds too good to be true" maxim...  Out of curiosity, did you purchase the "Master Studio" one or from somewhere else?  Truth be told, I'm still tempted to try out the one that ships FROM JAPAN for $95.00 since I know my SZ2000s came from Japan and do a side-by-side.  (One of the cheapest side-by-sides I think I'll EVER see here on Head-Fi!)   
tongue.gif
  IF it thumps like a $225.00 Japan-made specialty headphone at less than $100.00, then that is something!  Any takers?

Oh, and I'd be careful of the JVC HA-SR85S-B-E version as I feel it might be an E.U. version that is limited with lower max volume, which might, (I suspect WOULD) limit their ability to "THUMP" when compared to non E.U. versions.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #4,667 of 12,991
  Reading many posts on this thread - i noticed no mention of the JVC esnsy ha-sr85s:

To give you an idea of how powerful the bass from these headphones are,-  i also own the JVC ha-sz2000's and side by side comparisons prove that there is almost...almost no difference, if i eq them then they are identical. Like listening to the same headphone.

Here's the thing. The esnsy's can be had for $54 compared to $240 for the ha-sz2000's...and they are identical (in performance not looks).

Let's see it do like below.

15 minutes to back a very bold claim
Prove it....please

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #4,668 of 12,991
I'd love to hear some opinions on the "hardest hitting bass" comparison between different flagships like the LCD-3/X, HE-6, HE-1000, SR007/009 etc.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #4,670 of 12,991
  I'd love to hear some opinions on the "hardest hitting bass" comparison between different flagships like the LCD-3/X, HE-6, HE-1000, SR007/009 etc.

LCD-X or HE-6 is probably the hardest hitting IMO. HE-1000 is more enveloping but probably has the highest quality bass.

Sorry but none of those are basshead cans.  Yes they have great quality, refined bass, but not hard hitters.

there is a video done by one of the members that went out to buy the lcd-x just to do a bass video.  NO bass impact.

Don't get me wrong i love how the lcd-2 sounds and i'm about to get a pair.  but i'm not getting it for the hard hitting bass, i'm getting them for the refined bass.

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #4,671 of 12,991
  LCD-X or HE-6 is probably the hardest hitting IMO. HE-1000 is more enveloping but probably has the highest quality bass.

No

And they are not supposed to.

You guys are in the wrong thread
biggrin.gif

EDIT...you meant hardest compared to what you listed? Maybe XC but they are audiophile sets not designed for impact anyway.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #4,672 of 12,991

Honestly 40mm single driver is unlikely to be able to complete with the SZ000's absolute max pass. What are you driving them with? Is the amp high powered? Are you driving them to the point that they distort then backing off slightly? I've been interested in the ESNSY line since they announced it, but they're not super easy to get and nobody has ever really commented on them.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #4,673 of 12,991
Hello all, i just bought pair of JVC HA-SZ2000 cans and i need USB DAC for them to get most out of them (i have been driving several headphones via my 90s JVC stereo amplifier, which is fine but gives too much noise while connected to my PC and i want to get rid of that). I have been searching something cheap that does the job and gives good bass for these cans, is FiiO E10K any good?, been eyeballing that for a while. Im willing to spend like 100€ at this time. And yeah im searching something mainly for my PC, i dont really listen music on the move. Thanks in advance!

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #4,674 of 12,991
Sorry but none of those are basshead cans.  Yes they have great quality, refined bass, but not hard hitters.

there is a video done by one of the members that went out to buy the lcd-x just to do a bass video.  NO bass impact.

Don't get me wrong i love how the lcd-2 sounds and i'm about to get a pair.  but i'm not getting it for the hard hitting bass, i'm getting them for the refined bass.

Then you have not experienced a properly amped HE6, it hits like bricks for an open can.

Here is my modded 400i moving air,the 6 hits much harder.
https://youtu.be/ylMbSnM350M

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #4,675 of 12,991

What headphones would you then consider to be flagship basshead cans?

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #4,676 of 12,991

Let's see it do like below.

15 minutes to back a very bold claim
Prove it....please

I tried your test on my Esnsy's and my Ha-sz2000's but couldn't get the paper to respond to either of them. You'd need to tell me more about how you do your test so i can post a video demonstration..However - using my ears, i can say with absolute certainty that the Esnsy's are identical.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #4,677 of 12,991

I tried your test on my Esnsy's and my Ha-sz2000's but couldn't get the paper to respond to either of them. You'd need to tell me more about how you do your test so i can post a video demonstration..However - using my ears, i can say with absolute certainty that the Esnsy's are identical.

If you are using an amp and boosting the eq then you should simply place a 1/2 A4 printer paper as in the vid after having checked on ear for the maximum output before distortion. The paper will dramatically reduce it's response if distortion occurs as the diaphragm is being very inefficient at that stage.

That video above was not done by me it was another member who looked at my video and imitated what I did.

The difference may be in the pads. Most bassheads use 55x pads for max bass. I just did a vid with my Note 4 and an e18 so ..I do it in 2 minutes. Power and eq.

I believe you believe what you claim but a 40mm driver doing what a 55mm driver that is acting as a dedicated subwoofer...those 2 releasing the same amount of energy that you feel on your skull and can be demonstrated ....that would be a first and I have tested many many 40mm cans.

When pushed to the edge the sz2k housing resonating is overtaken by the air shooting through the 2 bass ports and the whole display goes to the back of the cans. Pretty amazin but too close to distortion. But that is like holding a piece of paper out a car window while driving fast...it's crazy. I don't think any 40mm or 50 mm can do that

But I am excited to see if you can try

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #4,678 of 12,991
 Out of curiosity, did you purchase the "Master Studio" one or from somewhere else?  Truth be told, I'm still tempted to try out the one that

Don't know what you mean by "Master Studio"?

​
So, here's the thing:  $55.85 + $5.15 shipping from a Hong Kong Location against all the other sellers that go for $95 to $103.86 shipped.  At almost 1/2 price I lean towards the "If it sounds too good to be true" maxim...  Out of curiosity, did you purchase the "Master Studio" one or from somewhere else?  Truth be told, I'm still tempted to try out the one that ships FROM JAPAN for $95.00 since I know my SZ2000s came from Japan and do a side-by-side.  (One of the cheapest side-by-sides I think I'll EVER see here on Head-Fi!)   
tongue.gif
  IF it thumps like a $225.00 Japan-made specialty headphone at less than $100.00, then that is something!  Any takers?

Oh, and I'd be careful of the JVC HA-SR85S-B-E version as I feel it might be an E.U. version that is limited with lower max volume, which might, (I suspect WOULD) limit their ability to "THUMP" when compared to non E.U. versions.

Put it this way - with my ha-sz2000's i never push the volume past 60% or else my ears would explode. With the Esnsy's i would never push the volume past 70%...As i hinted at in my first post in this thread - they don't quite compare, but no other headphones (except for maybe the ha-sz1000's) could come as close to the ha-sz2000's.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,679 of 12,991

If you are using an amp and boosting the eq then you should simply place a 1/2 A4 printer paper as in the vid after having checked on ear for the maximum output before distortion. The paper will dramatically reduce it's response if distortion occurs as the diaphragm is being very inefficient at that stage.

That video above was not done by me it was another member who looked at my video and imitated what I did.

The difference may be in the pads. Most bassheads use 55x pads for max bass. I just did a vid with my Note 4 and an e18 so ..I do it in 2 minutes. Power and eq.

I believe you believe what you claim but a 40mm driver doing what a 55mm driver that is acting as a dedicated subwoofer...those 2 releasing the same amount of energy that you feel on your skull and can be demonstrated ....that would be a first and I have tested many many 40mm cans.

When pushed to the edge the sz2k housing resonating is overtaken by the air shooting through the 2 bass ports and the whole display goes to the back of the cans. Pretty amazin but too close to distortion. But that is like holding a piece of paper out a car window while driving fast...it's crazy. I don't think any 40mm or 50 mm can do that

But I am excited to see if you can try

I'll try this and get back to you soon...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back