The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 25, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #4,276 of 12,991
Nice! I'm still in the mix on what set of cans to pick up. Been hearing a lot of negatives on the Pro700 (mainly them being unballanced, and un-natural, but aren't most basshead cans?). Since i'm picking up the C5, I could just go all in and get the SZ2000. Really enjoy the AT sound signature though
I checked the specs on the C6, and it doesn't have near as much output
Edit:
Just figured our what i'm spending the $41 on! Going to pick up another set of Kraken. Kind of miss them. Plus i need a gaming headset

Edit:
Dang...... These things slam with the EQ settings i made for my AT. Another bass test coming fasho. Not sure if I'm even going to get another set now.
Going to return my WS55 and pick up the Razer Timat 2.2. They're on sale for the same price I paid for the WS. May test those as well. Heard they have massive bass. Two 40 mm drivers just for bass

My new gear:

E11 doesn't have enough power for the 4 speakers. Will bass test it after i get the C5

Cool!
When in doubt go with what you know!.....and add a multi driver set too
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to hearing,seeing about those dual 40mm bass drivers

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,279 of 12,991
  Cool!
When in doubt go with what you know!.....and add a multi driver set too:D
Looking forward to hearing,seeing about those dual 40mm bass drivers
Still believe the Kraken are my best headphone purchase :D. Very EQ'able. My Clarity preset I made seems to fix the problem with the mids. Also makes the bass more managable, and tighter. These things do not need any bass boost unless you are trying to blow out your ears, lol. I've died and gone to bass heaven. Has the perfect ammount for me.
No need for a bass test. Same bass as the one on my channel, but with a better tonality balance https://youtu.be/ieqwY_ET_tU

From my use of Tiamat so far, they don't seem to have as much bass as the Kraken. They have almost a surround tonality, and very tight punchy bass. Good with acoustical music and great for gaming. Will be using these for mt Xbox One.
Will see though when I get the C5. Requires a lot more power than the Kraken
Edit: just double amped them with my Auvio (peace of junk), and it does seem that these do have some bass, but it's still not enough power. These drivers are power hungry. Wouldn't recommend them without an E12 or C5

Edit: just made a new Viper profile that takes full advantage of the Kraken's powerful drivers. Can feal the bass in your spine (can't be good for you....).
Release the Kraken profile available in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771843/nwa-viper-presets-bass-acoustics-vocals

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #4,280 of 12,991
Still believe the Kraken are my best headphone purchase
biggrin.gif
. Very EQ'able. My Clarity preset I made seems to fix the problem with the mids. Also makes the bass more managable, and tighter. These things do not need any bass boost unless you are trying to blow out your ears, lol. I've died and gone to bass heaven. Has the perfect ammount for me.
No need for a bass test. Same bass as the one on my channel, but with a better tonality balance https://youtu.be/ieqwY_ET_tU

From my use of Tiamat so far, they don't seem to have as much bass as the Kraken. They have almost a surround tonality, and very tight punchy bass. Good with acoustical music and great for gaming. Will be using these for mt Xbox One.
Will see though when I get the C5. Requires a lot more power than the Kraken
Edit: just double amped them with my Auvio (peace of junk), and it does seem that these do have some bass, but it's still not enough power. These drivers are power hungry. Wouldn't recommend them without an E12 or C5

Edit: just made a new Viper profile that takes full advantage of the Kraken's powerful drivers. Can feal the bass in your spine (can't be good for you....).
Release the Kraken profile available in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/771843/nwa-viper-presets-bass-acoustics-vocals

We get used to stuff and have personal sweet spots.
I waive a lot of folks off the SZ because they might cry if they don't change pads and use a good amp and eq....yet I consider them my go to over ears still. After all the stuff I have heard here in Japan and all the claims...I still got these ******* things right next to me.
biggrin.gif

V4A is so epic I have not gotten past tweaking the standard one for rooted devices.

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #4,281 of 12,991
Finally heard Denon AH-D600 and they are actually very pleasant to listen to. They're Tier 2 in terms of bass impact. With Brainwavz pads (which are stiffer than the stock pads), you can get them to shake the jelly on the back of your neck, but nowhere near as much as the SZ. Still, a much better sound signature than the SZ series without EQ and very versatile. They're probably worth the current price ($300), but definitely not worth the MSRP.

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #4,282 of 12,991
Razer Tiatam 2.2
 ​

​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing.
 ​
 ​
Test Conditions

Source:Nexus 6 with Extremebeats playing
Wiz Khalifa "On My Level"

Amp: FiioE11 gain: 11db
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #4,283 of 12,991

Razer Tiatam 2.2
 ​

​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing.
 ​
 ​
Test Conditions

Source:Nexus 6 with Extremebeats playing
Wiz Khalifa "On My Level"

Amp: FiioE11 gain: 11db
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Boom ************!!!
biggrin.gif

This is what the thread is all about.

Nice!!

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,285 of 12,991
  Yo @Hawaiibadboy, on the front page under a spoiler tag, can we start a list of the hardest hitting bass tracks? Not sure if this is the right place, but I feel it's necessary to start one. 

Sounds like a plan.
biggrin.gif

I will be re-modeling the 1st page list design with some graphic tricks I learned while modding the X5

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #4,286 of 12,991

Boom ************!!! :D

This is what the thread is all about.

Nice!!

The Tiatam will probably be my go to for acoustical music. They have realy nice sq with good controlled bass. Kraken for jaming out. Will probably still get the Pro700 and C5 in two weeks. Curious about their sound.
Think I should make a review for the Kraken and Tiatam

Edit: The Tiatam are starting to grow on me. The bass is deeper and cleaner. Kraken has more upper bass (can be annoying at times). Can't wait to try these with the C5. Think I may use these more than the Kraken. The comfort on these things are extreme. The pads are like pillows. Most comfortable headphones I've worn

Look out Beats, the Tiamat are in town. Believe these may be able to challenge them with a better amp

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #4,287 of 12,991
The Tiatam will probably be my go to for acoustical music. They have realy nice sq with good controlled bass. Kraken for jaming out. Will probably still get the Pro700 and C5 in two weeks. Curious about their sound.
Think I should make a review for the Kraken and Tiatam

Edit: The Tiatam are starting to grow on me. The bass is deeper and cleaner. Kraken has more upper bass (can be annoying at times). Can't wait to try these with the C5. Think I may use these more than the Kraken. The comfort on these things are extreme. The pads are like pillows. Most comfortable headphones I've worn

Look out Beats, the Tiamat are in town. Believe these may be able to challenge them with a better amp

Looking forward to vid with a C5
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #4,288 of 12,991
Audioquest Nighthawk is looking like a lost cause.

Fujiya Avic has been taking pre-orders for 2.5 months.

Just got a PM from a new owner who said they are mud blasters. (He's not a basshead) No idea if that means a late mid-bass hump or what?

OT

Portable boom boom

Water cam

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #4,289 of 12,991
Audioquest Nighthawk is looking like a lost cause.

Fujiya Avic has been taking pre-orders for 2.5 months.

Just got a PM from a new owner who said they are mud blasters. (He's not a basshead) No idea if that means a late mid-bass hump or what?

To be fair, the SZ2000 sounds like crap without EQ. Not sure what a mud blaster is either.

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #4,290 of 12,991
To be fair, the SZ2000 sounds like crap without EQ. Not sure what a mud blaster is either.

True
redface.gif

They cost about 1/3rd though.

There are some companies nailing the "system" and teasing,touring and releasing like shooting fish in a barrel and some.........well...they forgot to buy a barrel and they got no fish. No damn fish.
Let me play witch doctor high on peyote and see a future where these are most appealing to folks comfortable with an eq and love massive bass while the originally targeted crowd has long since moved on.

Coulda got in front of that crowd 2 months ago and the demonstrative power coulda already have been captured. Woulda bought them first. Was told all units in Japan were busy. I know one of those busy folks who was busy passively trashing them and ignoring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back