The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #3,916 of 12,992
About Skullcrushers. They are cheap, and fun. The sq is decent, surprisingly more balanced than one would expect from a "bass rattling" headphone. The vibration feature is what makes them fun. The battery-powered vibration unit is variable, controlled with a slider on the left ear cup. Without the vibration bass is decent but nothing special.

I don't wear them for long periods of time, as the vibration gets tiresome eventually. Oh, and the construction is cheap--plastic, mostly, but the design is good, so they really are more comfortable than one would think.

Considering the low price, every basshead should have a pair.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #3,917 of 12,992
About Skullcrushers. They are cheap, and fun. The sq is decent, surprisingly more balanced than one would expect from a "bass rattling" headphone. The vibration feature is what makes them fun. The battery-powered vibration unit is variable, controlled with a slider on the left ear cup. Without the vibration bass is decent but nothing special.

I don't wear them for long periods of time, as the vibration gets tiresome eventually. Oh, and the construction is cheap--plastic, mostly, but the design is good, so they really are more comfortable than one would think.

Well, I'm choosing a headphone for daily use, which means a couple of hours everyday..Do you think i should look for other options?I'm interested in XB 950AP as well  but they look cheap..Do you think i can get some headphone with some good confort, bass focused and not too plastic with a budget of 100$?Idk if Im asking too much for the amount of money i wanna spend, Am I?

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #3,918 of 12,992

That's the Crusher, not the Skullcrusher, they're two different models. The Crusher replaced the Skullcrusher a while ago iirc.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #3,919 of 12,992
  That's the Crusher, not the Skullcrusher, they're two different models. The Crusher replaced the Skullcrusher a while ago iirc.

Long time no see bro.

You are correct.

I am all about the slam and the vibe and they couldn't do the slam part.

All sizzle no steak. If somebody doesn't have/want an amp but want's a little bit of something something...
They probably satisfy.

On a related note to readers...

I would advise buying an amp like a Cayin C5 or an e12 BEFORE the cans. You will likely change cans often but a good amp will stay in your life longer and will let you properly evaluate whatever you got before you move on.

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #3,920 of 12,992

You will likely change cans often but a good amp will stay in your life longer and will let you properly evaluate whatever you got before you move on.

This, all of this, this is extremely important

just, in general in this hobby

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #3,921 of 12,992
Well, I'm choosing a headphone for daily use, which means a couple of hours everyday..Do you think i should look for other options?I'm interested in XB 950AP as well  but they look cheap..Do you think i can get some headphone with some good confort, bass focused and not too plastic with a budget of 100$?Idk if Im asking too much for the amount of money i wanna spend, Am I?
You should test them at a shop. Should not be too hard to find a Sony shop/dealer who have them. Then get them online for 60$ if price ii shop seems steep.

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #3,923 of 12,992
Got the SZ2000 yesterday, hooked it up to my HA-501, played with EQ in Jriver, then just grinned for an hour or so as I tested out my favorite tracks. Thanks for this thread!

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #3,924 of 12,992
Hey guys, thanks for commenting and trying to help me finding the best headphones for me.
As there have been many suggestions and I just really want my reply to be as brief and clear as possible. I have seen good headphones mentioned but i came here for bassy headphones rather than headphones with good bass kicks. So the M50x and Sennheiser aren't meant for "Bassheads" therefore I am not really interested in them

Also if i will buy any of these headphones i need them to work without an amplifier for their price, otherwise I need either cheaper headphones to buy with an expensive amplifier or buying more expensive headphones with cheaper amplifier... or just buying a very expensive pair of headphones that will work efficiently with my M8 phone.
And yes, i am not that kind of guys who just want the "deep" bass, i also want the "kicks" as well.

Thanks again :)

(Right now considering V-Moda's M100 or Crossfade LP2, Skullcandy Crusher, Sennheiser HD8) (how is Fiio E6 btw?)

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #3,925 of 12,992
  Hey guys, thanks for commenting and trying to help me finding the best headphones for me.
As there have been many suggestions and I just really want my reply to be as brief and clear as possible. I have seen good headphones mentioned but i came here for bassy headphones rather than headphones with good bass kicks. So the M50x and Sennheiser aren't meant for "Bassheads" therefore I am not really interested in them

Also if i will buy any of these headphones i need them to work without an amplifier for their price, otherwise I need either cheaper headphones to buy with an expensive amplifier or buying more expensive headphones with cheaper amplifier... or just buying a very expensive pair of headphones that will work efficiently with my M8 phone.
And yes, i am not that kind of guys who just want the "deep" bass, i also want the "kicks" as well.

(Right now considering V-Moda's M100 or Crossfade LP2, Skullcandy Crusher, Sennheiser HD8) (how is Fiio E6 btw?)

Monster Npulse over ear are worthy of consideration as well.

Senn HD8 ..? The moda might be worth their price. The HD8 are not IMO.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #3,926 of 12,992

The fiio e6 as far as being with the 55xs are fantastic.
However the plastic in the 55x speakers got stretched out by the bass so when you plug an mp3 into the headphones the bass isn't tight, it sounds like flatulence, no joke. then you plug it into the amp its hard hitting and tight sounding no distortion. i think the e6 for the 55xs are right on the border of being too much at full volume on the last eq setting. They're still working tho. Not sure how the m100s or lp2 will handle with the fiio e6 because the amp might be too weak to cause big bass with the vmoda's.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #3,927 of 12,992
Hello, thanks for the reply guys..

I guess I will take Hawaiibadboy suggestion and remove the HD8 out of my list and replace with with N-Pulse.

And with the 55X do you mean the JVC headphones?, Anyhow so if the E6 wouldn't work well with the headphones I have mentioned I guess I will have to buy another one, I know that the E12 will work but do I have to buy them or there could be a better option for the M100, crossfade LP2, or N-Pulse? (I guess the skulcandy crusher will not be good with an amp anyways or am I wrong?)

Thanks and cheers

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #3,929 of 12,992
  Hello, thanks for the reply guys..

I guess I will take Hawaiibadboy suggestion and remove the HD8 out of my list and replace with with N-Pulse.

And with the 55X do you mean the JVC headphones?, Anyhow so if the E6 wouldn't work well with the headphones I have mentioned I guess I will have to buy another one, I know that the E12 will work but do I have to buy them or there could be a better option for the M100, crossfade LP2, or N-Pulse? (I guess the skulcandy crusher will not be good with an amp anyways or am I wrong?)

Thanks and cheers

The e6 is good but it's not future proof. If you want more bass or power your stuck with having to buy an e12 Cayin C% or other later and the e6 will be a paper weight. My e12 is a paper weight now.
The Cayin C5 is better in all ways so the e12 was really a waste of money. I need 1 good portable amp with a good bass switch a gain and a presentation that can suit my over ear or anything. It is and was stated to be better than e12 but I figured I could save money and still get my power. As the e12 does nothing now I really just wasted money.

The HD8 do nothing great. They have good bass are not great in mids like many cans with strong bass humps and treble is good until getting into big bass via gain. They are fatiguing.

The Cayin C5 and the M100  are musical and fun and can thump your skull. EDM...whatever..

The crushers will distort with an amp pretty quick as it's design is not for or in need of lots of power. It's an effect that gives the feeling of a lot of power going to the drivers by simulating a driver going crazy with the dual diaphragm design. The natural desire to add a punch to that vibe via amp power will lead to an overwhelming of the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back