The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #3,151 of 12,992
I just want to confirm, purely from a bass boost perspective, doesn't the E7K/E17K produce more bass than the E12?

E12 MAX BASS Boost >5 dB (BASS ON)
E7K/E17K Bass Adjust ±10 dB

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #3,152 of 12,992
  i guess u deleted the USPS ramt but i had to comment on that- they have the WORST customer service. Every time ive had to call them Ive been on hold with them for more than an hour and then when you finally get connected , you get the worst most unprofessional ghetto agent there is and they dont help you at all and it becomes a total waste of time.

im assuming you imported these headphones (i think thats the only way you can get them into north america as they dont sell them here or i may be wrong?) so i HOPE that its not jumping back and forth from depot to depot adding customs and duties on top of customs and duties LOL
Thats my fear too when i receive mine, there better not be like 60 bucks in duties and customs and all those other nasty fees when these arrive at my door.
Or who knows.. maybe some usps guys jacked your headphones and are listening to Willie nelson on them or something hahaha J/K

hope u get them soon

USPS is better than UPS, DHL, etc. for customs TRUST ME. I am Canadian but I know how they all work having had packages fly from all of them lol. Their customer service and speed is bad, sure but for international orders I'd rather go with national companies and avoid custom fees when I can. You are almost 100% guaranteed to have custom fees if they were bought from a retailer regardless of who's shipping it because they don't give a damn about your taxes and fees unless you communicate the fact that you want to avoid custom fees lol. The only times I was told I was able to avoid custom fees was with retailers shipping with national post companies and the only way to do this is to communicate this with the retailer. I was always charged fees with DHL, UPS, etc. (maybe because they get incentives from their declarations or something).

Anyway, I forgot to try to negotiate the custom declaration with J-Made, the japanese companies I bought my SZ2K. So when I asked they replied:

"Dear Regis-san,

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
We wrote it as 24,000 yen in an invoice.
¥2400 is about $210. (US$) It differs by an exchange rate.
Item is $241.62, but we wrote cheaply as possible.
Please refer to it.

I hope my English expressions aren't rude.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
J-Made "

The problem with this response is that in Canada, they slap provincial taxes and duties as soon as the shipment exceeds $200 which would have been avoided if he classified it as a gift or under $200 but it's my fault for not having tried to negotiate. Just be aware of the conditions in your country, try to work something out with the retailer and you're golden. I can't do any of this if they shipments are from other companies though but even then if they send it with Japan Post (like they did in my case), they will hand it to the your country's national post service by default.

I paid 40 Canadian dollars in fees by the way.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #3,153 of 12,992
  I just want to confirm, purely from a bass boost perspective, doesn't the E7K/E17K produce more bass than the E12?

E12 MAX BASS Boost >5 dB (BASS ON)
E7K/E17K Bass Adjust ±10 dB

No
Because there is not enough raw power to drive that elevated freq boost.
So the part I bolded....no

Can they raise a freq higher relative to zero. Yes.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #3,154 of 12,992
So what your saying is that because the E7K/E17K produces less power than the E12 the actual bass output is less than the dB by themselves show?

What would be the actual dB that the E12 increases the bass by if bass increase of 10dB from the E7K/E17K stays the same?

No
Because there is not enough raw power to drive that elevated freq boost.
So the part I bolded....no

Can they raise a freq higher relative to zero. Yes.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #3,155 of 12,992
  USPS is better than UPS, DHL, etc. for customs TRUST ME. I am Canadian but I know how they all work having had packages fly from all of them lol. Their customer service and speed is bad, sure but for international orders I'd rather go with national companies and avoid custom fees when I can. You are almost 100% guaranteed to have custom fees if they were bought from a retailer regardless of who's shipping it because they don't give a damn about your taxes and fees unless you communicate the fact that you want to avoid custom fees lol. The only times I was told I was able to avoid custom fees was with retailers shipping with national post companies and the only way to do this is to communicate this with the retailer. I was always charged fees with DHL, UPS, etc. (maybe because they get incentives from their declarations or something).

Anyway, I forgot to try to negotiate the custom declaration with J-Made, the japanese companies I bought my SZ2K. So when I asked they replied:

"Dear Regis-san,

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
We wrote it as 24,000 yen in an invoice.
¥2400 is about $210. (US$) It differs by an exchange rate.
Item is $241.62, but we wrote cheaply as possible.
Please refer to it.

I hope my English expressions aren't rude.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
J-Made "

The problem with this response is that in Canada, they slap provincial taxes and duties as soon as the shipment exceeds $200 which would have been avoided if he classified it as a gift or under $200 but it's my fault for not having tried to negotiate. Just be aware of the conditions in your country, try to work something out with the retailer and you're golden. I can't do any of this if they shipments are from other companies though but even then if they send it with Japan Post (like they did in my case), they will hand it to the your country's national post service by default.

I paid 40 Canadian dollars in fees by the way.

im also canadian (toronto area) and i do a LOT of online shopping, especially ebay, and yes USPS is always the best bet as they hardly ever have any customs or duties or extra fees at the door (unless the sender specifies the brand name of the item and real value then sometimes you get dinged) but USPS is always my number one choice for mail carriers. UPS, DHL, western union, etc are the WORST. There is almost ALWAYS duties, brokerage, taxes etc fees. So many times i have refused and return to sender items because those fees were way too high and had to open paypal disputes to get my money back. Sometimes it can seem like a deal compared to how much the item would cost u in the mall but then when they add on all those other fees it becomes more expensive.

usually , if u ask the sender to declare it as a gift or as 10 bucks u can bypass extra fees but a lot of sellers now dont want to even do that anymore. And for ebay, they have now started to charge u for import duties upfront plus regular shipping.. i hate that.

My sz2000s were bought on ebay and are coming from korea i believe (or japan i forgot) and it says free international shipping, so i HOPE there wont be any extra fees at the door, i have no idea which carrier will handle the shipment once it crosses into canada, i hope canada post, theyve been good to me.

and if i buy anything that is more than 75 bucks and i know its being shipped by UPS or fedex or dhl, i try my best to get them to send it by USPS but if they refuse then i just dont buy it. Im sick of the headache with extra unreasonable fees.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #3,156 of 12,992

im also canadian (toronto area) and i do a LOT of online shopping, especially ebay, and yes USPS is always the best bet as they hardly ever have any customs or duties or extra fees at the door (unless the sender specifies the brand name of the item and real value then sometimes you get dinged) but USPS is always my number one choice for mail carriers. UPS, DHL, western union, etc are the WORST. There is almost ALWAYS duties, brokerage, taxes etc fees. So many times i have refused and return to sender items because those fees were way too high and had to open paypal disputes to get my money back. Sometimes it can seem like a deal compared to how much the item would cost u in the mall but then when they add on all those other fees it becomes more expensive.

usually , if u ask the sender to declare it as a gift or as 10 bucks u can bypass extra fees but a lot of sellers now dont want to even do that anymore. And for ebay, they have now started to charge u for import duties upfront plus regular shipping.. i hate that.

My sz2000s were bought on ebay and are coming from korea i believe (or japan i forgot) and it says free international shipping, so i HOPE there wont be any extra fees at the door, i have no idea which carrier will handle the shipment once it crosses into canada, i hope canada post, theyve been good to me.

and if i buy anything that is more than 75 bucks and i know its being shipped by UPS or fedex or dhl, i try my best to get them to send it by USPS but if they refuse then i just dont buy it. Im sick of the headache with extra unreasonable fees.

free international shipping excludes import fees/taxes and they're in the paypal conditions by default. As soon as they declared it as more than $200 you will pay fees at the door and that doesn't have to do with the shipping unless they add insurance or something. You have to talk to them to negotiate no fees. Free international shipping on ebay means you will get them by Canada Post. I paid my fees to Canada Post when I got mine. 

I do admit though paying 40 bucks for something costing 200 is pretty dumb. They banked 20% fees from that but I still gotta realize that if I bought them in Ontario . It doesn't happen often but I'm just have to remember to guarantee myself no fees every time. I rarely get them because I deal with USPS almost all the time anyway.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #3,157 of 12,992
  free international shipping excludes import fees/taxes and they're in the paypal conditions by default. As soon as they declared it as more than $200 you will pay fees at the door and that doesn't have to do with the shipping unless they add insurance or something. You have to talk to them to negotiate no fees. Free international shipping on ebay means you will get them by Canada Post. I paid my fees to Canada Post when I got mine. 

I do admit though paying 40 bucks for something costing 200 is pretty dumb. They banked 20% fees from that but I still gotta realize that if I bought them in Ontario . It doesn't happen often but I'm just have to remember to guarantee myself no fees every time. I rarely get them because I deal with USPS almost all the time anyway.

i just sent a message to the seller asking him to declare it as a gift or with low value at least, i hope he can do that for me. Paying fees + the ridiculous US/Can exchange rate is killing my wallet right now damn!

im praying the bass quality on the sz2000 are nothing like my mdr xb500s

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #3,158 of 12,992
  So what your saying is that because the E7K/E17K produces less power than the E12 the actual bass output is less than the dB by themselves show?

What would be the actual dB that the E12 increases the bass by if bass increase of 10dB from the E7K/E17K stays the same?

You can sculpt a bigger ski slope relative to zero/flat but it's an illusion on its own ...you always want the ability to raise the entire sculpted slope to the edge of the driver performance limits and back it off a bit.

I can get more bass from an e12 with an eq than another person can get with an e7/e17/e11 etc. That's just power.

This thread is geared towards lots of bass. Power is a major factor. No getting around it so just get on it
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #3,159 of 12,992
  i just sent a message to the seller asking him to declare it as a gift or with low value at least, i hope he can do that for me. Paying fees + the ridiculous US/Can exchange rate is killing my wallet right now damn!

im praying the bass quality on the sz2000 are nothing like my mdr xb500s

The notes are spectacular compared to the one note bass most basic popular mainstream cans have. It's like an artillery strike pinpointing the frequencies with dead aim if the song has it.

play this masterpiece with them when you get the chance @ 1m03s into the track:

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #3,160 of 12,992
  The notes are spectacular compared to the one note bass most basic popular mainstream cans have. It's like an artillery strike pinpointing the frequencies with dead aim if the song has it.

play this masterpiece with them when you get the chance @ 1m03s into the track:

OK will do once i get them in
since you have them now,. i need you to listen to this and tell me how it sounds.. the bass in this track tears my car apart with my JL subs so im very interested in hearing how it sounds on the sz2000s

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #3,161 of 12,992

OK will do once i get them in
since you have them now,. i need you to listen to this and tell me how it sounds.. the bass in this track tears my car apart with my JL subs so im very interested in hearing how it sounds on the sz2000s

enough to make the pads shake and vibrate. They produce the wub wub well in a visceral manner.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #3,162 of 12,992
I think I get what your saying. With more amp power the bass boost is increased more than the bass boost dB numbers alone state.
Thanks for clarifying.

Is this universally the case? Or is it relative to the resistance of the headphones?

Quote:

You can sculpt a bigger ski slope relative to zero/flat but it's an illusion on its own ...you always want the ability to raise the entire sculpted slope to the edge of the driver performance limits and back it off a bit.

I can get more bass from an e12 with an eq than another person can get with an e7/e17/e11 etc. That's just power.

This thread is geared towards lots of bass. Power is a major factor. No getting around it so just get on it
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #3,164 of 12,992
  YO, i know most of you guys listen to a lot of rap/hip hop but im more into EDM (trance, breaks, drum n bass, etc)
will the sz2000 be suitable for those genres? or are these mostly for the hip hop lovers (slower longer bass notes vs faster punchier bass notes in EDM)

Whenever I"m in the mood for EDM, I always grab my orthos. The speed and decay of the bass is just remarkable with orthos, at least with the HiFiMAN HE-400. The bass doesn't slam your face and make your jaw rattle, but there is a slight bass and treble bump. V-shaped sound signature. They are selling now for 299 brand new, which IMO is an absolute steal for how good they sound.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3,165 of 12,992
I want someone here with more money than I to promise that the new Audeze EL-8 closed will be put the to ultimate of bass tests. Maybe it can be what the Sony Z7 was trying to be in the upper-mid-fi category? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back