The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,266 of 12,992
Got my Kickers yesterday, but didn't get to play them till this morning since i came home late last night. 

Upon first play, only one can worked until i tapped the input slightly. Either faulty design or my phone is finally kicking up the dirt (EPIC 4g that i've had for 2 years). Either way, it works fine still. 

Secondly, the bass hits, and mean HITS, but doesn't really carry that well. It's kinda like hearing a .50 cal anti-material rifle fire for only a split second.

Thirdly, and for me this is a killer and probably can be rectified if i get a amp, but on songs with really low sub-bass, i get this horrid screeching and crackling if the volume is set too high which is usually half-way (******* sucks...)

This song in particular

https://soundcloud.com/punkyjones/loudpack-prod-punkyjone

as well as

https://soundcloud.com/cuhlt/2fpf-klnv

I'm guessing i'm going to have to drop some dough on the Audio equivalent of N20? As for the test, tomorrow for sure, i need to use a friend's phone to record them using my phone as an audio source. Even without an amp, paper still reverberates enough haha!

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2,267 of 12,992

According to caraudioforum, this has the most bass?: 
Wow just received the cowon dac to pair with the sz2000 +e12 match made in heaven bass is out of this world. It was well worth the wait.

Yeah, It's like having car subs strapped to your head. I wonder how soon before SZ owners show signs of deafness.

At home I use an Onkyo HT-R390 receiver that has 0 - 12 db bass boost, of course on + 12, and I burp bass.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #2,268 of 12,992
  Got my Kickers yesterday, but didn't get to play them till this morning since i came home late last night. 

Upon first play, only one can worked until i tapped the input slightly. Either faulty design or my phone is finally kicking up the dirt (EPIC 4g that i've had for 2 years). Either way, it works fine still. 

Secondly, the bass hits, and mean HITS, but doesn't really carry that well. It's kinda like hearing a .50 cal anti-material rifle fire for only a split second.

Thirdly, and for me this is a killer and probably can be rectified if i get a amp, but on songs with really low sub-bass, i get this horrid screeching and crackling if the volume is set too high which is usually half-way (******* sucks...)

This song in particular

as well as

I'm guessing i'm going to have to drop some dough on the Audio equivalent of N20? As for the test, tomorrow for sure, i need to use a friend's phone to record them using my phone as an audio source. Even without an amp, paper still reverberates enough haha!

I didn't get any screeching/crackling but the mixing isn't the cleanest. And an amp will make all the difference. I was a skeptic & now I believe.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #2,269 of 12,992
Wow just received the cowon dac to pair with the sz2000 +e12 match made in heaven bass is out of this world. It was well worth the wait.

I go with a volume of 34 on the cowon flat 5 band eq BBE+8 and Mach3bass at +9 or +8 and use the e/12 for volume. We test like that when using the Cowon. The UI is the definition of "What?" but it......it hits that hammer hard. Good stuff Congrats
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,270 of 12,992
  I didn't get any screeching/crackling but the mixing isn't the cleanest. And an amp will make all the difference. I was a skeptic & now I believe.

Yeah, gotta be the input. Needs an amp. However if the driver is tapping out and you gotta tap it in you could return em if you think its a issue. Get on Kicker FB and tell em your story.

LOL at the gif.....Killa cam....the new messiah
biggrin.gif

LOVE the Farrakhan into in the Raekwon track. Reminds me of an intro on a Classic Ice Cube track

Oh nostalgia
L3000.gif

I think I'm gonna do a "Bass I love you" test just to .....just for the f__k of it :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #2,271 of 12,992

This song in particular

as well as

It sounds like they are f  ed up.  Send em back asap.

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2,273 of 12,992
Exactly it's insane an I have to check out those songs u recommended I need great songs for a bassy playlist.

IMPACT

EXTENSION

If ever there were a place stuffed with wildly overstated claims of performance....we are there.
That said...you listen to that Bonecrusher at full blast all the way through...shiiiit listen twice and I'm pretty sure any loose wax in your ear will be shaken loose.
biggrin.gif

More below.. (not just bass heavy but also sound great on the sz)

How could I forget this ...(below)

EDIT:

While looking at my playlist I decided to put all through a visual sub-bass test like the Wiz track which has been the default for it's constant sub-bass output.

Schoolboy Q brings it....one of the best on my very bass heavy playlist.

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #2,276 of 12,992
You guys want bass?

it starts at ~4:00 but the buildup is ridiculous, you should listen to the whole thing

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #2,277 of 12,992
I got to listen to the TH900 today... Wow! Man do they thump! On my level, full bass boost on phone, running through some tube amp, and bam. I had an eargasm. I'll tell you guys about my other experiences with cans if you PM me.

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #2,278 of 12,992
Those were some headbangers for sure lol. You should listen too lil Wayne "I feel like dying" and e-40 my **** bang.all though I believe wiz khalifa on my level is probably THEE best for bass wowww.

E-40 is like the O.G. of trunk slammers. Before ported/tuned boxes became popular and subs sat in closed trunks...he was providing lots of car shaking stuff. FuvK em' is one om my fave'.His stuff does bang on the sz but your right....the constant sub bass attack on Wiz and Too $hort's track is still the king

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #2,279 of 12,992
 E-40 is like the O.G. of trunk slammers. Before ported/tuned boxes became popular and subs sat in closed trunks...he was providing lots of car shaking stuff. FuvK em' is one om my fave'.His stuff does bang on the sz but your right....the constant sub bass attack on Wiz and Too $hort's track is still the king

That's awesome I need that type of program that shows exactly how deep the bass goes. Like this song right here could be close to the bass level/impact of that wiz khalifa song test it out tell me what u think.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBYsbmx5Rg

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,280 of 12,992
That's awesome I need that type of program that shows exactly how deep the bass goes. Like this song right here could be close to the bass level/impact of that wiz khalifa song test it out tell me what u think.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBYsbmx5Rg

Un amped  outta the sz

It's a Trap Beat

Toughest genre' for headphones as they are doing tons of work below 100hz and a lot around 200. A LOT. For car subs this is the shiznit but for headphones this is kicking the edge of ability for small dynamic drivers at amp.

The pic was bad timing but I gotta sleep
biggrin.gif
...but it shows the elevation of the entire sub-bass area but no low kick at 30 or harder one at 50. This is an old school type before they were mastering layers over it better.

I use this ALL the time as it is addicting to know roughly where a track is going so you can boost it better. There is no sense in elevating a range of notes that are not even mixed into the track or missing the main hit entirely.

It just helps find the hits so you can go back and target them specifically.

1 2 3......2 3 1.....1 2 3.........2 3 1.....

Make the bass and paper hum with no stress on the driver or at least much less than just using preset slopes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back