The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2,026 of 12,991
To icrap classic users, any suggestions on improving sq & bass? My setup: icrap > L9 > e12 > SZ2000.

From the reviews I've read on headfi the e11k has an enjoyable 'warmer' quality though it's a dac/amp combo and all that amplification might make it worse?  Confused w/ e18.

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #2,027 of 12,991
  To icrap classic users, any suggestions on improving sq & bass? My setup: icrap > L9 > e12 > SZ2000.

From the reviews I've read on headfi the e11k has an enjoyable 'warmer' quality though it's a dac/amp combo and all that amplification might make it worse?  Confused w/ e18.

Man I own that (ipod classic) and It is been so long even it's residual charge is dead. It's a ******* paper weight.  Is the L9 a smartphone? Does it have any good eq apps? The sony/clearbass combo does quite well. I wonder what the L9 has? You don't need the classic maybe?

How about trying this 

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #2,028 of 12,991
Two SZ "Unicorn edition" bass displays??

SHOW OFF!!

Damn kids
wink.gif

JVC HA-SZ200 + M55X-W White Earpads
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing
Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing
Test tracks: Wiz Khalifa - "On My Level

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on, gain: 16dB
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​
Notes: The King of Extreme Bass flexes paper with authority with his new M55X-W white pads 
smily_headphones1.gif

When making a bass/paper test, finding the "sweet spot" is essential in how you place the paper and pads to get the best effect, however, different sweet spots produce different visuals of the bass SPL slam transfer, which effects how the paper reacts.

In the above test, the paper/pads is positioned to create maximum paper resonance - ie you can hear the paper vibrate.

In the below test the paper/pads are positioned to give a paper "wobble/wiggle" effect.

King cannons like the SZ2000 have this ability - check out both videos to see differing paper responses but both equal in impact, just different types on show 
wink.gif

When wearing your Headcans - always make sure you find your sweet spot - if you don't get a good seal, you lose bass impact - and that just ain't no good in the hood 
confused_face.gif

Awesome points. There is no way to "game" the bass test but you can adjust the paper for different response types. Depending on track and battle it might be wise to intentionally choose one or the other. However it's the same cans and...it's  just bass so...proceed with caution. You dig the other cans grave?....your own?
biggrin.gif

.​
.​

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #2,029 of 12,991
Two SZ "Unicorn edition" bass displays??

SHOW OFF!!

Awesome points. There is no way to "game" the bass test but you can adjust the paper for different response types. Depending on track and battle it might be wise to intentionally choose one or the other. However it's the same cans and...it's  just bass so...proceed with caution. You dig the other cans grave....your own?:D

I think the white unicorn pads actually make the bass hit harder! Who'd of thought a colour could do that :rolleyes:

:D

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #2,030 of 12,991

Man I own that (ipod classic) and It is been so long even it's residual charge is dead. It's a ******* paper weight.  Is the L9 a smartphone? Does it have any good eq apps? The sony/clearbass combo does quite well. I wonder what the L9 has? You don't need the classic maybe?

How about trying this 

I was referring to the fiio L9 line out cable. I would ditch the classic but the alternative sounds even more expansive.

Sidenote: I never knew Killa Cam had this much bass. I've got my RX-V475 receiver hooked up to my e12 ( volume at 50 %, pads on my head)  and it's vibrating my skull. W/ your cowon setup you'd probably get an aneurysm or something.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2,031 of 12,991
I was referring to the fiio L9 line out cable. I would ditch the classic but the alternative sounds even more expansive.

Sidenote: I never knew Killa Cam had this much bass. I've got my RX-V475 receiver hooked up to my e12 ( volume at 50 %, pads on my head)  and it's vibrating my skull. W/ your cowon setup you'd probably get an aneurysm or something.

Nice sub bass track for sure :beerchug:

Here's a couple of my fave hip-hop tracks - not particularly noted for their bass - just their badass creds, the latter a crazy mashup version of an NWA classic and Alien Ant Farms take on Wacko Jacko's Smooth Criminal - who'd of thought such a eclectic mix could merge to such epic awesome? :blink: :wink:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/O5f5HCRZpzs[/VIDEO]​

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2,032 of 12,991

Dope track.

My bad bout the L9.

Are you still on the stock ****ty ass pads from hell? I hope you changed or are gonna change em.

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #2,033 of 12,991

How about trying this 

Stop slagging off Apple iPods - they changed the world...I love my iPod touch.......fair enough I don't touch it as much as I used to know I've got my Cowon iaudio 10 with cool jeteffects........er....what the fugg was my point again?......er....well, I can go on the web with it .....and er....make videos with it .....suppose it's a good paper weight too.....er, what were we discussing again? :blink:

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #2,034 of 12,991
Stop slagging off Apple iPods - they changed the world...I love my iPod touch.......fair enough I don't touch it as much as I used to know I've got my Cowon iaudio 10 with cool jeteffects........er....what the fugg was my point again?......er....well, I can go on the web with it .....and er....make videos with it .....suppose it's a good paper weight too.....er, what were we discussing again?
blink.gif

I've seen an android based set-up a sony and a Cowon but not yet seen a bass-alicious bass display with an ipod in the chain...unless the bass has burnt through my eardrums and into my brain??

Coulda happened
biggrin.gif

.​

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #2,035 of 12,991
I've seen an android based set-up a sony and a Cowon but not yet seen a bass-alicious bass display with an ipod in the chain...unless the bass has burnt through my eardrums and into my brain??

Coulda happened:D
.​

Sounds like a challenge - but hasn't this already been met by you when you rec'd the audioforge Equalizer app? :)

imagejpg1-108.jpg

So iPod and other DAPS.....are like beats now?...​

why-can-t-be-have-both-o.gif

Maybe it's the future?

And we all live happily ever after - forever! :p

I think I've just simplified yet solved world peace!

& I've not even had breakfast yet! :D

(Hope United Nations check this thread :blink:)

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2,037 of 12,991
Damn....woops!!
I keep forgetting my ipad is an idevice.
Brain...burned by bass

lol :)

But have you seen this new headcan called to Mo-Fi from some USA based manufacturer?

Jude comments it's not a basshead can, but he's talking about the stock signature which he does say is warm and rich, plus it has 50mm drivers - which to me gives it the possibility to be in with a chance of responding well to EQ.

Check it out - as it's a crazy yet to me beautiful design that is a welcome styling form that doesn't conform to the norm :wink:

One to keep an eye on for sure:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/732029/mo-fi-headphones-from-blue-microphones-multi-link-amplified-headphone-goodness-head-fi-tv#post_10828087

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,038 of 12,991

Bass checked it.  44,54,65 (it actually has to 2 series of 3 hits but the main strokes are those 3)​

​

Sounds like a challenge - but hasn't this already been met by you when you rec'd the audioforge Equalizer app?
smily_headphones1.gif

imagejpg1-108.jpg

So iPod and other DAPS.....are like beats now?...​

why-can-t-be-have-both-o.gif

​

We can have both
biggrin.gif

I DO NOT wanna see folks distorting their cans  so I thought I'd share a simple trick/attack.

Put the headphone (SZ or whatever you are using)  on the mic of an idevice and check the beat and then just boost that. Generic slopes are sometimes no good as they may be pushing an area with no musical info.  You can save the slope in the above app though I dunno how many saves you get?

This track is dope but it's low it is not quite low enough or long enough for a good visual.

Sounds damned good though.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #2,039 of 12,991
Bass checked it.  44,54,65 (it actually has to 2 series of 3 hits but the main strokes are those 3)​

We can have both:D

I DO NOT wanna see folks distorting their cans  so I thought I'd share a simple trick/attack.
Put the headphone (SZ or whatever you are using)  on the mic of an idevice and check the beat and then just boost that. Generic slopes are sometimes no good as they may be pushing an area with no musical info.  You can save the slope in the above app though I dunno how many saves you get?

Everything beyond 65Hz is whatever the SZ replays and it sounds pretty damned good. The mids are not hollow on these.

This track is dope but it's low it is not quite low enough or long enough for a good visual.

Sounds damned good though.

OMG - that paper is absolutely firing on full strength - cool visual demo bro - you've got the test off to a fine art for sure :cool:

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #2,040 of 12,991
WE HAVE JUST INTERCEPTED THESE TRANSMISSIONS FROM THE OUTER REGIONS OF EXTREME BASS....
......THEY'RE COMING!.... GOD HELP US ALL!

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/2ccraCqotRg[/VIDEO]​
PREPARE BASS CANNONS FOR EARTHS DEFENCE! JOIN THE MOBILE INFANTRY TODAY -
EXTREME BASS CITIZENSHIP IS GUARANTEED! WANT TO KNOW MORE?

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ZxT3I4S4URo[/VIDEO]​
JOIN EXTREME BASS CLUB TODAY!
YOUR CONTRIBUTION GUARANTEES MEMBERSHIP!
ITS TIME 4 U 2 JOIN THE EXTREME BASS WINNING TEAM!

[COLOR=FF00AA]WE DON'T PLAY - WE DISPLAY - EXTREME BASS 4 THE WIN![/COLOR]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/by3EtpAkVOA[/VIDEO]​
[COLOR=FF00AA]SEPT TOP 10 BASS CANNONS - REDEFINING EPIC
ALL WITH FULL VISUAL BASS DISPLAYS!!!
...COMING VERY SOON...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF00AA]EXTREME BASS CLUB CONTROLS ALL YOUR BASS...[/COLOR]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/0WwPirJ_QiE[/VIDEO]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back