The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #961 of 12,975
I have had alot of top headphones now and the jvc comes out the best. Not just by a little. BY A MILE. These cans blow everything away in the bass compartment, it's just ridiculous. 
Denon d600
ultrasone pro 900
Beats pro
Beats Mixr (i kept these one too)
JVC HA 55x (kept these one for the pad change)
JVC SZ2000 (the kings)

I've you want bass go with the jvc. I dont think anything else can touch these. And the overall sound quality is really good!! the bass doesnt bleed into the rest of the sound. Vocals also come through really good even though the bass is thundering in the background

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #962 of 12,975
I've ran into the same exact problem with mine that I recently purchased.  So I have decided to sell them. I tried a leather pad and the mid bass seemed a little better probably due to the isolation increase compared to the velour pads, they just cant handle the extreme volumes like I like to listen to.  So im still on the hunt for the ultimate Cans that fit my needs and wants. until then ill continue to enjoy my XB700's  

Man, I'm sorry to hear that - I thought you'd found your answer in the Pro 900's, but never mind schiit happens :)

Sig DJ's are calling you methinks :wink: - oh, and apparently the rumours of them being discontinued is not the case - so get saving - the Sig DJ's have 50mm drivers compared to the Pro 900's 40mm :p

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #964 of 12,975
I have had alot of top headphones now and the jvc comes out the best. Not just by a little. BY A MILE. These cans blow everything away in the bass compartment, it's just ridiculous. 
Denon d600
ultrasone pro 900
Beats pro
Beats Mixr (i kept these one too)
JVC HA 55x (kept these one for the pad change)
JVC SZ2000 (the kings)

I've you want bass go with the jvc. I dont think anything else can touch these. And the overall sound quality is really good!! the bass doesnt bleed into the rest of the sound. Vocals also come through really good even though the bass is thundering in the background

How do you like your Denon D600's?

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #965 of 12,975
Man, I'm sorry to hear that - I thought you'd found your answer in the Pro 900's, but never mind schiit happens
smily_headphones1.gif

Sig DJ's are calling you methinks
wink.gif
- oh, and apparently the rumours of them being discontinued is not the case - so get saving - the Sig DJ's have 50mm drivers compared to the Pro 900's 40mm
tongue.gif

I too was hoping that the Pro 900's were the right pick but sadly no
frown.gif
 I may have to give the Sig DJ's a chance, hopefully they will be the all a rounder ive been looking for.  And since I love my bass also I may look into the SZ2000's if they'll give my old XB700's a run for their money.
L3000.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #966 of 12,975
Here's link to recent PocketSmiley post which contains three reviews of the SZ1000 with comparisons to the SZ2000, which may assist your choice
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/765#post_10662374

Thank you.  Yourself and PocketSmiley have encouraged me to go with the 1000's.  A basshead's cans that can play smooth and easy, or hard and heavy.  Off to Amazon now.
dt880smile.png

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #967 of 12,975
Meanwhile...the Extreme Bass Battle Continues - 53mm Style!

......AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-Pro700MK2
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/QEhXAS2Rqb4[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #968 of 12,975
how is the bass compared with the ultrasone sig dj to the jvc ? 
can you also please make a video of those?

Like chalk and cheese.

JVC SZ2000 are like a Nissan Skyline GTR

Whereas the Sig DJ are like a Mercedes Mclaren

The SZ2000 EQ a harder bass slam, but the Sig DJ controls the bass into a punchy defined texture that doesn't encroach into the mids and highs, giving a true basshead audiophile refined sound that actually sounds nearly as good plugged directly into source DAP without any amp than with.

But if you're looking for a harder bass slam than your SZ2000's in the Sig DJ's, you won't find it.

I will get around to doing a new Sig DJ bass/paper test using Cowon settings paired with Fiio E17 shortly, but here's a video I did using iPod Touch with Fiio E17 amp not too long ago.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/nNzRKccPnuQ[/VIDEO]​

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #969 of 12,975
do they distort or whats that sound?
i did not keep all thoses headphones so i dont have the d600 anymore, but i was really not impressed by those. overall sound quality was good, but not for my music taste

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #970 of 12,975
do they distort or whats that sound?
i did not keep all thoses headphones so i dont have the d600 anymore, but i was really not impressed by those. overall sound quality was good, but not for my music taste

I think I know the sound you are talking of that cuts in now and then - I had these EQ to the extreme and maybe a tad too much to cause occasional rattle of driver :confused_face:

But don't worry - no harm was done :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #971 of 12,975
SHOCKER! - Sig DJ's respond poorly to bass/paper test!

ULTRASONE Signature DJ
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/3dYk1frSPgo[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Notes: after nearly an hour of trying to find a sweet spot for the paper to rest, the above was the best I could get!

Is it the S-Logic with offset drivers at cause?

Cans aren't damaged in any way, so I've no idea why the bass/paper test just doesn't seem to work anywhere near other cans including smaller 40mm driver types? This is the only can not to respond stronger to Cowon + E12 set up and is no different from original iPod touch + E17 test...

Principle: Dynamic / Closed
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Driver: 50 mm Mylar
Magnet: NdFeB
Frequency range: 5 - 32.000 Hz
SPL: 115 dB

WHAT?

THE?

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzf2kCb0tA#t=88[/VIDEO] FUGG?

Cheesy PR videos like above aside - the Sig DJ's are exceptionally good - but are an anomaly to the bass/paper test - something just doesn't equate here, an X-File....

...can science come up with an answer, or is this an omen that precedes armageddon, the end of the world?

The end is nigh, 50mm drivers may not save our souls?

I'm off to sit down with a bottle of Jack Daniels until someone can provide an explanation to this abomination - the world just doesn't make sense anymore...why?....why?...

iqwlxd.gif
e7fnnt.gif

Extreme headcan bass testing Sig DJ's drove me to drink...
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/SaeLKhRnkhQ[/VIDEO]
imagejpg1-25.jpg

HBB, gelocks, PocketSmiley, anybody - make things all better again :blink: :popcorn: else, you can stop the world, I want to get off :D

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #972 of 12,975
S-LOGIC™ does not only create a Natural Surround Sound sensation, it simultaneously allows a reduction of sound pressure levels to the eardrum by up to 40% (3 - 4 dB). This can reduce the risk of hearing damage while ensuring hours of fatigue-free listening.

It's in the design for your listening safety. I always thought these hit nicely in the upper bass region. Sub bass less so.  I took them off the list once (despite being the sexiest cans ever) because they struggled holding the lowest notes. I think the 50mm (which is small too)
wink.gif
 is being intentionally tamed for the listeners benefit?

They still look supreme and sound delicious and...AND...they care about you're hearing....that's a lot of *win.

I smell a Ultrasone being stared down by A Black death........."you're in my spot bro"
very_evil_smiley.gif

*Paper test not included in the win

O.K.,
That guy just flat out creeps me out  Aryan member? Illuminati? 
The 2nd dudes hand motion are odd...maybe I think too much.....I'm kinda scared of ultrasone now
frown.gif

New World Order....brought to you by      THAT GUY!!!

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #973 of 12,975
 It's in the design for your listening safety. I always thought these hit nicely in the upper bass region. Sub bass less so.  I took them off the list once (despite being the sexiest cans ever) because they struggled holding the lowest notes. I think the 50mm (which is small too):wink:  is being intentionally tamed for the listeners benefit?

They still look supreme and sound delicious and...AND...they care about you're hearing....that's a lot of [COLOR=FF0000]*[/COLOR]win.

I smell a Ultrasone being stared down by A Black death........."you're in my spot bro":veryevil:

[COLOR=FF0000]*Paper test not included in the win[/COLOR]

O.K.,
That guy just flat out creeps me out  Aryan member? Illuminati? 
The 2nd dudes hand motion are odd...maybe I think too much.....I'm kinda scared of ultrasone now:frowning2:

New World Order....brought to you by      THAT GUY!!!

I knew that...

...*COUGH*...kinda....:xf_eek:

This is the guy that creeps out the most - his arms look like their being moved by the blonde illuminati dude from above with strings like a puppeteer, then he packs him back into a suitcase and in basement of ULTRASONE factory for when he's needed again :D

Apart from illuminati guy and living in a suitcase his only other buddy is this guy below v :D who coincidentally also works at ULTRASONE factory making S-Logic drivers :p

Maybe ULTRASONE should ditch their in-house creepy dudes PR videos and use a more down to earth type like below? :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/c8Ai6Vf6H4w[/VIDEO]​

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #975 of 12,975
100% Honest...they both un nerved me.....kinda  ....what tha....???
eek.gif
  Get off the video your scaring folks!! ...it's headphones....smile

Stoner

aryan

Scary director of whatever aryan dude has up his sleeves.

I would absolutely trust Mr Stoned out of his mind guy before the other 2.

Let me say congrats on the 700mk2 vid....that plus the Sones

I can see you walking to the furthest corner of the room mumbling to yourself....reaching the opposite side of the room, turning around and screaming....screaming at headphones:

I own YOU!!...YOU do not own me!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back