The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #901 of 12,975
  Goofy question.  How badly to these cans, specifically the SZ-1000's leak sound?  I've already got the Fiio E17 and iPod dock cable coming, next paycheck is the SZ-1000s, but I wanted to know.  Right now, my UE6000's leak kind of bad, but it's passable, especially on a plane, but for use around the house, how bad is the leakage?

I personally think they leak a lot because my co-worker in front of me was telling me it was loud and she's a good 3 - 6 feet from me! LOL (I work in a cubicle environment...) Not sure if different pads will do better with isolation and leakage control (very probably). I still don't have my spare Alpha Pads with me so can't test this. But definitely these are not the best isolating/leak-free headphones I've had...

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #903 of 12,975
I guess it depends on the environment. My office at times can be dead silent... :)
I'll try to do a more definitive test.

Jul 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #905 of 12,975
[COLOR=FF0000]Vibe BLACKDEATH[/COLOR]​
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XQfGe3fR55g[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend: ​
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #907 of 12,975
[COLOR=FF0000]Monster Beats DETOX Pro[/COLOR]​
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ue-hwsw9RFw[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

IMG_3984.png

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #908 of 12,975
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
Beats Mixr v.s. Vibe BLACK DEATH
 ​
 ​

Vibe BLACKDEATH

Test Conditions

Go!!​

Beats Mixr

Source: Fiio e17 +10bass -2treble + these eq settings: http://grab.by/yeZM

Beats Mixr....YOU LOSE!!!
 ​

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #909 of 12,975
Notes:

The Beats mixr are 40mm drivers. 
While the 50mm drivers makes the paper "wave" at the camera the Mixr do not display low energy nearly as much.

Does it have bass? loud bass? Watch this 40mm for 15 seconds. Yes...big bass...almost NO impact

2nd note.
From the Mixr vid around 1:25 the user was slowly pushing the pinch point up and down and the paper went up and down. Not on purpose but it bothers the pure bass display.

Important note.

I Think cb3723 is wearing Mixr in his avatar. Nobody in Basshead trashes Beats...quite the opposite...QUITE the opposite. However bass impac/Extreme bass is the thing here. The Mixr might match you but they are not head thumping cannons. I actually think the Beats Pro thump the head better than the Mixr. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #910 of 12,975
o of the beats mixr and I cant believe what I hear from these headphones. The bass is insane, the vibrations these give is sensational. Much better than the pro's, its not even a competition vs the pro. Its really hard to capture on video because they are way smaller and the clamp on these phones gives too much pressure on the paper so I had to keep holding one end of the headphone.
The best angle I get is on 1.40 min and they you see some good paper movement :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUOFnPdu7o&list=UU9T72r8fGgGYuXuDzEC-x8w

Source: Fiio e17 +10bass -2treble + these eq settings: http://grab.by/yeZM

Dude - reason you appear to be getting better paper vibration with your new mixr cans over all your other cans tested including your SZ2000's is because you are manually holding the cans - and you don't recognise this and then start slagging off beats pro cans?

M8, as much as I appreciate your contribution to taking the time to put up test videos - to make such outlandish claims over your mixr cans on a test where you are physically holding the cans is flawed and not an accurate representation of the bass test.

You have given more gushing praise to your mixr beats for bass than your SZ2000!

I've commented further on the SZ2000 thread where you remark of getting rid of your SZ2000 in favour of your mixr's being just as good if not better for bass. I'm glad for you to enjoy the mixr beats - I love them, but it's just inaccurate to say the mixr beats deliver the same kind of bass response as the SZ2000, based off a flawed bass test video you seem to believe in like you've got magical mixr's covered in bass fairy dust :D

Hey, I'm only joking there but I hope you understand my point and I only make this point because you are a brother of extreme bass which counts to be honest with you in my opinions :wink:

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #913 of 12,975
Damn RIP cb3723s Mad Dogs. Jesus, how blown out are they from that test? 

The other thing I was also really considering that looks very promising is this oldie, but goodie. It's a vintage classic and what little information there is on it says that it is pretty much akin to strapping subs to your ears in terms of air moved. The drivers are cone based speaker sets that measure in at 3.5in (that's 89mm!). So, if we are really trying to find the best bass canons I think I'm going to try to nab one up on eBay to test out (they aren't very expensive at all). I can't really imagine 89mm drivers to not be amazing. I'll report back when I have them. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #914 of 12,975
  Damn RIP cb3723s Mad Dogs. Jesus, how blown out are they from that test? 

The other thing I was also really considering that looks very promising is this oldie, but goodie. It's a vintage classic and what little information there is on it says that it is pretty much akin to strapping subs to your ears in terms of air moved. The drivers are cone based speaker sets that measure in at 3.5in (that's 89mm!). So, if we are really trying to find the best bass canons I think I'm going to try to nab one up on eBay to test out (they aren't very expensive at all). I can't really imagine 89mm drivers to not be amazing. I'll report back when I have them. 

The Mad Dogs aren't mine.

They belong to another member who's name must be kept confidential to protect the innocent.....

Who am I kidding - they belong to kilspeed111 - I just re-uploaded his video onto the extreme bass club YT account for posterity 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #915 of 12,975
[COLOR=FF0000]Beats Neon Mixr[/COLOR]​
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/AZK5EO51rMk[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Recommend:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back