The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 1, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #886 of 12,975
  Ok today i received my second and third pair of headphones. The 55x for the pads and the beats pro
I'm not sure of the 55x pads give extra bass to the sz2000... and for the beats pro. I'm still testing, but they can hit as hard as the sz2000 at normal listening levels

Cowon volume 34, BBE +8 Mach3bass +9 is normal for me.

Can you take a vid of your pro's hitting as hard as the sz2000 with the 55x pads please.
I was unable to cause head thumping with my beats. They are loud bass like the SMS but they don't have the same impact. Not very close actually. If you can show us otherwise please do.
Videos are held in very high regard here.

Thanks.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #889 of 12,975
ok made 2 vids, im uploading them to yt. My kid makes alot of noise in the background, but you see the paper moving and thats what counts.
The beats pro bass is really nice, but I like the jvc more in overall sound. When playing at louder volume the beats pro pierce your ears with harsch sound. The jvc does nog have this problem.
Tomorrow i will be getting the beats mixr and the ultrasone pro 900 also :p

Ok here is the beats pro vs the sz2000 (the first minute my kid really makes alot of noise sorry)

Source: Fiio e17 +10bass -2treble + these eq settings: http://grab.by/yeZM

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #891 of 12,975
  ok made 2 vids, im uploading them to yt. My kid makes alot of noise in the background, but you see the paper moving and thats what counts.
The beats pro bass is really nice, but I like the jvc more in overall sound. When playing at louder volume the beats pro pierce your ears with harsch sound. The jvc does nog have this problem.
Tomorrow i will be getting the beats mixr and the ultrasone pro 900 also :p

Ok here is the beats pro vs the sz2000 (the first minute my kid really makes alot of noise sorry)

Bro..#1

Thank You

I couldn't hear the music coming out of the sz2000 at all.
I could hear the auto factory behind you
wink.gif
...but not the cans.

This was my result with the same song and 1/2 an A4 Cowon v 34 BBE+8 Mach3Bass +9

Different.

Sub bass boosting maybe?

What are your settings?

Again...awesome!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #892 of 12,975
The difference in the video's looks big, but on the ears its not that noticeable 

Cool videos bro :cool: but I nearly Schiit myself on the second video when your mobile or something went off :D

I particularly like your moving angle beats pro video style directing - one I use all the time, mainly because I keep thinking a better angle can be found to showcase the test better - lol :D

But, top banana for sure - you captured some good vibrations, nice visuals :wink:

And now we have a beats pro LLC video to go up against my soon to be made Monster Beats Detox - and you can expect these two gladiators are gonna be fighting to the bitter death - a real bass can grudge match in the making - extreme bass club members get VIP ring side tickets and free drinks :D

IMG_3984.png

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #893 of 12,975
Cool videos bro
cool.gif
but I nearly Schiit myself on the second video when your mobile or something went off
biggrin.gif

I particularly like your moving angle beats pro video style directing - one I use all the time, mainly because I keep thinking a better angle can be found to showcase the test better - lol
biggrin.gif

But, top banana for sure - you captured some good vibrations, nice visuals
wink.gif

And now we have a beats pro LLC video to go up against my soon to be made Monster Beats Detox - and you can expect these two gladiators are gonna be fighting to the bitter death - a real bass can grudge match in the making - extreme bass club members get VIP ring side tickets and free drinks
biggrin.gif

​
 ​

LOVE THE LOGO!!!!!!!
 ​

A Battle between 2 versions of Beats Pro!! Only on Extreme Bass Club!!

@hummel

Please do another video when you can.
Cut out the background noise and a solid/ semi solid colored background would best display the low frequency energy displayed via the paper.

Battle of the Beats
beerchug.gif

Example Layout. Video centered and settings given under video

TITAN "Xtreme Xplosive" (77x)
 ​
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used
No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend: ​
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

The Arena awaits you !!
 ​

And a friendly reminder.....

If you come in here flapping your jaws about your cans but can't be bothered to take a vid and share..... please know it is noted and the amount of respect you receive beyond basic forum courtesy....is relative to your effort.
Hummel had a kid destroying the house while he did 2 vids. 
He gets respect.  This might be an internet forum but lazy in here is the same as lazy out there. It's not impressive and doesn't get you much.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #894 of 12,975
Quick Question if you don't mind. I was wondering or wanting your impression on which set of cans you think can handle the most extreme volume without distortion? Within or around the top ten extreme bass list that is.   Thank you

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #896 of 12,975
Hey guys, I have been off for awhile and ended up finding why my cans distorted at full volume. My cord was piece of junk. Ended up shorting out. Replaced it with a Belkin Mix it Aux cable. Now I can listen to my cans at full volume without distortion. The overall sound is a lot cleaner and the vocals are more distinguished. How can cord quality affect the sound so much?

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #897 of 12,975
Hey guys, I have been off for awhile and ended up finding why my cans distorted at full volume. My cord was piece of junk. Ended up shorting out. Replaced it with a Belkin Mix it Aux cable. Now I can listen to my cans at full volume without distortion. The overall sound is a lot cleaner and the vocals are more distinguished. How can cord quality affect the sound so much?
some cords are just junk. Usually it doesn't affect the sound dramatically... I guess your cord was just garbage. Anywho, take video! :D

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #898 of 12,975
I think all of us who have taken videos should edit the gladiators extreme bass club logo onto our profile pics... You know. As a reward for contribution, you get the warm fuzzy feeling of having a bassthirsty gladiator that people can see on the corner or something of your profile pic for contributing. :D

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #899 of 12,975
Goofy question.  How badly to these cans, specifically the SZ-1000's leak sound?  I've already got the Fiio E17 and iPod dock cable coming, next paycheck is the SZ-1000s, but I wanted to know.  Right now, my UE6000's leak kind of bad, but it's passable, especially on a plane, but for use around the house, how bad is the leakage?

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #900 of 12,975
o of the beats mixr and I cant believe what I hear from these headphones. The bass is insane, the vibrations these give is sensational. Much better than the pro's, its not even a competition vs the pro. Its really hard to capture on video because they are way smaller and the clamp on these phones gives too much pressure on the paper so I had to keep holding one end of the headphone.
The best angle I get is on 1.40 min and they you see some good paper movement :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUOFnPdu7o&list=UU9T72r8fGgGYuXuDzEC-x8w

Source: Fiio e17 +10bass -2treble + these eq settings: http://grab.by/yeZM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back