The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #12,347 of 12,992
This is quickly becoming a favorite forum up there with Bimmerpost, you guys are helpful and welcoming
For a more Audiophile sound. Plug in audio. Turn down the 100 to 200 Hz mid bass frequency a couple of db's. This will keep the bass from bleeding into the mids and they become more detailed with a flatter Frequency response. You will still retain great Sub-Bass.
Enjoy 😀

Jun 28, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #12,348 of 12,992
This is quickly becoming a favorite forum up there with Bimmerpost, you guys are helpful and welcoming
If you're new here, it's worth pointing out that the OP was banned some time ago and thus the original post hasn't been and can't be updated since. So the headphones on that list are still good, but there are more discoveries since its last update that are worthy of being added but can't be.

Jul 3, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #12,349 of 12,992
I just compared the Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition to my Sony XM3 noise cancelling headphones, with the bass frequencies maxed out on Spotify’s equalizer (albeit with a stacking effect for the XM3 from equalizers in the Sony app).

The amount of bass is very similar, basically indistinguishable. Am I missing something? I was looking for something next level, that really vibrates your ears lol, like car subwoofers for your head. Both of these headphones are *on the verge of* vibrating your ears but falls just short of that. It’s more of a faint tickle. I’m using physical sensation as a proxy for amount of bass - I know that’s not perfect but it works well enough as a measure.

The plan is to return the crossfades and eventually get one of the more ridiculous headphones that pass the paper test. I’m glad I tried the Crossfades though. They have great sound quality and look nice.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #12,350 of 12,992
I just compared the Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition to my Sony XM3 noise cancelling headphones, with the bass frequencies maxed out on Spotify’s equalizer (albeit with a stacking effect for the XM3 from equalizers in the Sony app).

The amount of bass is very similar, basically indistinguishable. Am I missing something? I was looking for something next level, that really vibrates your ears lol, like car subwoofers for your head. Both of these headphones are *on the verge of* vibrating your ears but falls just short of that. It’s more of a faint tickle. I’m using physical sensation as a proxy for amount of bass - I know that’s not perfect but it works well enough as a measure.

The plan is to return the crossfades and eventually get one of the more ridiculous headphones that pass the paper test. I’m glad I tried the Crossfades though. They have great sound quality and look nice.
Maybe you should give them a little time to break in. There is a difference between hard hitting and extreme sub bass. I don't know if you can have both at the same time. Good luck with your search. Spotify is not Hi-Resolution. This could be a limiting factor.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #12,351 of 12,992

7a9p1bx9hj981.jpg

Here you go. Try this :gs1000smile:

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #12,355 of 12,992
Jul 5, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #12,356 of 12,992
I grew up (mis)spending a lot of my youth in Fabric, at several points considered the world's best nightclub, with a particular need to satisfy my penchant for bass, and can say that I reached my headphone endgame in the TH900. It's the only can that's come anywhere close to replicating the deep, full, meaty low frequencies of the club environment.

I'm honestly rather astounded by those who thought the bass on these is anything other than sensational.

Edit: for reference on my bass tastes, I'll quote Wikipedia on Fabric's sound system.

"A feature of the club is its vibrating floor in Room One: known as a "bodysonic" dancefloor, sections of the floor are attached to 400 bass transducers emitting bass frequencies of the music being played."
I agree. They’re my favorite, but I find that they need EQ’ing to maximize bass performance. I’ve tried a few different pads, but they adversely affect the bass. Have you had any success w/pads?

Jul 6, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #12,358 of 12,992
I agree. They’re my favorite, but I find that they need EQ’ing to maximize bass performance. I’ve tried a few different pads, but they adversely affect the bass. Have you had any success w/pads?
They are one of my fav closed.

Here's my experience with th900, if u want more mid forward/quantity and and slightly reduce bass (the impact still the same though), i suggest try th610 pads on them, the negative effect is i felt it become less comfortable than stock default one, but if u want reduce bass a lot and want neutral to warmer presentation and less treble and the most comfortable one out there, you can try yaxi alcantara, defintely much better comfort than stock one for me.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #12,360 of 12,992
They are one of my fav closed.

Here's my experience with th900, if u want more mid forward/quantity and and slightly reduce bass (the impact still the same though), i suggest try th610 pads on them, the negative effect is i felt it become less comfortable than stock default one, but if u want reduce bass a lot and want neutral to warmer presentation and less treble and the most comfortable one out there, you can try yaxi alcantara, defintely much better comfort than stock one for me.
Thanks… I have the TH610 pads and the Dekoni Sheepskin, but don’t like either as they reduce bass, which I don’t want. I like the sound signature, but want to improve comfort. I think I’m going to try the ZMF Eikon pads next. Thanks for the Yaxi recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back