The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #11,658 of 12,992
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is right place for this but I know a lot of you guys are using this setup.

Just got my SMSL SP200 and M200 in. Something is up. No bass, very tinny, and I am "hearing double" if that makes sense. Its like the track is playing twice with one about 2 sec behind the other. Got the driver installed for the DAC and tried both XLR and RCA to no avail. Anyone else had an issue like this? New to this high end equipment so hoping I'm doing something wrong.

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #11,659 of 12,992
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is right place for this but I know a lot of you guys are using this setup.

Just got my SMSL SP200 and M200 in. Something is up. No bass, very tinny, and I am "hearing double" if that makes sense. Its like the track is playing twice with one about 2 sec behind the other. Got the driver installed for the DAC and tried both XLR and RCA to no avail. Anyone else had an issue like this? New to this high end equipment so hoping I'm doing something wrong.

Can you check all the plugs including the headphones are inserted properly and no software EQ leading to the reverb is on?

Also are the cable connections on the headphones correctly inserted or not?

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #11,660 of 12,992
Can you check all the plugs including the headphones are inserted properly and no software EQ leading to the reverb is on?

Also are the cable connections on the headphones correctly inserted or not?

Ah man I feel like an idiot. Seems like its the headphones connection. Didnt have an issue with this 1/4" adapter before but its like the headphones feel really loose inside of it. I adjusted it a little and the sound is better but there is like a constant buzzing sound. Just put in an order for a new adapter so hopefully that will clear it up. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #11,661 of 12,992
Ah man I feel like an idiot. Seems like its the headphones connection. Didnt have an issue with this 1/4" adapter before but its like the headphones feel really loose inside of it. I adjusted it a little and the sound is better but there is like a constant buzzing sound. Just put in an order for a new adapter so hopefully that will clear it up. Thanks.

Yes, your description had me quite baffled as to what was going on, because I most certainly have not had that issue, and haven't known anyone on here who had that issue either. Looks like it was just an improper headphone connection. Some adapters don't allow connectors to get all the way in properly, just depends on how they were designed. Glad there was a resolution though, and you will be happy with some delicious sound soon.

Buzzing sounds are most certainly caused by ground fault situations. And if the connector can't make full proper contact, you will get the buzz. Once its all resolved, it would be great if you could come back, and let us all know how much you enjoy your new S.M.S.L combo :L3000:

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #11,663 of 12,992
Nov 8, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #11,664 of 12,992
Oops

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #11,666 of 12,992
OOPS is what you say, when the sound of your headphones, sound so freaking good, that you've had a wet experience.
:p

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #11,667 of 12,992
yesterday i demoed the meze, emphrean cans

wow!

loads of bass. $3k price tag.
Good bass? Yeah. It has well-textured lows, with good layering. It sounds a little mushy, though.

But a lot of bass? Nah, I don't think so. :wink:

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #11,668 of 12,992
誰 も 彼 も が 完 璧 な キ ス の 方 法 は 知 ら な い は ず だ よ 。

Translation: No one knows the perfect kissing method for him.

究極の低音は私の本当の愛です。 低音は私が必要とするすべてであり、私が人生で望むすべてです。

Translation: The ultimate bass is my true love. Bass is everything I need and everything I want in life.

:L3000:

Nov 16, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #11,669 of 12,992
Yes, your description had me quite baffled as to what was going on, because I most certainly have not had that issue, and haven't known anyone on here who had that issue either. Looks like it was just an improper headphone connection. Some adapters don't allow connectors to get all the way in properly, just depends on how they were designed. Glad there was a resolution though, and you will be happy with some delicious sound soon.

Buzzing sounds are most certainly caused by ground fault situations. And if the connector can't make full proper contact, you will get the buzz. Once its all resolved, it would be great if you could come back, and let us all know how much you enjoy your new S.M.S.L combo :L3000:

Alright I finally got it squared away after 3 different adapters. Sound has DEFINITELY improved. The amp was a game changer. Sound has definitely opened up and a lot less muddy than the old external card I was using. Love it!

That said, its definitely a flatter profile. Everything is crisp as can be, but I think I can push the bass more. Before I drop another $200 on the Loki, I tried poking around for a software EQ. For some reason none of them seem to work with the DAC drivers. I am also missing the enhancement tab in the speaker settings in Windows. The hardware option is fool proof, but any of you have a software EQ that is confirmed to work with the SMSL M200? I did see the sound color option on the DAC but I'm still craving more BASS.

Nov 16, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #11,670 of 12,992
Alright I finally got it squared away after 3 different adapters. Sound has DEFINITELY improved. The amp was a game changer. Sound has definitely opened up and a lot less muddy than the old external card I was using. Love it!

That said, its definitely a flatter profile. Everything is crisp as can be, but I think I can push the bass more. Before I drop another $200 on the Loki, I tried poking around for a software EQ. For some reason none of them seem to work with the DAC drivers. I am also missing the enhancement tab in the speaker settings in Windows. The hardware option is fool proof, but any of you have a software EQ that is confirmed to work with the SMSL M200? I did see the sound color option on the DAC but I'm still craving more BASS.

Equalizer APO is free, and I can't see why it wouldn't work with your M200. It's what I use, and it's worked with every DAC I've ever had. Was APO one you tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back