The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 15, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #10,456 of 12,992
Step 1: Go to the Original Post located HERE. That list was assembled from OP and others trying out a massive amount of headphones for bass and isn't a guide to just some bassy headphones, it's the definitive list of head pounders.

Step 2: Pick one of the top 5 headphones that interest you and buy it.

Step 3: Have an amp capable of putting some decent juice through your new headphones.

Step 4: Do NOT be afraid of EQ, you will need it to get to the level of bass you're asking for as well as bring mids up to your liking. I have the JVC HA-SZ2000 (#1 on the list) and I have no problems listening to any type of music on them because they are some of the most responsive to EQ I've owned.

Hope that helps.

So the SZ2000 can work for just about anything? Even music with almost all
Mids/highs?
Could I still power it with my phone and such if I wanted to use it on campus? If so, the price and bass on those look amazing!

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #10,457 of 12,992
Mids/highs?
Could I still power it with my phone and such if I wanted to use it on campus? If so, the price and bass on those look amazing!
You need an amp to get powerful bass from these, they sounded fairly average from my Samsung s8+, but add in something with balls and you'll get head slamming bass.

Low cost : Cayin c5
What I used personally : Oppo HA-2

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #10,458 of 12,992
Mids/highs?

I listen to all different types of music through my JVC's (with EQ). But as @ReaperZzZ said above, you will need an amp to get the deep bass. And his recommendation of the Cayin C5 is a good call, it's a great portable amp with gain settings and a bass boost switch. Also, the audio player app called Neutron is great for phones and tablets because of its ability to play any file type and it's built in parametric EQ.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #10,460 of 12,992
You need an amp to get powerful bass from these, they sounded fairly average from my Samsung s8+, but add in something with balls and you'll get head slamming bass.

Low cost : Cayin c5
What I used personally : Oppo HA-2

Still fairly bassy with a phone though? I mean comparable to other headphones plugged into a phone. I live a fairly hectic lifestyle so I’m mobile quite often. And are they comfortable enough for mobility?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #10,463 of 12,992
Still fairly bassy with a phone though? I mean comparable to other headphones plugged into a phone. I live a fairly hectic lifestyle so I’m mobile quite often. And are they comfortable enough for mobility?

Without amp, sure they're bassy.. But you're lacking like 80% of their potential without using an amp mate. You know the Cayin c5 is portable too right? Just strap it to your phone.

They're heavy, but comfortable :) I used to wear them every day, they have a firm clamping pressure which is good due to the weight.

The most cavernous, hardest hitting bass I ever heard was from the RBH Sound HP-2 fed out of a Vorzüge Vorzamp Duo II. Literally a subwoofer on your head.

You should try the SZ2000's, they're the same :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #10,464 of 12,992
Without amp, sure they're bassy.. But you're lacking like 80% of their potential without using an amp mate. You know the Cayin c5 is portable too right? Just strap it to your phone.

They're heavy, but comfortable :) I used to wear them every day, they have a firm clamping pressure which is good due to the weight.

I had the SZ’s. Oh they pound! I sold them though since I wasn’t using them.

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #10,465 of 12,992

Weight has never bothered me so that's good to hear!

And no, I did not. Looks like the SZ-2000 with an amp might be my best bet. Just out of curiosity, I saw some on Ebay being shipped from Japan. Is that a decent place to grab a pair, or should they really be purchased domestically/not from ebay? Not sure if they're counterfeited often in other countries or not.

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #10,466 of 12,992
i got the zishan z3 and its horrendous. turn up the bass maybe 75% and its distorts like crazy.

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #10,468 of 12,992
Hey guys! An unfortunate financial forecast is making me sell some of my headphones and assorted head-fi paraphernalia. To my great regret the JVC 2000s are among the losses. I have not sold anything in the market on this site, so I am over at the E of bays, user ID japx63. I am going to miss them (for now - I plan on ultimately getting another pair as they are so addictive!). Cheers!
IMG_2972.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #10,469 of 12,992
Hey guys! An unfortunate financial forecast is making me sell some of my headphones and assorted head-fi paraphernalia. To my great regret the JVCs are among the losses. I have not sold anything in the market on this site, so I am over at the E of bays, user ID japx63. I am going to miss them (for now - I plan on ultimately getting another pair as they are so addictive!). Cheers!

Hey, your ad on ebay lists the JVC as the HA-SZ1000, but your box says HA-SZ2000. If they are the 2000, you might want to edit the sale, as they will probably sell better. Just a heads up, GLWS.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #10,470 of 12,992
Hey, your ad on ebay lists the JVC as the HA-SZ1000, but your box says HA-SZ2000. If they are the 2000, you might want to edit the sale, as they will probably sell better. Just a heads up, GLWS.

Well dag nabbit - you are correct! That's what I get for letting the 'puter fill out the info for me. Corrected and updated - thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back