The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #9,646 of 12,992
I've been using the DXB-04 for a month now as my traveling primary when I'm sitting and relaxing at some place away from home. I'm really impressed with them and how they respond to EQ and the iFi bass boosts.

Even gotten some compliments and inquiries about them. The two people who tried them were impressed and seemed sold for just $100.

With all the bass rumble and such, I've never heard any headphone rattle or creaking. When listening to music, have you tried hold the cups against your ears? See if the rattle goes away with the extra added stability. If it does, it might be the pivots creaking at the arm or where they connect to the cup.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #9,647 of 12,992
Also, I second the motion of checking out the iFi micro stuff if you are into bass boosts. They also pack some serious power to drive all types of headphones.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #9,649 of 12,992
Jun 26, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #9,652 of 12,992
Are the major differences between the ifi micro iCAN SE and the ifi micro idsd just the DAC?

iCAN = Just Amp
iCAN SE = Amp with more power
iDSD = iCAN SE Amp + DAC
iDSD BL = iCAN SE Amp + DAC + (??)

It'd be nice to get the DAC too, then I wont have to use my fiiO E10K as a DAC..

I guess iDSD would be the way to go then?

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #9,653 of 12,992
Are the major differences between the ifi micro iCAN SE and the ifi micro idsd just the DAC?

iCAN = Just Amp
iCAN SE = Amp with more power
iDSD = iCAN SE Amp + DAC
iDSD BL = iCAN SE Amp + DAC + (??)

It'd be nice to get the DAC too, then I wont have to use my fiiO E10K as a DAC..

I guess iDSD would be the way to go then?

I recommend the iDSD for sure, no need for the separate DAC. As for the changes the Black Label brought over the original iDSD, here you go:

• re-designed output stabilisation
  • OV2627 op-amps upgraded analogue section
  • Panasonic OSCON capacitors loaded power supply
  • OV2028 op-amps loaded DAC power supply
  • DAC voltage decoupling based on audio-grade ECPU film capacitors
  • GMT® Femto precision clock system power supply upgraded
  • 3D and XBass Switches re-designed

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #9,654 of 12,992
Thinking about getting the iDSD BL on sale at adorama after work today to pair with SZ2K and Oppo PM-3 (and some iems). This a good choice? This a dumb question?

I currently have oppo ha-2 and cayin c5, but looking for moar power. thanks!

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #9,655 of 12,992
The iFi micro iDSD BL is ridiculously powerful and feature packed for a portable amp. Because of its long size and non-thin profile, people call it more a transportable since it's too big for a pocket.

If you can leave with it on your desk or in your bag I'd say go for it.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #9,656 of 12,992
That's great. I only listen to over ears at home or office or when traveling so transportable is all I need. This adorama deal is pretty ridiculous if y'all didn't see it.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #9,657 of 12,992
The link you provided shows full price. When Adorama does flash sales like that, their flash sales have a unique link just for the sale price.

A quick search on Slickdeals shows the sale of the iDSD BL at $380. Ya that's just sick. Everyone should just buy and think later.

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #9,658 of 12,992
so yeah, this thing goes hard. Just got back from adorama, had to ask for the internet price but they did it no prob.

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #9,659 of 12,992
The iFi micro iDSD BL is ridiculously powerful and feature packed for a portable amp. Because of its long size and non-thin profile, people call it more a transportable since it's too big for a pocket.

If you can leave with it on your desk or in your bag I'd say go for it.
3 hrs in pocket on various trains, on foot and bus
20170621_130353.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #9,660 of 12,992
Thinking about getting the iDSD BL on sale at adorama after work today to pair with SZ2K and Oppo PM-3 (and some iems). This a good choice? This a dumb question?

I currently have oppo ha-2 and cayin c5, but looking for moar power. thanks!

One of the best paring for the pm-3 that I tried was with the idsd silver. Give it a bigggg slope It lovesss the extra power :) They slam....

that adorama is a deal and if your thinking about it, just jump on it, you'll love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back