The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 1, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #8,701 of 12,991
  I'm probably going to be wrong, but I assume the 77x's level of base is near the same level as the SZ2000's, but the SZ2000's are better as a whole.  Does hip hop include dub/trapstep? 

resonance with the plastic chassis causes a tone out where the bass just turns into a blaring horn. At slam levels everything else is pretty useless. If this is for a kid just getting into bass headphones it is great but if you want more it will not give you more. It does kick hard. I modded mine after the vid (?) and put aluminum tape (thickness of soda can) and it would be #2 on my all time list. 57mm of pure bass.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #8,703 of 12,991
Is the SZ2000 worth the extra money over the SZ1000?  The other option would be waiting a bit for a used TH600 or THX00.

I have a Magni2Uber to make 'em slam (should be plenty of power), just not sure which set I want. :)

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #8,704 of 12,991
  Is the SZ2000 worth the extra money over the SZ1000?  The other option would be waiting a bit for a used TH600 or THX00.

I have a Magni2Uber to make 'em slam (should be plenty of power), just not sure which set I want. :)

I can't speak for the TH600/X00, but between the sz2k and sz1k it's worth spending a bit more if you like clean subbass.  I personally paid 145 for my sz2k, since I don't think a brass ring should cost that much more.  Now when it comes to wooden cups, then yes I would be willing to spend a bit more.
I'm pretty happy with the JVC's as I am finally able to make them sound like my sound system at home.  

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #8,705 of 12,991
The SZs are so far away from everything else that people will declare they're the kings of bass even before properly amped.

On my Chord Mojo, the SZ2000 barely has any bass without EQ.

Without EQ, the Yamaha HPH-MT220 can rattle my head with some bass-heavy tracks at high volume. The SZ2000, on the other hand, can't do anything like that without EQ.

I'm probably going to be wrong, but I assume the 77x's level of base is near the same level as the SZ2000's, but the SZ2000's are better as a whole.  Does hip hop include dub/trapstep? 

If you're referring to the level of bass without EQ, that's irrelevant because you need to boost the bass to extreme levels to get the type of slam this thread is about. If you mean the slam with EQ, then in the first post, the SZ2000 is #1 while the 77X is #7.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #8,707 of 12,991
Do you guys have a top list for best amps for home (pc) use for bassy headphones in perhaps varying price ranges?
The C5 has to wait, not only because I can't afford it atm, but also because they don't sell it here, so I'll have to get it from somewhere and then wait for the shipping.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #8,710 of 12,991
  All them peeps only shipping their used amps to the US and Canada on ebay, it breaks my heart.

Any word on the FiiO E10K? It seems to have a bass switch?

FiiO E12A is probably best dream for a basshead amp. 

Not only the amp is wonderful, but it boasts Muses02 and it has a really nice bass switch.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #8,711 of 12,991

As an owner of sz2000 and thx00,I'd highly recommend waiting for a thx00. Unless you're after insane levels of bass, which isn't particularly sustainable for more than a few minutes at a time, the thx00 will offer a huge sonic improvement that would be well worth the wait/money. Especially if you like a punchy midbass.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #8,712 of 12,991
Do you guys have a top list for best amps for home (pc) use for bassy headphones in perhaps varying price ranges?
The C5 has to wait, not only because I can't afford it atm, but also because they don't sell it here, so I'll have to get it from somewhere and then wait for the shipping.

For $300 and less, I'm absolutely convince that the ifi ican se is the best basshead amp for home use. I have the standard ican, and though it's great, it will give up and shut off before I do with the sz2000. The extra power of the se is definitely needed for extreme bass. Unsustainable for long periods of time though, so I get by just fine without feeling the need to upgrade.

The xbass and 3d switches really bring the jvc's to life without requiring a lot of tinkering with eq and compromising sound quality.

Aside from that, the c5 is really good for the price and it's portable. Pretty much equal to the ican in the bass department.

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #8,713 of 12,991
As an owner of sz2000 and thx00,I'd highly recommend waiting for a thx00. Unless you're after insane levels of bass, which isn't particularly sustainable for more than a few minutes at a time, the thx00 will offer a huge sonic improvement that would be well worth the wait/money. Especially if you like a punchy midbass.

Hmmm 
confused.gif
 I listen to SZ2k at slammin levels for hours at a time and have to make myself take them off eventually to keep my eardrums a little better. Surely there are others too?

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #8,715 of 12,991

On my Chord Mojo, the SZ2000 barely has any bass without EQ.

Without EQ, the Yamaha HPH-MT220 can rattle my head with some bass-heavy tracks at high volume. The SZ2000, on the other hand, can't do anything like that without EQ.

If you're referring to the level of bass without EQ, that's irrelevant because you need to boost the bass to extreme levels to get the type of slam this thread is about. If you mean the slam with EQ, then in the first post, the SZ2000 is #1 while the 77X is #7.

From what I read on the thread is that it can produce so much bass you'd stop before the SZ2000's will.  I also see people claiming that they will rattle off your head, but there's no way I see that happening.  

I know for a fact that I'm not getting what you guys are getting, but I wasn't expecting to as I'm using a PC.  Given that I heard about these 2ks from this thread, I was well aware that using a PC would mean we'd be hearing very different things.  However, if the bass I feel barely moves paper, I can't even imagine what guys are getting.  That's what surprising to me.  

I'm going to read/search the thread for setups that doesn't rely on a pc.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back