The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #6,151 of 12,991
Did any of you guys living in Japan try the Panasonic "DTS Headphone:X" series like RP-HX750s (50mm drivers, fully sealed):

Panasonic RP-HX750-S
http://news.panasonic.com/press/news/official.data/data.dir/2014/05/jn140521-1/jn140521-1.html

Can't really find any talk about them here are head-fi, but they are very inexpensive, just not very easily available outside Japan (afaik).

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #6,152 of 12,991
  Can't find a proper basshead portable, battery powered amp thread (is there one)?

Has anybody tried any of the recent higher-end models like:

iBasso P5 Falcon (Output power (on battery): 300mW @ 16Ω, 380mW @ 32Ω, 100mW @ 300Ω, 60mW @ 600Ω, bass boost: 100Hz +6dB. Gain: 0/+6/+9dB)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/752829/fresh-from-the-oven-ibasso-p5-falcon

ALO Continental Dual Mono (80mW @32Ω, 95mW @50Ω, 75mW @150Ω, 60mW @300Ω). Arf, just found out it's susceptible to EMI noise from phones. Of course, the tubes...
http://www.aloaudio.com/continental-dual-mono

I'd prefer clean, non-edgy, never-harsh, portable power in my pocket. Bass boost is not a must (Viper4android is good enough for that, for now). Driving Westone, Aude Phonak, Shure IEMS and possibly SZ2000, when I finally am able to source them :-D

What do you guys recommend?

No basshead amp thread, yet...

The cayin c5 is rec' a lot around here because its a good amp for the price.

If your wanting to play with the big boys...  iFi iDsd micro and Chord Mojo.  Your using V4A so you good with eqing

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #6,153 of 12,991

Thanks, look forward to hearing responses.

I'm not too keen on headphones, but I loved my xb500s. So far, I've been eyeballing the xb950bt, another pair of xb500s (ebay), or the dt990/770s.

I'm a pretty big basshead, but if I could get some awesome sounding ones (like my car audio? lol) for a decent price (under 200) - I would be sold.

Other ones I have come across are some denon dh 1000s I think the name was?

I know comfort is subjective, but damn, after trying out the xb950bt's (which are comfortable), they come nothing near the air and cushion of my xb500s.

I like the xb950bts, but something seems off about them so far. Sound seems muffled? Not sure, but they aren't too bad nonetheless.

Note: Tons of EDM, tons of rap - and tons of movies. These are main uses - on PC with no amp. Can I still use 250 ohm or do I need an amp or soundcard? I can get one, but not right away - dont the dt's to be non-usable if i get them. Also, how are the bass on these? Anyone? It would be cool to experience something totally different/better than my xb500s; just not sure what ohm I need (for dt770 for dt990)?  And what are benefits/disadvantages of open/closed design - what are xb500s considered?

Do you want to amp?  Are you just looking for bass, or clarity through out with bass?

If you want the kind of bass that we love around here (check videos in  first post)  you need an amp.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #6,154 of 12,991

No basshead amp thread, yet...

The cayin c5 is rec' a lot around here because its a good amp for the price.

If your wanting to play with the big boys...  iFi iDsd micro and Chord Mojo.  Your using V4A so you good with eqing

Thanks, I already have Chord Mojo on the way. Not sure it will have enough oomph in the amp section, but let's see. Of course with IEMs yes. not sure about others. My desktop amp is 11kg pure dual mono driving 700mW (pure class A) into lots of loads. That's enough for most, but even that could be better, as the output impedance is too high and the damping factor not so good due to that. Hopefully I can find enough power in a pocketable form, without sacrificing sound quality. iFi audio is too big (micro iDSD, micro iCAN SE, I mean). It's more like draggable than pocketable, imho.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #6,155 of 12,991
You didn't mention you bought a mojo... eq that an you should be more than set.

Power is most important for bass! No bass without wattage

Don't know the arrows power capabilities but it drives my power hogs great IMO

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #6,156 of 12,991

Thanks, I already have Chord Mojo on the way. Not sure it will have enough oomph in the amp section, but let's see. Of course with IEMs yes. not sure about others. My desktop amp is 11kg pure dual mono driving 700mW (pure class A) into lots of loads. That's enough for most, but even that could be better, as the output impedance is too high and the damping factor not so good due to that. Hopefully I can find enough power in a pocketable form, without sacrificing sound quality. iFi audio is too big (micro iDSD, micro iCAN SE, I mean). It's more like draggable than pocketable, imho.

Theres enough juice in that beast.  We were skeptical of it before, not anymore...  A beast if your looking for hi-end portable.

go to 13:00 to see bass check

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #6,158 of 12,991
I got Ultrasone Edition M today... They can't make the list because they're just on-ear headphones (my small ears barely fit inside the earpads though) but they have very controlled, punchy, impactful bass... I love it. Clarity is amazing as well. The best portable headphone I've ever heard.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #6,160 of 12,991
They have a pretty decent selection of headphones. I was there today, returning my RHA T20. I wish I brought my C5 and my adapter to trick my V10 into auxiliary mode to give the audeze a proper listen. Perhaps tomorrow I will venture back there as I've always wanted to hear the audeze line up.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #6,164 of 12,991
They have the whole LCD line up? If so I'm lugging the Micro with me

I went to the San Francisco store a couple weeks ago and they only had EL-8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back