The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,411 of 12,991
Direct musical enjoyment, TH600. Zero fatigue listening all day, Nighthawk.

Play video games? I make them! I'm a game designer at Blizzard. Frankly, I don't use either for gaming. I mostly use either Sennheiser G4me Zero or HD598 for gaming (the latter if 3D positioning is super important). The music headphones stay on in games only if I'm listening to music a lot while playing.

One more question for you Luckbad. Do you find the TH600 to be comfortable? How is the comfy-ness in relation to the Nighthawks? I ask you because it sounds like you too have larger ears.

PS. Keep help making rocking games for Blizzard :) We all enjoy them.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #4,412 of 12,991
Luckbad Sup with overwatch on Xbox one???? :grin::grin::grin:

Also what's your preferred game hp for comfort and/or bass? I've been really liking my pm-3s when I don't need a mic. I think orthos are underrated for gaming, I'd imagine an open back one would have a great imaging for those footsteps.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,413 of 12,991
One more question for you Luckbad. Do you find the TH600 to be comfortable? How is the comfy-ness in relation to the Nighthawks? I ask you because it sounds like you too have larger ears.

PS. Keep help making rocking games for Blizzard :) We all enjoy them.

For most, they are equivalent comfort level. My tall ears touch on both pads. I have Lawton pads coming for the Fostex that will solve the issue (they are still fairly comfortable even touching). The Nighthawks are still comfy despite touching my ears, and there are no options for getting bigger pads yet... Unless you put some holes in HM5 pleather, which I might consider.

@Infinity Knives
The most comfortable gaming headphone ever is the Sennheiser G4me Zero. For FPS gaming, you'd want open back and a good sound card. I use the 598, but the G4me One should be good. There are other good ones in a thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added

Also, I can't talk about Blizzard stuff, but glad you guys dig our games!

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #4,415 of 12,991
  JVC HA-MR77X has the worst sound i ever heard.

6. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

1st page of this thread.

Plays 1 genre' and has mids that sound like ass.
That's pretty clear.

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #4,417 of 12,991
Sometimes people just don't bother to read properly or use the search button...

I do it myself sometimes
frown.gif

Speaking of V4A

Is that the **** or what??

Live life without V4A?

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #4,418 of 12,991

I do it myself sometimes
frown.gif

Speaking of V4A

Is that the **** or what??

Live life without V4A?

Really miss V4A.  Have given up on it due to compatibility issues with my phone.  Using Noozoxide which is decent (but no V4A).  Having some background nosie/hiss issues.  Thinking about getting a DAC amplifier (Fiio E07k maybe) and using phone USB audio out with a OTG cable.  Any experience with that?

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,420 of 12,991
  Really miss V4A.  Have given up on it due to compatibility issues with my phone.  Using Noozoxide which is decent (but no V4A).  Having some background nosie/hiss issues.  Thinking about getting a DAC amplifier (Fiio E07k maybe) and using phone USB audio out with a OTG cable.  Any experience with that?

I am on the hunt (patiently) for a dac/amp with a small footprint and high power for over ears. IEM is set but for overears I need more power.

My FiiO X5 and FiiO e12 are both battery dead from lack of use. That's like $500 bucks of paperweight.
frown.gif

Googled it

The size and power seem reasonable but I don't need the Bass/Treble.  Maybe somebody is running this rig and can pipe in

Where are all those settings for different headphones? Frick, I gotta convert my main phone now. My S3 has mysteriously disappeared into my toddler's magic storage facility.

It should be in there like in the vid unless you have an older version. Pretty sure Joebloggs from FiiO created a lot of those profiles.

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #4,421 of 12,991

I am on the hunt (patiently) for a dac/amp with a small footprint and high power for over ears. IEM is set but for overears I need more power.

My FiiO X5 and FiiO e12 are both battery dead from lack of use. That's like $500 bucks of paperweight.
frown.gif

Googled it

The size and power seem reasonable but I don't need the Bass/Treble.  Maybe somebody is running this rig and can pipe in

It should be in there like in the vid unless you have an older version. Pretty sure Joebloggs from FiiO created a lot of those profiles.

I have a VorzAMP duo incoming for testing (it is targeted at IEMs but apparently can drive lower impedance full size very hard). It allegedly has excellent bass boost.

I also was going to have an iCAN Micro on the way, but I think they have something cooking and I'm waiting on trying any of their stuff out. But, 20dB bass boost!?!?!

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,423 of 12,991
So, I listen to mostly Hip-Hop these days but still listen to a little bit of everything. I want a pair of headphones with extreme bass but I don't want it to get so overpowering that the mids and highs sound like ass. Is there something that is right there in the perfect zone? 

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #4,424 of 12,991
  So, I listen to mostly Hip-Hop these days but still listen to a little bit of everything. I want a pair of headphones with extreme bass but I don't want it to get so overpowering that the mids and highs sound like ass. Is there something that is right there in the perfect zone? 

Yes, but give us a price range and intended use (amp or no amp, EQ or no EQ, portable or not portable, etc.) or we'll tell you to go buy a $1300 pair of headphones.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #4,425 of 12,991

Yes, but give us a price range and intended use (amp or no amp, EQ or no EQ, portable or not portable, etc.) or we'll tell you to go buy a $1300 pair of headphones.

I don't really care if they are portable. I don't like to use an EQ if I don't have to. I don't currently use an amp, but I've been meaning to look more into that as well. If you have any recommendations on amps as I'd love the hear them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back