The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Mar 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #3,752 of 12,991
  The  55x-s have such hard hitting bass with good clarity when paired with the e6. I can't imagine the bass the HAsz2000 produces.

I was wearing Beats when I heard the 55x and saw the price...and heard the bass again.....like I said it was the start of my journey.....the list...the videos the hunt.

It all started with those cans. I got flamed...they blew out...but they started all this.
a thread with 220,000 views
 A YT channel with 100,000 views

Began around the day I took this pic.

Enjoy.
It's a drug.....the bass

You're gonna need more someday...enjoy the journey

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #3,754 of 12,991
I love Spring Break, Just modded the xx77's. Wow, The entire inside was covered in dynamat including a ring around the driver.  Cushion stuffing inside the dynamatted cups.  I added a foam insert from my bike helmet under the headband, again dynamat made it stick.  This is now a very resolving and detailed headphone that rattles the skull.
One thing that I have noticed in my exploration of headphone guts.  The wires they use are incredibly thin.  It just makes no sense in spending tons of money on cables when that same signal passes through such tiny and cheap conductors. 
Just ordered the ma900 based on an excellent you tube review done by our Cornish.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #3,755 of 12,991
  I love Spring Break, Just modded the xx77's. Wow, The entire inside was covered in dynamat including a ring around the driver.  Cushion stuffing inside the dynamatted cups.  I added a foam insert from my bike helmet under the headband, again dynamat made it stick.  This is now a very resolving and detailed headphone that rattles the skull.
One thing that I have noticed in my exploration of headphone guts.  The wires they use are incredibly thin.  It just makes no sense in spending tons of money on cables when that same signal passes through such tiny and cheap conductors. 
Just ordered the ma900 based on an excellent you tube review done by our Cornish.

Cool!
Folks get out as much as they put in. Like life...
The way wires are soldered to the driver...the # of individual wires is scarily few.  I would pref a glob of solder on a chunk of wire greeting me when I open cups but it's always a delicate little thing
mad.gif

The ma900 are 8-$900 sounding 70mm, bass lens having beauties. They blow my mind. It's like a little secret that HD800 owners keep to themselves since I know of several that own both. The HD are $1,500ish (in Japan)  It is the perfect "ying" to a bassheads "yang"
Only 700 mW max input I think so treat em' gently. So light you'll forget they are on your head.

Awesome stuff. Enjoy!!

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #3,757 of 12,991
 The soft pads on Denon 600 eat that energy but the bass within the pads is deep and solid. The ws99 are cheaper and the feeling of the hit is a bit more...but they are not sturdy cans.

They hit very nice.

I'd get the ws99

D600 cost more sound a bit better but will not transfer bass to the head as well because of the comfy pads.

In most any other thread the D600 gets the rec but this is about bass kick

Thanks hhb. I like the sound signature of ws99 but i dont think they have enough juice to rattle brain like sz2000. Ws99 seem sturdy enough, will last long if you never sit on them. I got a good deal on sony mdr1r under 80* bucks on ebay. They have some good reviews. In the end Jvc's offer some sick bass, not diggin it for a while until they release sz3000 lol.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #3,758 of 12,991
Just want to say thank you to HBB for creating this thread and for those that helped point me towards fostex. My first headphones, over ears since being a kid. My god, do I love these things. I was finally able to get a good listen in yesterday, by myself at my office... Wow. Unreal. I thought my IEMS sounded amazing... Now I don't want to wear IEMS anymore!!!

So I am toying with adding a portable amp to my stack. I have 2 daps I use, AK240 and fiio x3. Both sound incredible, X3 seems to do just fine but I love my gadgets. Seems like Cayin is the way to go. Anyone compare the CT to the e12a? Both have bass boosts... I was thinking of even the more powerful e12 too... Or any other suggestion. Budget is not as much of a concern as being portable. Hugo or something of that size is counter productive.

Also, I love the sound I don't want it to get muddied up. I love bass, as much as possible without it interfering or bleeding.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #3,759 of 12,991
Just want to say thank you to HBB for creating this thread and for those that helped point me towards fostex. My first headphones, over ears since being a kid. My god, do I love these things. I was finally able to get a good listen in yesterday, by myself at my office... Wow. Unreal. I thought my IEMS sounded amazing... Now I don't want to wear IEMS anymore!!!

So I am toying with adding a portable amp to my stack. I have 2 daps I use, AK240 and fiio x3. Both sound incredible, X3 seems to do just fine but I love my gadgets. Seems like Cayin is the way to go. Anyone compare the CT to the e12a? Both have bass boosts... I was thinking of even the more powerful e12 too... Or any other suggestion. Budget is not as much of a concern as being portable. Hugo or something of that size is counter productive.

Also, I love the sound I don't want it to get muddied up. I love bass, as much as possible without it interfering or bleeding.

Glad your happy!
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Hard not to be with the TH
biggrin.gif

The Cayin C5 is the way to go. e12 is congested by comparison. It is a wonderful amp (C5). It is not basshead but we can use and enjoy it. It should fit very well if a portable amp is the way you want to go

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #3,762 of 12,991
  @Hawaiibadboy - do you have any links to your car audio setups and the like? Starting to get in to it. 

Race car seats and subs make the road all the better.

I had an account with my uploaded albums got banned for flaming on another site.
I have a couple on here but I'd have to dig so not today.

JL Audio on a buget....kinda big budget...best at 15"

Digital Designs....mmmmmmm...my babies

http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/redline/500

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #3,763 of 12,991
Meanwhile....
1 year ago discovered the hardest hitting cans on the planet (consumer level) Nobody was rec'ing them.
blink.gif

Forget about user end savy and patience...that is their variable. The question was...often...what are the hardest hitting cans? And the responses were amazing. Uninformed with zero back-up.

I dunno IEM's

Yesterday I went hunting and found a set that dominated. I wanted mids and highs first with a bass I could raise but was not too boosted out of the box. listened to 200 or so and bought a pair that nobody had reviewed on Head Fi.  I had no preconceptions I did not ask for advice, I did not care about the price.

Don't believe the hype.
EXPERTS are tainted and bias. Were all human. I was in a great mood as the video shows and had access to all the hyped IEM's
I now can rec a set that should make an audiophile smile and a basshead too if they choose.
This is your money...treat it with respect and don't give strangers opinions more respect than a stranger deserves. Spending hundreds cuz somebody you never met said so but they got a high standing and status on here is a fool maneuver. If they were so smart they woulda highly ranked this but they went for the flagship review which is inferior to this one.Clearly.
Nobody is trying to mess with your money but we are human...and bias whether we realize it or not.

I stuck my toe in the IEM world and it is more off kilt with price to performance than over ears...which is amazing.

Don't trust me....or them or anyone that you haven't quietly observed and deem level headed and only do that as a last resort.

Compare "A" to "B"...sure....most experienced folks can help with that.

Which is the best?? Man watch out for that.  Enjoy the vid New top 10 list coming soon
Pioneer may be back on at the expense of the current #10

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #3,765 of 12,991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back