The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #2,431 of 12,991
  I wonder what having the SZ2000's younger brother would be like?  I live in Calgary as well and went through hell to get these here.  Now a pair of SZ1000's are availiable in my home town.  Does anyone know if the differences are worth getting both?  I know Hawaii may have them both still.  Hold onto those for right now.  Damn Head FI, need to book a meeting with the wife, finance minister.

Bass is slightly just a tad lighter but makes them more friendly to other types of music like Rock etc. They slam when called upon but have a more approachable sig. For a part time basshead these would be better than the sz2k since they have the ability to relax. That's why I have both.

For this price with the pads already upgraded this is a great price.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #2,433 of 12,991
Initial impression is a stronger mid range than the sz2000.  Deep bass is not there in the 1000's.  However the Mad Dog pads are incredible.  They are angled and huge.  They remind me of the 3d stitched sony z7.  If you have either of these headphones the Mad Dog pads are a must.  It only took 1 hour for them to make their way onto the sz2000,  Wham, the sub bass is incredible, it feels like and earthquake.  A game changer for sure.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,434 of 12,991
  Initial impression is a stronger mid range than the sz2000.  Deep bass is not there in the 1000's.  However the Mad Dog pads are incredible.  They are angled and huge.  They remind me of the 3d stitched sony z7.  If you have either of these headphones the Mad Dog pads are a must.  It only took 1 hour for them to make their way onto the sz2000,  Wham, the sub bass is incredible, it feels like and earthquake.  A game changer for sure.

Ka....muddafukin boom!!!!

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #2,435 of 12,991

Aaaaah, don't believe the hype​

Don't pass that budda man
you don't yet understand
 ​
 ​

Been delaying the latest Top 10 for multiple reasons...the main being a legend stalk.  Stalking a legend.. like the Q40 was hunted and skinned. Q40... Quality bass? Pleasing bass to mid transition? Overall sound sig that is more common for cans priced 3 times as much...sometimes more? Yes, yes aaaand Yes.

Face melting, Head shaking bass?
(if you are wondering what face melting bass is then your with me...I dunno either but it sounds awesome
biggrin.gif
)
I was assured via PM it was gonna shake my eyeballs.

No.

3 yes's and a no. Not bad.

This other  legend is discontinued and expensive and I only know 2 places i can jack my rig into them. I was lucky enough to "A" "B" them with the DX1000 by JVC which was once upon a time my dream cans.  The bass is boomy and gets loud and deep but the rumble on your head is about the same as the DX1000.  Those cans are not making the list anytime...ever ..same as the  DX1000 .Texture......of a 35Hz note? Meanwhile the Lawton mods are where bass goes to die. It kills the reflection to put it simply and it's the same **** I used in Car Audio.

If your dreaming of someday saving up and buying something that hits like the cans in the Top 10 vids and delivers sonic bliss sliding along the ideal curve....keep dreaming and save your cash. 3 weeks of me listening to cans that folks rave over. (I saw a hit piece done by Takato.....so I thought) However it is his opinion.. They slam like Kings and that's what this thread is focused on and they sound better than he described but who the **** am I to disagree with another persons opinion?  I stick to bass. I can feel it and show it if the can will go there and those do but beyond that....it's just another opinion (mine) I almost left a comment under the review but I am not the defender of anything. These are headphones. Headbands with speakers and folks get so emotionally attached to them it's borderline bizarre and they cannot give rational un bias opinions on those cans. They do anyway though.

You want tight controlled bass? Real tight? Get a Planar. Audeze (Can't believe I typed that) 
Sacrifice the extension and hang time of a note for precision.
You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
Overly emphasized sub bass is going to pull up the slope on the upper/mid bass and interfere with the delivery of early mids and that's it.
Period

PERIOD

Even if the driver were able to deliver the early mid through the decaying boosted sub bass notes your ears would not be able to perceive their accurate delivery.

Call it bloat,bloom,boom whatever the **** you like.

I call it BIG bass
oooooh​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #2,436 of 12,991
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your dreaming of someday saving up and buying something that hits like the cans in the Top 10 vids and delivers sonic bliss sliding along the ideal curve....keep dreaming and save your cash. 3 weeks of me listening to cans that folks rave over. (I saw a hit piece done by Takato.....so I thought) However it is his opinion and the 600 are way overrated but they are the little brother of a much better can. They slam like Kings and that's what this thread is focused on and they sound better than he described but who the **** am I to disagree with another persons opinion?  I stick to bass. I can feel it and show it if the can will go there and those do but beyond that....it's just another opinion (mine) I almost left a comment under the review but I am not the defender of anything. These are headphones. Headbands with speakers and folks get so emotionally attached to them it's borderline bizarre and they cannot give rational un bias opinions on those cans. They do anyway though.

Thanks to CB's video, the Top 10 List, and reading many reviews, I got my end game headphone - the Fostex TH600.  Bought it without audition because there's no dealer in my area (the Bay Area - Let's Go GIANTS!)

I LOVE my TH600's because they play well with ALL of my music (Alternative, Blues, Classical, Country, EDM, Electronic, Hip-Hop/Rap, Industrial, Instrumental, Jazz, New Age, Pop, R&B/Soul, Reggae, Rock, Singer/Songwriter, Vocal, World (Hawaiian).  Especially awesome with Hip Hop, Dubstep, and Trap Music.

Aloha 

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #2,437 of 12,991
i was wondering since this thread is all about bass headphones, to start maybe throwing in some gears like portable amps with the best bass boost, can you recommend some 

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #2,438 of 12,991
  Thanks to CB's video, the Top 10 List, and reading many reviews, I got my end game headphone - the Fostex TH600.  Bought it without audition because there's no dealer in my area (the Bay Area - Let's Go GIANTS!)

I LOVE my TH600's because they play well with ALL of my music (Alternative, Blues, Classical, Country, EDM, Electronic, Hip-Hop/Rap, Industrial, Instrumental, Jazz, New Age, Pop, R&B/Soul, Reggae, Rock, Singer/Songwriter, Vocal, World (Hawaiian).  Especially awesome with Hip Hop, Dubstep, and Trap Music.

Aloha 

I can't be bothered to find it but some folks were saying it lacked in sub-bass

**cue the vid**

That's ALL sub-bass and he forgot to turn the fiio bass boost on. (it was so surprising the vid stayed up and another was done later anyway) but that's a bass test track with jeteffects but no bass boost. Those bad boys deliver bass in waves. I'm happy for ya. Somewhere Tom Cruise is smiling. Enjoy
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,439 of 12,991
Yea a fellow in the D2k thread just upgraded to a TH 600 and from what he's said it is well an upgrade to the D2k, from his impressions the TH 600 has the bass head signiture, Heavy thick bass, good texture, lots an lots of BIG bass, said the mids an treble are a touch better. So that's good to hear

and Gents I'm getting a LA D5k, yes a D5k that's been sent to the Bass Slaughter House! I like it though, I'm hoping it's still good n heavy like my D2K was and it should be, I do belive the new cans has a touch deeper housing than my D2k 

But I'll be back soonish gents :3, with a pheonix! 

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,440 of 12,991
  i was wondering since this thread is all about bass headphones, to start maybe throwing in some gears like portable amps with the best bass boost, can you recommend some 

This thread is in the Headphone section which I'm happy about as it should be here . Headfi ..should be fine about me ranting rambling and ranking.....headphones in here.

Any talk of amps and daps comes as someone is putting together a rig. It keeps this thread new visitor friendly and member friendly at the same time.

Watching what happened to other bass in general related threads is a cautionary tale. Try and appeal to everyone and you will surely appeal to no one.

Like I mentioned. The location of this thread indicates it's direction and I am very comfortable with that.

FWIW
Have never seen a ZO in a chain in a vid. If it were all that and a bag of chips....and I had a horse in that race... I'd get a member with one to show it's power since the makers are on here and advertising is advertising. The post before yours was a happy camper. Folks thinking these vids are a joke are missing the point of it being a secondary confirmation of a first over the head impression and it has never not matched. Lotta folks made a purchase and this thread played a role in that . Part of a set of info. If your info ain't here it's not gonna get considered. That means no money.

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,441 of 12,991
  Yea a fellow in the D2k thread just upgraded to a TH 600 and from what he's said it is well an upgrade to the D2k, from his impressions the TH 600 has the bass head signiture, Heavy thick bass, good texture, lots an lots of BIG bass, said the mids an treble are a touch better. So that's good to hear

and Gents I'm getting a LA D5k, yes a D5k that's been sent to the Bass Slaughter House! I like it though, I'm hoping it's still good n heavy like my D2K was and it should be, I do belive the new cans has a touch deeper housing than my D2k 

But I'll be back soonish gents :3, with a pheonix! 

Congrats
beerchug.gif

I think the Th600 is a clear jump from the D2k and the next jump is a D5 or 7k and the TH900 is a minor basshead jump from there. A debatable one but without a vid and an un bias opinion (good luck with that) its a wash and I think both were manufactured by Fostex??

Good stuff!! Congrats. Denon has pedigree in quality and driver/housing synergy that is friendly to powerful bass.

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #2,442 of 12,991

Congrats
beerchug.gif

I think the Th600 is a clear jump from the D2k and the next jump is a D5 or 7k and the TH900 is a minor basshead jump from there. A debatable one but without a vid and an un bias opinion (good luck with that) its a wash and I think both were manufactured by Fostex??

Good stuff!! Congrats. Denon has pedigree in quality and driver/housing synergy that is friendly to powerful bass.

Indeed, I can't get away from the Denon Sound for EDM. If I want deep heavy bass it's gatta be a Dennon! 

I know the D 7000 though might be the very Top of the chain for me, though I'm hoping we can find something new to hit the market, that or wait for the Modded TH 900s to show up for around $1000 even in the days to come 

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #2,443 of 12,991

Bass is slightly just a tad lighter but makes them more friendly to other types of music like Rock etc. They slam when called upon but have a more approachable sig. For a part time basshead these would be better than the sz2k since they have the ability to relax. That's why I have both.

For this price with the pads already upgraded this is a great price.

I just rooted my htc one m8 just to get the best audio app in history. it has tons of bass mods to make the sz2000 insane. I think this apps tops any IOS app. watch the video to see its limitless options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQavUOzRV6E

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #2,444 of 12,991
  I just rooted my htc one m8 just to get the best audio app in history. it has tons of bass mods to make the sz2000 insane. I think this apps tops any IOS app. watch the video to see its limitless options

Yikes, it really does! That's pretty cool. I might have to root my next phone for that bad boi 

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #2,445 of 12,991

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
**Stomps on ipad and throws iphone through window**
biggrin.gif

That looks dope!!

Please share your best impact settings after you mess around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back