The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 31, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #2,086 of 12,991
I checked the JVC USA site and under "Premium" headphones couldn't/didn't show any models (as of 12:25 pm PST August 30th, 2014). I did find them on Amazon with free shipping, however found some on Amazon - J Made that has shipping charges, but is less than the one that has free shipping -- shown here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CIQ7NXQ/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=new (choose J-Made)

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #2,087 of 12,991
"entertainment!"??

tha fu?

These are plastic, various metals and sometimes woods surrounding different types of audio driver/signal reproduction devices. We are using paper to show low frequency response on video.

That sir..
THAT SIR!!!

Is some really heavy big time stuff that in the grand scheme means a lot..A LOT SIR!!

Glad you're...how did you put it?...oh that's right...."entertained"

:D

* ToP 10 September list will be finalized after V-Moda is caught, beaten, forced to give up the secret code and perform a bass test

Ohh I see. My mistake...I think I meant to say INFORMED. In a head pulverising kind of way!

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #2,088 of 12,991
I checked the JVC USA site and under "Premium" headphones couldn't/didn't show any models (as of 12:25 pm PST August 30th, 2014). I did find them on Amazon with free shipping, however found some on Amazon - J Made that has shipping charges, but is less than the one that has free shipping -- shown here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CIQ7NXQ/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=new (choose J-Made)

That's pretty weird - wonder if JVC have discontinued the SZ range?

I just checked JVC UK's online store and they still are out of stock of the SZ2000 - yeah, they've got the "available again soon" tag, but they've been like this for over a month now - suppose it's a bit reassuring that they still have them listed rather than the US site where they no longer have them listed at all.

UK site still has stock of SZ1000.

https://www.jvceshop.co.uk/search?search_query=Headphones&submit_search=&orderby=price&orderway=desc

If I were a prospective SZ1 or 2K buyer, I'd be making a quick grab now rather than later incase JVC have pulled the plug altogether on the SZ range and US is the first region for it to show.

Usually when a model is discontinued despite there still being a demand, whatever stock that is floating around (usually from Japanese vendors) prices start steadily going up as it becomes a sellers market with more buyers than stock available to command a premium - that's pretty much the way the SONY MDR-XB1000 played out anyhow :confused_face_2:

Hope I'm wrong in guessing SZ range has gone the way of the Dodo though for sure though :blink:

imagejpg1-38.jpg

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,089 of 12,991

I just checked JVC UK's online store and they still are out of stock of the SZ2000 - yeah, they've got the "available again soon" tag, but they've been like this for over a month now - suppose it's a bit reassuring that they still have them listed rather than the US site where they no longer have them listed at all.

https://www.jvceshop.co.uk/search?search_query=Headphones&submit_search=&orderby=price&orderway=desc

If I were a prospective SZ1 or 2K buyer, I'd be making a quick grab now rather than later incase JVC have pulled the plug altogether on the SZ range and US is the first region for it to show.

Usually when a model is discontinued despite there still being a demand, whatever stock that is floating around (usually from Japanese vendors) prices start steadily going up as it becomes a sellers market with more buyers than stock available to command a premium - that's pretty much the way the SONY MDR-XB1000 played out anyhow :confused_face_2:

Hope I'm wrong in guessing SZ range has gone the way of the Dodo though for sure though :blink:

imagejpg1-38.jpg
lucky for me the UE6000's price dropped from 200$ to 80$ here after discontinuation. Hopefully that happens to the SZ1K and SZ2K when they get discontinued... Just so I can buy like 4. :veryevil:

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #2,090 of 12,991
Looking to pickup Ultrasone Pro 900's as a I hear that they are great for bassheads, anyone here have any comments on these phones?

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2,092 of 12,991
lucky for me the UE6000's price dropped from 200$ to 80$ here after discontinuation. Hopefully that happens to the SZ1K and SZ2K when they get discontinued... Just so I can buy like 4. :veryevil:

I personally think if and when the SZ range discontinues, the price of available stock will rise like the XB1000, unless JVC replace with something even more badass bass - (SZ3000 & SZ4000?), as the current SZ 1& 2K are so unique types of headphones not found anywhere else.

These cans use essentially a floor speaker configuration inside each earcup chamber to produce almost overwhelming levels of sub through to mid bass when EQ'd that you won't find that close without spending serious green on likes of FOSTEX TH600 & 900's.

Don't get me wrong- there's myriads of very good bass headphones available outside the SZ range, which are all good in their own rights, and I think the current top 10 and recommended list encapsulates the most of the very best of what's out there now, but the SZ cans are just such a powerhouse in bass performance that I think if JVC don't follow up with credible replacement models, then the SZ's will end up being iconic amongst bassheads due to their uniqueness of being virtually peerless in bass at the price point they are.

How you enjoying your UE6000's and WS77's?

New pads found for the 77's yet? :wink:

Looking to pickup Ultrasone Pro 900's as a I hear that they are great for bassheads, anyone here have any comments on these phones?

I've not heard them before, but NewWaveAudio aka 40mm Fight Club Champ, has owned them as has TheTodd, who'd be able to give you their opinions on it.

Just by going off headfiers comments from what I've read, the Pro 900 seems to be a headphone people seem to love or hate, those who hate it complain of piercing highs and those who love it seem to appreciate the detail brought out on the highs - bass on these cans seems debatable between many camps - we've recently put out an open invitation for any Pro 900 owner to make a bass/paper test video to get some idea of the cans bass impact, but to date - no takers, so myth buster team remains (and it's wanted by the Bass Sheriff status too :D)

Here's link to a thread made by HiFiGuy528 comparing the Pro 900 to SONY's now discontinued XB1000, which may be of help and his Pro900 unboxing video :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552034/final-thoughts-sony-mdr-xb1000-vs-ultrasone-pro-900-who-is-the-bass-king-pictures

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejd1L4unc9g[/VIDEO]​

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #2,093 of 12,991

imagejpg1-38.jpg

I'm not sure. I wish there was a way for me to at least demo them if I was going to purchase some over the ear headphones.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #2,094 of 12,991
I personally think if and when the SZ range discontinues, the price of available stock will rise like the XB1000, unless JVC replace with something even more badass bass - (SZ3000 & SZ4000?), as the current SZ 1& 2K are so unique types of headphones not found anywhere else.

These cans use essentially a floor speaker configuration inside each earcup chamber to produce almost overwhelming levels of sub through to mid bass when EQ'd that you won't find that close without spending serious green on likes of FOSTEX TH600 & 900's.

Don't get me wrong- there's myriads of very good bass headphones available outside the SZ range, which are all good in their own rights, and I think the current top 10 and recommended list encapsulates the most of the very best of what's out there now, but the SZ cans are just such a powerhouse in bass performance that I think if JVC don't follow up with credible replacement models, then the SZ's will end up being iconic amongst bassheads due to their uniqueness of being virtually peerless in bass at the price point they are.

How you enjoying your UE6000's and WS77's?

New pads found for the 77's yet? :wink:
(off topic)
not yet... Still looking for new pads. The UE6K is definitely darker... I prefer the 77's because of the vocal presentation, soundstage, bass extension and control, and clarity being better than the UE6K. The mids, comfort, looks, isolation, accessories, case, and #yoloswag are better on the UE6K's tho, so I use the one im in the mood for when I go out.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #2,098 of 12,991
@cb3723 have some bad news. I'm going to have to redo my video. Found out amp was set to low gain

Edit.
Video has been postponed, amp just died

I'll buy that.
It looked unlike the can that beat the crap outta the wiz track
Was wondering what happened there
confused.gif

1. Good luck
2. Don't blow cans or any peripheral equipment  
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #2,100 of 12,991
Unless you had a amp and an eq you wouldn't get what you came for assuming that's BASS.
They really need power and low end lifting but they take you there...to bassland I mean:D

I could technically use my friend's RSA and use Neutron EQ...so yeah, I can get the bass up pretty easily if I wanted to. I was going to demo how the whole audio spectrum sounded as well, as I wouldn't be purchasing them just for their bass. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back