The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #2,567 of 19,652
  Was there an option to play all from the sd cards? I have the X3 and I can only play all from the internal memory. It sounds like it could be an attractive option at the price it is supposed to go for. It's a good time to be in the market for a dap :D

I'm not sure if I can wait until March for the release of this. I think it's between this and the Sony ZX1 for me. 

How odd. My X3 plays all properly from both internal and external memory. It would need to for me to be happy with it as that is my preferred way to listen. I wonder why yours does not?

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,568 of 19,652

How odd. My X3 plays all properly from both internal and external memory. It would need to for me to be happy with it as that is my preferred way to listen. I wonder why yours does not?

Mine plays all from both memory sources too... my suspicion is that rawrster's X3 has a corrupted media library/database. Perhaps try deleting the database and re-building the media library?

Dale

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #2,569 of 19,652
Something else that should be considered is memory access time. The AK120 was quite slow when full up. I cannot imagine how it will be with 120g micro SD. The X5 might be faster though. However the ZX1 is much faster than any non apple DAP I had.

Hmm I never had that issue? I had about 195 GBs worth of music on there and it wasn't slow at all?

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,571 of 19,652
You think it's not slow because you have not tried the ZX1
smily_headphones1.gif

lol even next to my iphone4 I wouldn't consider it slow :wink:. Not as fast as the iphone of course but not slow compared to it either.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #2,573 of 19,652

Mine plays all from both memory sources too... my suspicion is that rawrster's X3 has a corrupted media library/database. Perhaps try deleting the database and re-building the media library?

Dale

Ok I stand corrected. Your suspicion was correct and everything is fine now. Thanks!

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,574 of 19,652
You think it's not slow because you have not tried the ZX1
smily_headphones1.gif

Hahaha!! I had a chuckle with that comment :wink:. Actually yes I do find music accessibility on the AK120 to be a little slow when it came to scrolling on a tiny little screen. The HM-901 scrolling ain't a speed demon either.

However the ZX1 was quick like the Touch or iPhone, etc. The X5 was quite responsive too. I put in my 64GB microSD but I don't know how many tracks there are on there. Maybe 500? Plus whatever demo microSD card was in the X5 - I didn't open & check that one.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #2,575 of 19,652
With X3 especially with recent firmwares, gapless works in file browsing mode. So if you dont need to update lib and just use file browsing mode, its really plug and play kinda fast. There is no need to hire a helper to clean up the tags and just enjoy music immediately. I really hope X5 stays that way.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,576 of 19,652
If I use the AK120 as a reference, a full up AK120 is very acceptable in terms of speed. However, I used playlists and when loading the playlist there was quite a lag. I have not tried the playlists on the ZX1 yet, because thanks to the 901 ownership, I am all organized in file systems.

If the X5 speed is at least as good as AK120 than it will not be a problem.

Calyx said on their FB page they will reveal more any day now on the M...the game is on.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,578 of 19,652
For whoever was wondering about the X5 scroll wheel, it's an Alps digital encoder, part no. SRGP40. I don't know which of the technologies mentioned it uses (it may even be neither). You can look up the part number and download the datasheet for it online.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #2,579 of 19,652
If I use the AK120 as a reference, a full up AK120 is very acceptable in terms of speed. However, I used playlists and when loading the playlist there was quite a lag. I have not tried the playlists on the ZX1 yet, because thanks to the 901 ownership, I am all organized in file systems.

If the X5 speed is at least as good as AK120 than it will not be a problem.

Calyx said on their FB page they will reveal more any day now on the M...the game is on.

Hmm you really got lag from the playlists? I had over 200 playlist (some with 50 or more tracks in each) and it was not laggy. Just the fact that you can simply sync playlists is crappy though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back