Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jul 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #331 of 3,060

8gb clip zip 29.99, 32 gb sd card 18.99, hpa labs cmoy 25.00, a151 39.99
This setup gets more listening time than anything else I got. The amp adds a nice little boost to the 151's.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #332 of 3,060
Nice, I seriously need to check into a clip in the future for a DAP, I get so fed up with i-DAPS and with that rockbox software I'm not really sure what I would be loosing over my iDevices. Really like the SD card addition as well, seems a SD card Clip strapped to a RS Shadow would be pretty sweet and small for travel however I'm not sure if budget would apply on the Shadow and then I'd be forced to finally cave and get custom fits
blink.gif
 Oh I've got it bad
rolleyes.gif
! LOL

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #333 of 3,060
Quote:

8gb clip zip 29.99, 32 gb sd card 18.99, hpa labs cmoy 25.00, a151 39.99
This setup gets more listening time than anything else I got. The amp adds a nice little boost to the 151's.

I have a very similar setup. 8gb Clip +, 32gb SD card, JDS cMoy, A151. You're absolutely right about the 151 boost. Good pick.

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #334 of 3,060

Rockboxed Sansa Clip + 40gb -> KSC75

Total beach-ready setup: $45

If you can beat that price to SQ ratio, well my hat is off to you.

Thats my exact mountain biking rig right there. Fantastic bang for buck. Excellent SQ.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #336 of 3,060
These are my budget rigs. Well, at least budget for U.S. terms, since cheap electronics in the U.S. sometimes retail (if they are ever available in the Mexican market) for 2 or 3 times the original price. Case in point my Colorfly C3: Around a 100 dollar in the U.S., but retailing for around 300 south of the border. This is the Caselogic case I got for it today, at around 4 dollars, and a bit of my rockboxed Sansa Clip+.

And this is the C3 inside the case, were I keep it with my Sony XBA-2.

Here's the C3 with my XBA-2.

And this is a very bad picture of the rockboxed Sansa Clip+. The clip broke and then I sanded the back of the player an used some velcro to atach a transparent clip which I got for less than a dollar. I figured that it would be better to use something more elastic than glue or epoxy to affix the clip.

And, in what could appear as a bad joke, this is a cheapo RCA player I got just for watching movies and reading ebooks while in the bus, as a cheap and not so efficient substitute for my Motorola phone, which has a very bad battery life and really can't use for more than taking calls and reading emails. I don't really consider the RCA something other than a disposable player for video. And in case you are wondering, there are a lot of old Star Trek and Star Trek cartoons in its 4gb of memory.

And this is it :wink:.

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #338 of 3,060
These are my budget rigs. Well, at least budget for U.S. terms, since cheap electronics in the U.S. sometimes retail (if they are ever available in the Mexican market) for 2 or 3 times the original price. Case in point my Colorfly C3: Around a 100 dollar in the U.S., but retailing for around 300 south of the border. This is the Caselogic case I got for it today, at around 4 dollars, and a bit of my rockboxed Sansa Clip+.

And this is the C3 inside the case, were I keep it with my Sony XBA-2.

Here's the C3 with my XBA-2.

And this is a very bad picture of the rockboxed Sansa Clip+. The clip broke and then I sanded the back of the player an used some velcro to atach a transparent clip which I got for less than a dollar. I figured that it would be better to use something more elastic than glue or epoxy to affix the clip.

And, in what could appear as a bad joke, this is a cheapo RCA player I got just for watching movies and reading ebooks while in the bus, as a cheap and not so efficient substitute for my Motorola phone, which has a very bad battery life and really can't use for more than taking calls and reading emails. I don't really consider the RCA something other than a disposable player for video. And in case you are wondering, there are a lot of old Star Trek and Star Trek cartoons in its 4gb of memory.

And this is it :wink:.

Nice budget gear,...and luv the star trek!!!

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #341 of 3,060
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #342 of 3,060
E474 --> L5 --> E06 --> SRH440

Love the sound this setup is giving me. The amp may seem unnecessary, but I'm using line out which seems cleaner and more accurate to my ears (and saves massive battery life as well). No EQ and Clear Bass 2/3. All for 200$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back