Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
May 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #201 of 3,060
Quote:

My humble rig - Rockboxed Sansa Clip+, VSonic VC02 w/ Comply T-100 foam tips, FiiO E5 ...

Absolutely proper Budget-Fi! Brilliant rig. I was debating with myself about getting sth like the Clip+. If I may ask, I don't know much about VSonic VC02, but is it necessary to use it with FiiO E5? Or do you use it get an added bass boost? And does it save a bit of battery life on the Clip+?

Love how you put everything in that pelican case you have on your avatar :D

May 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #202 of 3,060
Quote:
Will be updating my pics in about a week as I'm getting my EP720s recabled. ... .watch for it... . Altho, still won't hold a candle to some of y'all's rigs on here...:D

Nice Rig!

There is no "Holding a candle To" here in this thread, if you like the rig your using, and it does what you need it to, sounds good to you and most of all, you enjoy it then it's a great rig!
It's all about the music and the enjoyment of such...

FWIW There are other threads here on Head-Fi which seem to me anyway too much like a "Look What I Got" type of thread and it gets a little overwhelming at times.

May 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #203 of 3,060
Quote:
Nice Rig!

There is no "Holding a candle To" here in this thread, if you like the rig your using, and it does what you need it to, sounds good to you and most of all, you enjoy it then it's a great rig!

FWIW There are other threads here on Head-Fi which seem to me anyway too much like a "Look What I Got" type of thread and it gets a little overwhelming at times.

Well said and here, here!

May 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #204 of 3,060
Quote:
Nice Rig!

Trying the "humble" approach.... . :) You're right on all accounts my good man. And thanks for the appreciation. :)

Quote:

Absolutely proper Budget-Fi! Brilliant rig. I was debating with myself about getting sth like the Clip+. If I may ask, I don't know much about VSonic VC02, but is it necessary to use it with FiiO E5? Or do you use it get an added bass boost? And does it save a bit of battery life on the Clip+?

Love how you put everything in that pelican case you have on your avatar :D

Well, the VC02 isn't very loud, for starters. And can be a little bit thin-sounding for some other people's tastes, so I use the E5 to give it more power. It does help with the bass too, when needed, and it does save some of my Clip+'s battery life. 

Well, the Clip+ is, I think, a must have for every audiophile.. . That's debatable, tho.. . A brilliant DAP. 

Thanks, that's a monitor vault from Westone. It's nice that both IEM and Clip+ fit in it. Gives it a touring, pro look... .:)

May 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #205 of 3,060
Quick and dirty pic while at work. These lights stink - I'll try to take some nice ones along with my other setup when I get home.

Talk about budget - Sony NWZ-S545 16 gig that my wife got with a best buy giftcard from her job and no longer uses along with TDK EB-750's that I paid less than a buck for from staples for after rebates.

So yes, this rig cost less than a buck brand new. I could complain about sound or this or that but then I'd be a real jerk.

May 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #206 of 3,060
Quote:
Quick and dirty pic while at work. These lights stink - I'll try to take some nice ones along with my other setup when I get home.

Talk about budget - Sony NWZ-S545 16 gig that my wife got with a best buy giftcard from her job and no longer uses along with TDK EB-750's that I paid less than a buck for from staples for after rebates.

So yes, this rig cost less than a buck brand new. I could complain about sound or this or that but then I'd be a real jerk.

The TDKs look sweet... . How are they? What are your impressions of them?

May 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #210 of 3,060
Sure it counts, there is no CLAS or LCD's hanging off it. And those pannies do rock the Budget-Fi. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back