1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by trolldragon, Feb 13, 2013.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. kfarndog
    Quote:
    Rossy - Sure would love to hear your impression of the Q701s with the LD I+

2. Rossy007
    I had mine for about a week and loved them, I had some problems with a schiit magni and it took out the left channel of the headphones. I have a replacement coming on Monday so I will give you my humble opinion then.

3. Anewills
    removed

4. jRi0T68
    NEW TOY!!! Time to spam the pictures in a few places.

My audio rig, complete for now:
    Rockbox'ed Sansa Clip Zip 4gb with 32gb micro sd.
    Fiio E11 Amp
    Shure SE215 earphones (with the mic cable so I can quickly plug them into my phone for hands free calling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Size comparison with Galaxy SII T989
    [​IMG]

Neat little package in my armband, complete with tucking excess headphone cable in so it doesn't snag.
    [​IMG]

Yes, I need to refine how I mount the clip to the E11.

5. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

Nice gear!  As for mounting your Clip Zip to the E11, can I suggest 3M Dual Lock?

Tyll over at InnerFidelty has a nice article and video on it.  It may be a little more heavy duty than you need, but it would definitely keep everything together.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/3m-dual-lock-and-attaching-your-player-portable-headphone-amp

6. TrollDragon
    Dual Lock is great, I used a Velcro strip for mine.
    VelcroStrap.jpg

AssembledSideView.jpg

ReadytoRock.jpg
    [​IMG]

7. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

Awesome set-up!  Velcro is another fine choice.  I always used tiny little Velcro pads to keep my old original Clip and FiiO E3 together.

8. TrollDragon
    Thanks!
    The wife owns the Clip+ now...

The Velcro strap is around the E11 and the Clip's "Clip" tucks in under. I couldn't find pads that would stay stuck, locally anyway, I didn't search online.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

9. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

Very cool.  And is that a Body Glove belt clip on the E11?

10. TrollDragon
    It was till the tang snapped off the top, picked it up at Princess Auto years back for $3 should have bought 10 of them. It was a great belt clip.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

11. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

I have one, too.  I think I had it attached to my old Nokia back in the day.  Still fully functional and in great shape with the interchangeable face plates.  A great clip all in all.

12. jRi0T68

Thanks. Dual lock was my first thought, but I plan to keep the clip attached to the Zip for use with my armband. I may opt to remove the clip and sew Velcro to the armband eventually, though.

This is how I'm running it today, lol. Tomorrow may change again.
    [​IMG]

13. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

Looks good like that, too.  And we all change our mind about our gear all of the time.  Otherwise, I don't think any of us would be here! [​IMG]

14. jRi0T68
    Been in my shorts pocket all day and the bands haven't budged at all like I worried they would.

15. HulkSmashNow
    Quote:

Awesome.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last