Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
May 16, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,201 of 3,060

SQ wise, I'm not sure budget-fi gets much better than this...

Rockboxed Clip + feeding ZMF recabled MH1s. Very accurate natural sound with the slightest bass boost. Love it!

hi joe, who did the recable of your MH1? I like the braid style.

May 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,203 of 3,060
So I finally jump on the clip bandwagon and I hate myself for not doing it earlier. It's a great little player! 

May 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,205 of 3,060
The Clip Zip is indeed a great little player! 

I know I've posted these setups here before, but I have yet to change from using them as they serve me very well as a budget, on-the-go rig. I suppose you could say, these four (or more so, three, depending on if I feel like using headphones or IEMs) items are my little entertainment system for when I'm travelling on public transport, or for when I'm bored in general. Obviously, I'd have my phone with me, which is the key essential that is not shown in the pictures. 

My Blue/Carbon-Fibre Theme
Source: Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed v3.13)
Headphones: MEElectronics "Carbon" Atlas (Double pad mod (with inverted Sony V150 Ear Pads))
IEMs: Ostry KC06 (Carbon-fibre'd skin & Fischer Audio DBA-02 (blue core) tips)
Featuring: Nintendo Gameboy Micro & Pokemon Emerald

May 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,207 of 3,060
Nice setup! if there was only a Carbon Fibre Zip... :)

Yeah, I carbon-fibre wrapped my Zip's back too! Lol :D

I'll get around to wrapping the front when I have time.

May 17, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,208 of 3,060
  The Clip Zip is indeed a great little player! 

I know I've posted these setups here before, but I have yet to change from using them as they serve me very well as a budget, on-the-go rig. I suppose you could say, these four (or more so, three, depending on if I feel like using headphones or IEMs) items are my little entertainment system for when I'm travelling on public transport, or for when I'm bored in general. Obviously, I'd have my phone with me, which is the key essential that is not shown in the pictures. 

My Blue/Carbon-Fibre Theme
Source: Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed v3.13)
Headphones: MEElectronics "Carbon" Atlas (Double pad mod (with inverted Sony V150 Ear Pads))
IEMs: Ostry KC06 (Carbon-fibre'd skin & Fischer Audio DBA-02 (blue core) tips)
Featuring: Nintendo Gameboy Micro & Pokemon Emerald

Seriously though, I really love all that carbon fibre. Where do you get it? I wanna carbon fibre my Beats Pro...and maybe my Kraken.
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,209 of 3,060

Seriously though, I really love all that carbon fibre. Where do you get it? I wanna carbon fibre my Beats Pro...and maybe my Kraken.
beerchug.gif

It's called, "4D Carbon Fibre Vinyl", which you can find all over eBay with a simple search. (Link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=4d+carbon+fibre&_sacat=0&_from=R40)

It's not like the crappy 2D and mediocre 3D carbon fibre wraps that we've seen before. This one actually looks like the real deal from different angles, as opposed to the older version.

May 17, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #1,210 of 3,060
  It's called, "4D Carbon Fibre Vinyl", which you can find all over eBay with a simple search. (Link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=4d+carbon+fibre&_sacat=0&_from=R40)

It's not like the crappy 2D and mediocre 3D carbon fibre wraps that we've seen before. This one actually looks like the real deal from different angles, as opposed to the older version.

Cool. I'll give that a search. Thanks a lot! Seeing the Atlas, do they come in multiple colors too? I was thinking of making the Beats logo really white to contrast the black carbon fiber. 
tongue.gif

May 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #1,211 of 3,060
Cool. I'll give that a search. Thanks a lot! Seeing the Atlas, do they come in multiple colors too? I was thinking of making the Beats logo really white to contrast the black carbon fiber. :p

No worries.

The Atlas does come in a total of five colours. Give that too, a search on Google. (I would send pictures but I'm on my phone at the moment)

You're going to paint the emblem?

May 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,212 of 3,060
No worries.

The Atlas does come in a total of five colours. Give that too, a search on Google. (I would send pictures but I'm on my phone at the moment)

You're going to paint the emblem?

Oh, lol, the phrasing was wrong on that part. I was asking if the carbon fibre was available in multiple colors. My plan was to just add a white sticker onto the logo. 

May 17, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,213 of 3,060
Oh, lol, the phrasing was wrong on that part. I was asking if the carbon fibre was available in multiple colors. My plan was to just add a white sticker onto the logo. 

Oh, I see. Nah, the Atlas only comes in carbon fibre blue, sadly. If you're referring to the 4D carbon fibre vinyl, I believe they come in other colours too. Once again, just give it a quick Google and you should be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back