Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
May 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,231 of 3,060
Good to hear! I like sony myself, and have given serious thought to picking up some xba-h1. The sennheiser ie60 are my other option.

Question to the OP: Does <$200 mean retail, or our cost? Some of us get vendor discounts or buy used/refurb!  

May 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1,232 of 3,060
  Good to hear! I like sony myself, and have given serious thought to picking up some xba-h1. The sennheiser ie60 are my other option.

Question to the OP: Does <$200 mean retail, or our cost? Some of us get vendor discounts or buy used/refurb!  

Sony stuff seems all over the board price wise and is hard to find accurate reviews of some of their stuff.  And some of the stuff is only available in certain territories.  It's really confusing but, sometimes you can get them well below msrp or buy an older model for cheap.  I personally have 2 pairs of sony cans the mdr-v6 and xb300s. I really miss my xb500s that got broken when I dropped my laptop. Damnit now I'm kinda annoyed out of curiousity I looked up how much I paid for the xb500s and it was $50.  Now the same pair is being sold for $150 on amazon.  I guess it goes both ways with sony.  You can either get a really good deal or get ripped off big time.    I paid like $70 combined for the two and right now the mdr-v6 is more expensive than that alone on amazon.  

May 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,233 of 3,060
Less than $200 is what ANY of us should be able to buy it for today, Amazon, eBay etc...

So the freebee's, vendor sample's or I gave the guy on corner $100 for the AK120 because he needed to ditch it fast, does not belong here.

The price was added because peoples valuation of "Budget" varies depending on the number of digits in your income... :D

There is a Mid-Fi Portable thread for over $200 and that other thread that seems to have nothing but $2K+ rigs in it.

I created this thread for those of us who might only be able to afford the basic gear a place to display them with pride.

It's all about the enjoyment of the music, not lookie what I got...
:beerchug:

May 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,234 of 3,060
Less than $200 is what ANY of us should be able to buy it for today, Amazon, eBay etc...

So the freebee's, vendor sample's or I gave the guy on corner $100 for the AK120 because he needed to ditch it fast, does not belong here.

The price was added because peoples valuation of "Budget" varies depending on the number of digits in your income...
biggrin.gif

There is a Mid-Fi Portable thread for over $200 and that other thread that seems to have nothing but $2K+ rigs in it.

I created this thread for those of us who might only be able to afford the basic gear a place to display them with pride.

It's all about the enjoyment of the music, not lookie what I got...
beerchug.gif

Well, that presents a problem for me. The average under 200 bucks rig costs almost twice that in Mexico. I don't know if it is the same situation on other countries, but my 200 dollars rig, Colorfly C# and Sennheiser CX300II is like 350 dollars, give or take a few cents.

May 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #1,235 of 3,060
Wow that is really bad, I read that once packages are lost in Mexico that FedEx won't even bother to track them down. Plus 30% duty, long shipping times, high shipping costs and most eBay sellers will not even sell to Mexico.

$3200 pesos for a Colorfly C3 off of Mercado Libre is a gouge!

I feel bad for any audiophiles living in Mexico, you are getting ripped off hard.

But if you value price your gear from eBay or Amazon then that is ok, since the rest of us pay those prices.

May 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,236 of 3,060
Wow that is really bad, I read that once packages are lost in Mexico that FedEx won't even bother to track them down. Plus 30% duty, long shipping times, high shipping costs and most eBay sellers will not even sell to Mexico.

I feel bad for any audiophiles living in Mexico, you are getting ripped off hard.

But if you value price your gear from eBay or Amazon then that is ok, since the rest of us pay those prices.

I know it's pretty difficult to get hi fi stuff here in Mexico
Teenage Mexican beginner audiophile
Me and some friends try to buy from Amazon or eBay for import headphones and paying alot for taxes
Btw I leave pretty near from Texas so I can search some goodies on good shops

May 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,237 of 3,060

I actually got it for $3500 from the supposed official distro in Mexico! Even more expensive than Mercado Libre. The Ibasso DX 50 is priced for around 400 dollars here! Maybe I should just say goodbye to audiophilia :frowning2:

May 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,238 of 3,060
I know it's pretty difficult to get hi fi stuff here in Mexico
Teenage Mexican beginner audiophile
Me and some friends try to buy from Amazon or eBay for import headphones and paying alot for taxes
Btw I leave pretty near from Texas so I can search some goodies on good shops

Run away while you can, young Padawan! User your money with your girlfriend instead. It will be better.

May 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,239 of 3,060
  I actually got it for $3500 from the supposed official distro in Mexico! Even more expensive than Mercado Libre. The Ibasso DX 50 is priced for around 400 dollars here! Maybe I should just say goodbye to audiophilia :frowning2:

Or get a friend in Texas that can order it and mail it to you.
wink.gif

May 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,240 of 3,060

beerchug.gif

Gotcha ok. I like the limitation. Forces you to be creative :wink:

May 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,241 of 3,060

Or get a friend in Texas that can order it and mail it to you.
wink.gif

Yeah. I have friends in NYC, Atlanta and Miami. And a lady friend in Texas. Got a replacement discman once that way. It's actually a pretty good idea, and I can wait until they come to Mexico for visit to get my stuff. No taxes payed, save maybe for a nice meal with an old chum. I wonder how come I did not think of that before.
confused.gif

May 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,242 of 3,060

Also bad for audiophile from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia ...too expensive plus shipping ...no Amazon ..local distributor pricing are ridiculous .

Option ...not much choice ...perhaps buying discounted item or old models ...for example Monoprice 8320 USD8 budget offering with shipping cost more than USD20 ...so u pay about USD30+ and Sandisk Zip Clip 8gGB ...going for USD90.

Man ...sucks.

May 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #1,243 of 3,060

Sansa Clip Zip $33
32gb Micro SD $21
Fiio e6 $30
MDR-v6 $83 (I paid $40 right place right time)
Total $167 retail  the headphones by themselves are relatively flat but the amp lets me adjust that with the flip of a switch without having to mess with eq settings on the player itself (which I'm too lazy to do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back