Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Apr 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,187 of 3,060
Well, this is my "budget" rig. It´s still expensive for me because this is my first "hifi" experience, but I´m really happy with it. It´s a Cowon D3 and Brainwavz M3, a bit outdated but they are good. Maybe I could buy a bigger SD card (Currently using a 4 gb one :/ ) but it´s not a big problem because I don´t like to carry thousands of albums. I didn´t like the Comply tips, so I stripped off the plastic core and put the foam inside the stock silicone tips (That are really good IMO) and it really improved the isolation, I can barely hear anything in the subway.

Nice seeing the Brainwavz M3 get some love around here. The M3 is one of my favorite IEMs of all time.. . Beautiful sounding IEMs that still impress me to this very day even after owning some pretty good ones.. . I always keep it with me..

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #1,188 of 3,060

SQ wise, I'm not sure budget-fi gets much better than this...

Rockboxed Clip + feeding ZMF recabled MH1s. Very accurate natural sound with the slightest bass boost. Love it!

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #1,190 of 3,060
And the WHITE ones especially, which are the absolute Best! 
tongue_smile.gif

The Wifes little rig.
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,195 of 3,060
  OK, here is MY wife's portable audio rig:

evil_smiley.gif

You are dropping the ball TrollD, Garcsa used feminine undergarments in his shot of a ladies rig
tongue_smile.gif

Teke banned, really? I need to watch myself out here!

May 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,196 of 3,060
You are dropping the ball TrollD, Garcsa used feminine undergarments in his shot of a ladies rig:tongue_smile:

Teke banned, really? I need to watch myself out here!
Sorry Podster... I don't own any feminine undergarments. Not about to go digging in the wife's dresser for any either. :D

That other thing is a common occurrence. :wink:

May 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,197 of 3,060
Sorry Podster... I don't own any feminine undergarments. Not about to go digging in the wife's dresser for any either.
biggrin.gif

That other thing is a common occurrence.
wink.gif

LOL, I understand completely! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back