1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by trolldragon, Feb 13, 2013.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. ShohailXTR
    those Pelican Cases look pretty darn good, too bad I don't have those where I live. Settled for a small waterproof bag for my portables and cables.

bought this 2$ slim camera bag to carry my Walkman around. the E06 with the interconnect fits in the front as well. Oh and a foam sleeve for the player too.

Because Budget-Fi :D

DSC02325.jpg

2. jaejw1
    i had to get the case.... my soft bag wasnt cutting it anymore...  needed something that i could toss around.

3. BetaWolf
    budgetfi.jpg
    <EDIT> I'm jealous of everyone else's awesome picture quality.

Samsung YP-R0 and Philips SHE-3582. This is extremely budget-fi, I realize. Got the headphones for $10 and the player for $10. Found it yesterday at a Toys R Us of all places. The spot I saw it at had a $50 price tag on it. (On inspection, the price tag said something like Barbie's "My First Dollhouse" on it, leading me to inquire about the price. Gave the sales rep a weird look when he told me $10).

Headphones are great for their price range. The player has tactile buttons, a reasonable sized screen, memory card slot, FM radio, good file support, and a headphone jack, which is about all I need from a portable media player. Not a fan of keeping $300+ worth of gear on my person, to be honest.

<EDIT> Also, first thing I did with the YP-R0 was install Rockbox. Nice that it can be Rockboxed.

4. The Dan of Steel
    Looks like I'm taking a trip to TRU tomorrow. Also picked up an extra set of she3590 today while I was out.

5. BetaWolf
    This was the last one, and it was sitting there for ages. Wouldn't count on it.

6. kramer5150
    OK here's mine!!

3-gen shuffle, the cursed button-less one and t-Jays Four... thats it.

DSCN3058.jpg

7. tds101

Nice avatar!!! Mr Jim Kelly,...

8. koikoi
    Do those buttons work with the shuffle?

9. kramer5150
    Quote:
    Yes its the only way to pause, play skip back and forth and adjust volume on this generation shuffle.  Its literally a pen drive with nothing more than an on-off switch.

10. BetaWolf
    Quote:

I showed a fellow technophile my rig, as seen in the picture. He asked if I was going to get an amp for it... lol
    Wait, should I?

11. TrollDragon
    Colorfly C3 > SMSL W3 Cable (Modded) > FiiO E11 > DIY Headphone Cable > Monoprice 8323's (The Budget-Fi King's)

C3E118323Angle.jpg

Rhino73 likes this.
  12. Sparky191
    Quote:
    Does it sound good? I loved the 1st gen, but not the 2nd gen. 

13. Sparky191
    Quote:
    What player and phones is that?

14. Retrias
    probably sony f series , the phone should be the one included with it

15. ShohailXTR
    Quote:

Quote:

Not the F series lol this is a budget-fi thread :p its a 90$ Sony E Series, E474 to be precise. and yeah the phones are the bundled MDR-EX083, they EQ pretty well.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last