Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #286 of 3,060
Julian, like the data capabilities of that iRiver and the Koss headband upgrade is nice for those who can't stand the pesky ear clips
bigsmile_face.gif
 I'm with you on the Porta Pro love Troll, have always been an under rated/appreciated headphone and I have always felt people thought they looked dumb and therefore
rolleyes.gif

Achmedisdead, not sure if you can really say budget with the FC700's but still a sweet two piece arrangement, my buddy took it from budget for sure by running his clip into a Shadow. When he is riding his scooter he drives old Ety 6i's and to me that is killer compact, I do realize for some ymmv
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #287 of 3,060
Julian, like the data capabilities of that iRiver and the Koss headband upgrade is nice for those who can't stand the pesky ear clips

The custom screen and metadata display capability is all down to Rockbox so you can do the same on any player that supports Rockbox. I even customised my tiny Sansa Clip+ to display the same stuff except the picture. With a little care over scroll speeds and alternating fields it works well.

Yes the Koss do deserve some praise. They work well with these more powerful players and I like that there are no logos or attempts to make a fashion statement.

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #288 of 3,060
Quote:

Achmedisdead, not sure if you can really say budget with the FC700's but still a sweet two piece arrangement

The FC700 only cost me $35....
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #289 of 3,060
Quote:
The FC700 only cost me $35....
confused_face_2.gif

My apologies Achmed, I did not know they retailed for that little, beautiful cans especially for $35 bones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #290 of 3,060
I want to apologize for not posting my pictures, as my nokia lumia 920 seems to be having memory leak/battery issues. All my pics were lost, and the darn thing is stuck in a restore loop. Wish me luck please,... Or I'm stuck using an old iPhone 4. :frowning2:

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #291 of 3,060
Quote:
My apologies Achmed, I did not know they retailed for that little, beautiful cans especially for $35 bones
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know how much they cost originally, to be honest....I got them on Amazon described as "used, like new" condition for that price. They're not the best headphones I have, but they have a nice balance to their sound and they're easily powered.
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
I want to apologize for not posting my pictures, as my nokia lumia 920 seems to be having memory leak/battery issues. All my pics were lost, and the darn thing is stuck in a restore loop. Wish me luck please,... Or I'm stuck using an old iPhone 4.
frown.gif

That's a bummer. 
frown.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #293 of 3,060
The SOMiC's are here... The SOMiC's are here...
biggrin.gif

SOMiC EFi82MT and the portable rig, (C3 & E11)
(The phone does not do Red very well.)

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #294 of 3,060
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #295 of 3,060
Jun 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #298 of 3,060
Quote:
A $530 phone with $70 IEMs is budget? I think you wandered into the wrong end of town.....

I paid $30 for the headphones and bought the phone last year on contract for $299. The phone is also a necessity it's not a dedicated audio device, I'd own it either way.
Also I see PLENTY of people in this thread with iPhones and headphones in the same price range as mine...

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #299 of 3,060
OK I'm just a lot poorer than I realised because however I look at it $300 down + a monthly contract doesn't look budget-fi to me.

Maybe this thread is full of expensive kit but a quick skim of pages shows Sansas and Creatives and Fiio and iPod classic and Superlux and some more Sansas. Also some more Sansas. Mixed in with some other Sansas.

Anyway I think you get the prize for highest priced budget-fi in the thread so far.

Tera Player anyone?

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #300 of 3,060
I paid $30 for the headphones and bought the phone last year on contract for $299. The phone is also a necessity it's not a dedicated audio device, I'd own it either way.
Also I see PLENTY of people in this thread with iPhones and headphones in the same price range as mine...

If you got it for $99 or less on contact, Ok. @$299 your officially disqualified. It's the law of the west!!! (old cartoon reference btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back