Earbuds Round-Up
May 8, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #75,346 of 75,618
I can't seem to find the Openheart Nightingale on Ali? Has anybody got a link, maybe there is a georestriction for the EU?
Here's a link to the OpenHeart Nightingale, you might not be finding it through search since it's not called the Nightingale in the product title but it does list that name in the product description. If that link doesn't work you could try ordering the LCP version of this earbud from XinYue since it's the same earbud; you don't want the regular or Titanium version as other people have said the regular version is horrible and I tested the Titanium version but it has much harsher and sibilant treble. One thing to keep in mind if you order from XinYue is that the only pair of LCP earbuds I got from them had bass warble in the left earbud while all of my sets of the OHN haven't had any issues so their quality control isn't as good. If neither of those links work it's probably not available in the EU, I know @droenald has run into that with several earbuds as well though you're not in the same country so you might luck out if it's not an EU-wide region block.

May 8, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #75,347 of 75,618

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 16-53-09 Page Not Found - Aliexpress.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 16-53-09 Page Not Found - Aliexpress.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #75,348 of 75,618
Let me know if anyone has recommendations for a neutral/reference:/flat type sounding earbuds, budget iems/wireless in ears/half in ears. I currently listen on Sennheiser HD650, ATH-M50x, Shozy Stardust Bk, ST-10, and VE Zen LL. (Looking for budget and high end options). Thanks in advance

May 8, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #75,349 of 75,618
Yeah I can Google it but Ali comes up empty. When I go to the link @trevdawg94 gave me via vpn I see it, but as soon as I log in with my account it is gone...

Well got the Yincrow X6 instead.

From the for us europeans limited choice on Aliexpress I can wholeheartedly recommend the Faaeal Rosemary. It is my favourite set of the ones I own, and I own 2 more expensive sets in the 50-100€ price bracket.
It is a warm sounding Bud with great bass, somewhat relaxed upper mids and nice even sounding treble that actually extends pretty well. To me a very natural sound. I got the balanced vesion with the 2.5mm plug. Comes with a nice selection of high quality foams. The black ones look and feel exactly the same as the Hiegi foams. Uses the 150 ohms blue glue driver which is well regarded in the diy community.
Seeing you are getting the X6, you will then already know if the mx500 shell fits you. 👍
I do not own the X6, so cannot say if the Rosemary is an upgrade to it or more of a sidegrade. For me at least it was an upgrade over everything else I own!

May 8, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #75,350 of 75,618
From the for us europeans limited choice on Aliexpress I can wholeheartedly recommend the Faaeal Rosemary. It is my favourite set of the ones I own, and I own 2 more expensive sets in the 50-100€ price bracket.
It is a warm sounding Bud with great bass, somewhat relaxed upper mids and nice even sounding treble that actually extends pretty well. To me a very natural sound. I got the balanced vesion with the 2.5mm plug. Comes with a nice selection of high quality foams. The black ones look and feel exactly the same as the Hiegi foams. Uses the 150 ohms blue glue driver which is well regarded in the diy community.
Seeing you are getting the X6, you will then already know if the mx500 shell fits you. 👍
I do not own the X6, so cannot say if the Rosemary is an upgrade to it or more of a sidegrade. For me at least it was an upgrade over everything else I own!
I'll Just add it to the wishlist for future reference. Also put the NiceHCK EB2S and the Dunu Alpha 3 on there (Which I would get from HifiGo because I am getting the feeling Ali has started to rip off Europeans, a lot of sellers use higher pricing in Euro's than in Dollars. Hifigo has dollar pricing and just calculates the current rate in Euro).

May 8, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #75,351 of 75,618
A sneak peak of the latest iteration of CAX Black Dragon. The STAX version.

It brings the best details, especially in the mid high frequencies but still have the warmness of the CAX analog house sound signature. The driver is the same with 34 Ohm impedance but it requires more power to perform at full potential due to the cable resistance (EA Cleopatra II).

1000010211.jpg

May 8, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #75,352 of 75,618
A sneak peak of the latest iteration of CAX Black Dragon. The STAX version.

It brings the best details, especially in the mid high frequencies but still have the warmness of the CAX analog house sound signature. The driver is the same with 34 Ohm impedance but it requires more power to perform at full potential due to the cable resistance (EA Cleopatra II).

1000010211.jpg

I am anxiously awaiting my CAX Susvara recable to Leonidas II.... I was actually curious about doing this as an alternative.... Looking v good! :scream:

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #75,353 of 75,618
Let me know if anyone has recommendations for a neutral/reference:/flat type sounding earbuds, budget iems/wireless in ears/half in ears. I currently listen on Sennheiser HD650, ATH-M50x, Shozy Stardust Bk, ST-10, and VE Zen LL. (Looking for budget and high end options). Thanks in advance
This reply is for both of you. How about getting some buds from @RikudouGoku?

Here's his database with the models of the buds he offers and a description of the tuning.

@yelloworange, he offers a handful of buds that are neutral, neutral-warm, neutral-bright, and if you send him a PM, he can make some good suggestions from his buds lineup.

@droenald, if the bud choices on AE are limited for you, I would look at Riku's database and see if he's got some buds that would interest you. He lives and ships from the EU. A very nice guy as well.

@D1N0, I make this suggestion about RikuBuds to you as well.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #75,354 of 75,618
@droenald, if the bud choices on AE are limited for you, I would look at Riku's database and see if he's got some buds that would interest you. He lives and ships from the EU. A very nice guy as well.
Funny that you mention Riku exactly now! I just ordered the Grand Alter Saber 3 from him yesterday. 😁
Already own the Berserker1 from his lineup... And yes, Riku is super nice, you've got the choice for shell colors and cable colors, so you get (at least cosmetically) a totally customized earbud, which is really cool. 👍
And the pricing is not over the top expensive, as in some other builders creations. Also I don't want nor need some fancy box made from exotic wood to come with my earbud purchase. 😉
I'm hoping I'll love the GAS3!

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #75,355 of 75,618
Funny that you mention Riku exactly now! I just ordered the Grand Alter Saber 3 from him yesterday. 😁
Already own the Berserker1 from his lineup... And yes, Riku is super nice, you've got the choice for shell colors and cable colors, so you get (at least cosmetically) a totally customized earbud, which is really cool. 👍
And the pricing is not over the top expensive, as in some other builders creations. Also I don't want nor need some fancy box made from exotic wood to come with my earbud purchase. 😉
Very nice! I hope they "sing" for you.

While you're waiting for them to arrive, checkout this GAS3 review from @baskingshark.

May 9, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #75,356 of 75,618
Congrats! You're gonna find GAS3 to be very different to Berserker 1, so definitely a complementary set! I find GAS3 to be almost a neutral set :)

May 9, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #75,357 of 75,618
Ok so down the rabbit hole we go.
Lun Sheng Aeolian Bells have arrived, but still waiting for the straight cable I ordered to go with it.
IMG_1212.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

I tried them with an earhook mmcx cable but it just wasn’t sitting right so I’ll hold my tongue regarding any sound impressions until tomorrow when the cable SHOULD arrive.

Fit and finish is certainly impressive at this price though, sound as a bell you could say…

May 9, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #75,358 of 75,618
Very nice! I hope they "sing" for you.

While you're waiting for them to arrive, checkout this GAS3 review from @baskingshark.
Thanks! 😊 I read @baskingshark 's review and his Rikubuds Saber 3 Review.
What sold me was a review where somebody compared the Rikubuds Alter Rider 3 vs Saber 3 vs Grand Alter Saber 3. For this reviewer the GAS 3 came out on top of those 3. In the end the reviewer compared it to the RW3000. He posted the link to his very thorough review over at the Rikubuds hangout. I'll repost the link here, as I think it is of interest for anyone here.
https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/goob...game-or-why-are-you-not-as-good-as/35936/1627
Congrats! You're gonna find GAS3 to be very different to Berserker 1, so definitely a complementary set! I find GAS3 to be almost a neutral set :)
I don't have them yet (can'wait!) but thanks! From reading the reviews the Saber 3 might actually fit my preferences better... My reasoning for getting the GAS 3 instead is that it seems to be flawlessly tuned throughout the frequency band paired with great dynamics, staging and imaging. Also I do not own a really neutral sounding set so far. If it really should be too bright leaning for me over time I'll simply apply some eq to the low end.
Am running some sort of EQ on all of the buds I own to adjust them a tiny bit anyway...

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #75,359 of 75,618
20240509_120939.jpg

My LREY flat heads have arrived. Thanks to @ttorbic for orchestrating the joint purchase of these marvellous flatheads.
The W03pro after a few songs is a lovely warm bassy listen with dark treble I would have been happy with the sound of these and singing their praises if not for the Aurora which is a level above in every aspect much more clarity with more detail in the bass and mids and better treble extension. Like a veil being lifted a real headphone experience. All listen done with the Cayin N7 + Topping NX7 using 4.4mm.
Very happy with the whole experience offering crazy value for money.
20240509_121650.jpg

Edit the stage width on the Aurora is so good it took my breath away

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #75,360 of 75,618
@D1N0, I make this suggestion about RikuBuds to you as well.
Noted on the Rabbithole list. I was actually just looking for something to go with the new Venture electronics odo dongle I ordered as backup because my iBasso Dc04 pro has a problematic relationship with my phone. I have some Jcally ep02's of Amazon for podcasts on my walks, but those are too bright for music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back