Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #74,776 of 75,549
Here's a picture of some of us that represent the Watercooler thread.

IMG_2688.jpeg

Wow, what a massive group of geeks!
You guys look awesome, I wish I could join :beerchug:
Super awesome that you guys managed to meet up! He was pretty blown away by TGXEAR 🙌🙌 RIP his wallet though hehe

I've been so happy with my own DIY buds lately (thanks to those in the thread who have been helping me out with them). It would be great at this point to get a reference pair from someone who does it say the highest level. Maybe I need to open my own wallet...

saw some Fiio earbuds at the Fiio booth, nothing new, but the existing Fiio earbuds we already discuss about here.

And sadly - unexpectedly actually - most of the consumers left the flatheads untouched, sigh.

Last year, Pislo brought some high end earbuds from $400 - $1000 USD over, but the reception was poor, so I think manufacturers are seeing the earbud market as very niche amongst audiophiles? Sad but even when I tried to bring one or two acquaintances over to the Fiio earbud area, they were not keen.

This was my experience in Japan shows as well. Very few buds out, and some booths like FiiO willing to bring some out if asked. No interest in general...

I quess it depends on maximum voltage swing the R3ii is able to supply.
@mt877 and @fooltoque have confirmed that the yinman600 works fine with the Qudelix that puts out only 240mw max and a max of 4Vrms.
If the R3ii is able to supply 4VRMS or more it should be fine?

I did say that it 'worked' but also that you're not getting the same experience as others with higher power amps. If you're planning on upgrading the amp later, then by all means get the Yinman now, and enjoy the change in sound you'll get when you change amps.

But if you're not planning on upgrading your amp from the Qudelix, I think there are better options for easier to drive buds.

I was gonna message the store and ask for 4.4mm, but I figured for 150Ω that 3.5mm would be ok (even though many of my other low impedance buds are 4.4mm terminated), so I didn't message them. Then of course, first thing I did (besides taking pictures) was measure the resistance and found they were 32Ω instead of 150Ω as advertised at the store product page. I could complain about it to the AVCCK store, but I know they have the habit of not updating any of their product pages and the buds sound really good. I just decided to post about it and let everyone know what to expect if they decided to buy them.

For sound impression, I did do a short 30 minute A/B listening test between the Yinman 32 and Yinman 600 on a Sony NW ZX-707 (high gain switched on for both phone outs, 3.5mm for the 32's and 4.4mm for the 600's). Like I said before, the 32's sound and tonality is pretty close (not exactly) to the 600's. There was pretty good staging and some of that "3D layering" that the 600's just have effortlessly. We know that the 600's really shine when amped properly. I haven't tried the 32's amped up yet, but I think they will scale with some power.

Here's the link I used when I bought the Yinman 600. If the link fails as well, maybe worth it to message the store, tell them you would like to purchase and ask if they will ship to your location. I find it so weird that AliExpress geo-blocks some products from being purchased, but allows other products from the same store.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832631375111.html

Link to AVCCK Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101243776

I posted a few more thoughts about the Yinman 32 in reply to @qua2k above. Do you have a set of the Yincrow X6? The cable is similar to the cable on the X6, except it is a bit thicker in diameter. From 3.5mm plug to splitter the cable holds some curl, from the splitter to the buds they are pretty straight. Overall the cable is flexible, though not as flexible as the Yinman 600 braided cable.

Speaking of easier to drive buds, this 150/32ohm Yinman might be a better option!

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #74,777 of 75,549
This was my experience in Japan shows as well. Very few buds out, and some booths like FiiO willing to bring some out if asked. No interest in general...
I would think it would be hard to get a very good listen to buds when in a conference setting. There is too much going on in the environment.

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #74,778 of 75,549
This link does not seem to work in the part of the world I live in... 😕
I appreciate the effort though,
Thank you!
Does anybody know of any other way to get them in Europe/Belgium?
You can get them from Taobao (which is where the actual maker has a store) as well.

Keep in mind, for those ordering from AE, there are two versions of the 600. I don't know how good/bad the OG ones are, but if you are wanting the ones that everyone on here is talking about they are actually and officially called the New Yinman 2.0 600. And, you should always message the seller (anytime you order from AVCCK) and ask which version you are ordering (or tell them which one you want), and let them know the termination you want. They should send you a picture and confirm what connection you want, then you can proceed to purchase. This normally is a pretty quick process (well, it was for me and a few others on here that got them a long time ago).

The low rating is not because the store is just terrible (AFAIK), or that QC is bad. It is because everything is so confusing, and product pictures are wrong, etc... Messaging them prior to buying alleviates all the confusion and hassle. If you follow this guideline you will not be disappointed with your purchase experience (most likely).

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #74,779 of 75,549
I was reviewing @WoodyLuvr's Longyao Yinman timeline to figure out what version of Yinman 32Ω bud I got. Per the timeline notes, there's only 2 Longyao Yinman buds currently available. The 2021 release, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 and the 2022 release, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE.

That could only mean I received the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 in 32Ω. The color and cable description certainly matches, "ebony black", "black OFC cable" with "3.5TRS" plug.

Edit: The Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 was also released with 150Ω version. I'm not sure if the AVCCK store also has that version.

One other thing I noticed in the timeline is that the terminations that we like to request might already be manufactured and all we are really doing is asking the seller to send the version with the termination we want (if available). The Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 only come with 3.5TRS and 3.5TRRS, while the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE only come with 3.5TRS, 2.5TRRS and 4.4TRRRS. So it might be impossible to get the Green Bull with a 4.4TRRRS plug since it's not available that way from the factory.

YEARREISSUEMODELΩSHELLCOLOR# PORTSSTEMCABLESPLITTERSLIDERPLUGCONNECTORNOTES
2016~Yinman 音曼 150150sandalwood
bell-horn
light to medium yellowish-brown6short; clear rubberfixedclear rubber
or metal
clear rubber
or plastic
clear rubber
or metal
3.5TRS98 dB/mW
2016~Yinman 音曼 500500sandalwood
bell-horn
light to medium brown6short; clear rubberfixedclear rubberclear rubber
or plastic
clear rubber3.5TRS96 dB/mW
2016~Yinman 音曼 600~640sandalwood
bell-horn
light to dark reddish-brown6short; clear rubberfixedclear rubberclear rubber
or plastic
clear rubber3.5TRS95 dB/mW
2016~Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 150150sandalwood
bell-horn
light to dark, yellowish to reddish-brown6short; black rubberfixedmetalclear rubber
or plastic
metal
L-type
3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
96 dB/mW
2016~Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 500500sandalwood
bell-horn
light to dark yellowish-brown6short; black rubberfixedmetalclear rubber
or plastic
metal
L-type
3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
96 dB/mW
Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX~600purple sandalwood
bell-horn
light to dark reddish-brown;
ebony black
6 / 8~mmcxclear rubber or plasticclear rubber
or plastic
metal3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
4.4TRRRS
95-96 dB/mW;
reissued as Longyao-Yinman
龙谣音曼
2017~Yinman 音曼 6464plastic
mx500
black
white
~~fixedplastic~plastic
L-type
3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
96 dB/mW
black OFC cable
white OFC cable
2019~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR0832 / 150rosewood
bell-horn
light to dark yellowish-brown6 + 1long; woodenfixedwooden~wooden3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
4.4TRRRS
32Ω=103 dB/mW
150Ω=98 dB/mW
2021~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR0932purple sandalwood
bell-horn
medium to dark reddish-brown (early models);
ebony black (late models)
8 + 1long; woodenfixedwoodenwooden ballmetal3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
2.5TRRS
4.4TRRRS
Multi-Plug
99.5 dB/mW
single or three/four-plug option
2021~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛32 / 150purple sandalwood
bell-horn
ebony black8 + 1long; woodenfixedmetal or noneblack plastic or nonemetal3.5TRS
3.5TRRS
TYPE-C
32Ω=103 dB/mW
150Ω=110 dB/mW
black OFC cable
2022~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE600purple sandalwood
bell-horn
ebony black8 +1long; woodenfixed~~metal3.5TRS
2.5TRRS
4.4TRRRS
87 dB/mW
limited edition
2023?~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 ???32 / 150? color ?
metal
? shape ?
??~2-pin~~~?
?
?
32Ω=?? dB/mW
150Ω=?? dB/mW
2023?~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 ???80 / 600? color ?
metal
? shape ?
??~2-pin~~~?
?
?
80Ω=?? dB/mW
600Ω=?? dB/mW
2024~Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 3.0 醇净 600 ?600? color ?
sandalwood
bell-horn
??~2-pin~~~?
?
?
600Ω=?? dB/mW

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #74,780 of 75,549
Speaking of easier to drive buds, this 150/32ohm Yinman might be a better option!
True, but neither of the yinmans will happen in my geographical location via AliExpress... 😐
You can get them from Taobao (which is where the actual maker has a store) as well.
Checked the site briefly and realized pretty quickly that I would have to invest some (as in too much!) time to understand how to place an order. 🥴
But if you're not planning on upgrading your amp from the Qudelix, I think there are better options for easier to drive buds.
This is probably what I am looking at now, as the yinmans are no longer an option. Having my eyes on the Rikubuds Saber 3 or Alter Rider 3. Read the reviews from @baskingshark about those two and they seem good value, totl or close at around 130€. I own the Rikubuds Berserker1 - am not too happy with the sound signature however. I actually went back to using the Faaeal Iris 2.0 with some EQ via the Qudelix.
Am still shying away from TGXEars earbuds, the pricing just scares me off.
Yincrow earbuds are definitely not happening, bought the yincrow calf as my first earbuds about 8 months ago and dislike them very much...
My experiences so far tell me I want a slightly warm signature with absolutely smooth and fatique free upper mids.
Does anyone have any other suggestions besides the rikubuds that I should investigate? 😊

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #74,781 of 75,549
True, but neither of the yinmans will happen in my geographical location via AliExpress... 😐

Checked the site briefly and realized pretty quickly that I would have to invest some (as in too much!) time to understand how to place an order. 🥴

This is probably what I am looking at now, as the yinmans are no longer an option. Having my eyes on the Rikubuds Saber 3 or Alter Rider 3. Read the reviews from @baskingshark about those two and they seem good value, totl or close at around 130€. I own the Rikubuds Berserker1 - am not too happy with the sound signature however. I actually went back to using the Faaeal Iris 2.0 with some EQ via the Qudelix.
Yincrow earbuds are definitely not happening, bought the yincrow calf as my first earbuds about 8 months ago and dislike them very much...
My experiences so far tell me I want a slightly warm signature with absolutely smooth and fatique free upper mids.
Does anyone have any other suggestions besides the rikubuds that I should investigate? 😊
You may be able to find a set of Ripples (also TGXear) on the used market for around the price of the Yinmans. Also a warmer bud, with beautiful timbre and dynamics. Still one of my favorite sets, in spite of their having been surpassed by other models. Also much easier to drive.

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #74,782 of 75,549
I spent most of today comparing my new Yincrow rw-4000 to the rw-3000 I've had for a year. And my conclusion is I'm probably not much of an audiophile because I can't notice the difference xD
So I'm strongly considering returning the rw-4000. I think they're a bit comfier though. The material seems smoother, and maybe even lighter? Regardless, I don't think it's worth the $480 Canadian I spent, unless I want to keep them and have the rw-3000 as a spare.

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #74,783 of 75,549
I spent most of today comparing my new Yincrow rw-4000 to the rw-3000 I've had for a year. And my conclusion is I'm probably not much of an audiophile because I can't notice the difference xD
So I'm strongly considering returning the rw-4000. I think they're a bit comfier though. The material seems smoother, and maybe even lighter? Regardless, I don't think it's worth the $480 Canadian I spent, unless I want to keep them and have the rw-3000 as a spare.
I've been listening to tunes with the RW-4000 everyday since I got them and I can say that there is a clear difference between the RW-4k and RW-3k. Just a simple quick comparison here. The 3k has more of a bass range, and because of that they have a more full body sound presentation, but this also means the bass can hide / veil some details in the music. The 4k still has excellent bass, but the mid to upper bass is reduced somewhat which allows more of the midrange to breathe and come to life. To me the presentation from the 4k is very engaging, just draws me into the music, while the 3k feels a little laid back due to it's bass presentation and reduced clarity. I actually like both buds for their different attributes, but I can fully understand weighing the cost of the 4k if you are happy with the 3k.

Do you subscribe to any streaming service like Spotify, Amazon, Tidal, etc.? If you do, do me a favor and listen to one tune for me with both 4k and 3k. Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo. It runs for a little more than 13 minutes and is all instrumental. You will hear a full gamut of instruments, brass, drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, xylophone... anyway this Zappa tune is a technical monster. I am a huge Zappa fan and I don't expect you to be a fan or have even listened to his music, but I think you will hear a big difference between the 4k and 3k buds just listening to this one tune. I hope you can listen to The Grand Wazoo with both buds and see if you hear some difference between the 4k and 3k.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #74,784 of 75,549
Yeah, I highly recommend going to Taobao as well. There are a lot of Chinese market exclusive audio gear, electronics, early product releases, and other niche products in there, though it can be pretty difficult at first. (AliExpress also have troublesome to use UI too) looool. It's better to just use Google, then add AliExpress/Taobao next to the search term.
The low rating is not because the store is just terrible (AFAIK), or that QC is bad. It is because everything is so confusing, and product pictures are wrong, etc... Messaging them prior to buying alleviates all the confusion and hassle. If you follow this guideline you will not be disappointed with your purchase experience (most likely).
PM is key, lol. It really helps talking to them when ordering, especially when you encounter a problem regarding your order. The majority of Chinese sellers I've encountered over the years buying online have been really accommodating and helpful to me.
I was reviewing @WoodyLuvr's Longyao Yinman timeline to figure out what version of Yinman 32Ω bud I got. Per the timeline notes, there's only 2 Longyao Yinman buds currently available. The 2021 release, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 and the 2022 release, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 醇净 600 LE.
Is WoodyLuvr's earbuds timeline still getting updated? It's been really useful for me. I really appreciate the intensive effort put into it. I learned quite a lot. I doubt there will ever be something similar to it for IEMs lol.😂

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #74,785 of 75,549
I've been so happy with my own DIY buds lately (thanks to those in the thread who have been helping me out with them). It would be great at this point to get a reference pair from someone who does it say the highest level. Maybe I need to open my own wallet...
It's something I've been doing. I learned quite a lot about doing DIYs that way, some may find it a bit of taboo thought (because they want to keep their tuning a secret).
I did say that it 'worked' but also that you're not getting the same experience as others with higher power amps. If you're planning on upgrading the amp later, then by all means get the Yinman now, and enjoy the change in sound you'll get when you change amps.

I 100% agree with this, but the thing with Qudelix is that it has an internal battery, so either way he or she will be forced to get a replacement battery (though it's pretty easy to replace) or just upgrade in the future.
I'm quite curious what driver they're using with these lower impedance versions.🤔
You may be able to find a set of Ripples (also TGXear) on the used market for around the price of the Yinmans. Also a warmer bud, with beautiful timbre and dynamics. Still one of my favorite sets, in spite of their having been surpassed by other models. Also much easier to drive.
After auditioning a pair from a friend, it's a great alternative worth considering because it doesn't require a nuclear-powered amp to be able to drive it lol.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #74,786 of 75,549
Well so much for my spiel on how I keep my purchases in check, this talk of a cheaper and easier to drive alternative to the Yinman 600 has piqued my interest. Since everyone says you need to contact AVCCK before you purchase to make sure you get what you want I sent them a message about what I would receive if I bought the Yinman "150 Ohm". At first they were trying to push me towards the 600:
你好600欧声音更加完美[Smile]
H0762e6c577284952a208564343fade4ek.png

Hello.600 European sound more perfect[Smile]
When I told them I wanted something easier to power and what I would get if I bought the item @mt877 linked I got this message:
你好图片显示高端品质[Smile]
H0762e6c577284952a208564343fade4ek.png

Hello.Picture displayHigh-end quality[Smile]
And this picture:
Sa2afaea6903b41148b0a0de368b5880dY.jpg

So now I'm not sure what to think, as I had originally asked in my first message whether it would measure at 32 ohm and have a 3.5 mm plug. If this is the 32 ohm version of the Green Bull then it should come with a 3.5 mm plug according to the research mt877 did from WoodyLuvr's Yinman timeline in this post. I'm starting to understand the frustration people have with AVCCK and why their ratings are so low even though they sell good products. I know there's a language barrier but if they would just update their listings so you could be sure you were getting what you want this wouldn't be an issue. If anyone has any tips of what I need say and if I need to phrase it differently so it comes across correctly in translation I would appreciate it.

I tried using Taobao but to just do a search you have to create and account (wth???) and I can't get any of my browser's built-in translation tools or translation extensions to translate the security puzzle pop-up. Searching for it only brings up the AliExpress listings so I'm wondering if the Taobao listings are in Chinese. I would rather avoid Taobao anyway but if that's where I have to buy it from to make sure I'm getting what I want then I'm willing to try again if anyone has any tips for getting started.

I'm starting to think that this is a sign that I'm not meant to have this earbud lol (as if I needed anymore anyway...). I know I could go with the 600 ohm and my 5K would drive it well enough but I know there would always be that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I wasn't hearing them at their best. That thought would eventually lead to the slippery slope of much more expensive amps and DACs that I don't want to go down yet.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #74,787 of 75,549

IMO the Calf is a pretty poor showing from Yincrow compared to the Rhino or RW-2000, and the RW-3000 is considered to be TOTL alongside Fiio's FF5. I don't think I've listened to the Calf since I got my Rhino around nine months ago other than to A/B test between sources. I found with the Calf that there wasn't a huge difference in sound quality between lower-end devices with more limited codec selection such as TRN's BT3S Pro and mid-tier sources with LDAC support such as Qudelix's 5K. With the Rhino I was easily able to notice a difference even between mid-tier sources such as Hiby's WU1 and the Qudelix 5K, the same goes for the RW-2000. But I also liked the sound of the Calf enough to take the chance of buying the Rhino before there were any reviews and before I even knew this thread existed so take my opinion with a grain of salt. With that said I still wouldn't completely write off Yincrow without at least giving some of their other options a chance. Though if there's something that's an absolute deal breaker with Yincrow's tuning it would help narrow the recommendations you receive.

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #74,788 of 75,549
Well so much for my spiel on how I keep my purchases in check, this talk of a cheaper and easier to drive alternative to the Yinman 600 has piqued my interest.
I used to be like that lol. That's why back then I tried my hardest not to use online shopping sites and apps, but because of the pandemic, I'm forced into it to get my daily necessities. I couldn't hold on much longer and started splurging more into my hobbies. The more I look at my purchase history, the more I get overwhelmed by my spendings.😵‍💫
So now I'm not sure what to think, as I had originally asked in my first message whether it would measure at 32 ohm and have a 3.5 mm plug. If this is the 32 ohm version of the Green Bull then it should come with a 3.5 mm plug according to the research mt877 did from WoodyLuvr's Yinman timeline in this post. I'm starting to understand the frustration people have with AVCCK and why their ratings are so low even though they sell good products. I know there's a language barrier but if they would just update their listings so you could be sure you were getting what you want this wouldn't be an issue. If anyone has any tips of what I need say and if I need to phrase it differently so it comes across correctly in translation I would appreciate it.
You can try oversimplifying your words or using Google Translate or DeepL to speak to them directly in Mandarin. (Can get a lil bit troublesome)
I tried using Taobao but to just do a search you have to create and account (wth???) and I can't get any of my browser's built-in translation tools or translation extensions to translate the security puzzle pop-up. Searching for it only brings up the AliExpress listings so I'm wondering if the Taobao listings are in Chinese. I would rather avoid Taobao anyway but if that's where I have to buy it from to make sure I'm getting what I want then I'm willing to try again if anyone has any tips for getting started.
Lol I had the same experience being forced to make an account or log in just to use the website. I would suggest using Google Lens with another phone to translate the security puzzle.
I'm starting to think that this is a sign that I'm not meant to have this earbud lol (as if I needed anymore anyway...). I know I could go with the 600 ohm and my 5K would drive it well enough but I know there would always be that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I wasn't hearing them at their best. That thought would eventually lead to the slippery slope of much more expensive amps and DACs that I don't want to go down yet.
I feel you.😩

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #74,789 of 75,549
I used to be like that lol. That's why back then I tried my hardest not to use online shopping sites and apps, but because of the pandemic, I'm forced into it to get my daily necessities. I couldn't hold on much longer and started splurging more into my hobbies. The more I look at my purchase history, the more I get overwhelmed by my spendings.😵‍💫
When you live in the middle of nowhere with the closest semi-large town over 90 miles away and a decent sized city almost 250 miles away you don't really have any other option lol. It also doesn't help that I've been dealing with major health issues the past couple of years so I rely heavily on technology to take my mind off of things and keep myself sane. And when I was healthy I ran an electronics retail and repair store so I already went way beyond what most people do in terms of online ordering from suppliers.
You can try oversimplifying your words or using Google Translate or DeepL to speak to them directly in Mandarin. (Can get a lil bit troublesome)
Yeah I'm going to have to run it through both a couple of times and see what I get out, just wanted to see what other people had said and what messages they received back.
Lol I had the same experience being forced to make an account or log in just to use the website. I would suggest using Google Lens with another phone to translate the security puzzle.
I just had a major duh moment LMAO, I'm so used to auto translate or at least being able to select words and have a translation pop-up that I haven't used Lens in so long I forgot about it. Got past that now I just have to figure out the phrasing I need to use to find it lol, sometimes half the battle of finding something on AliExpress is figuring out what word soup the translator spat out.
I feel you.😩
The FOMO is impossible to escape either way LMAO

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #74,790 of 75,549
Is WoodyLuvr's earbuds timeline still getting updated? It's been really useful for me. I really appreciate the intensive effort put into it. I learned quite a lot. I doubt there will ever be something similar to it for IEMs lol.😂
Unfortunately it isn't being updated anymore. @Ace Bee took it over when he was fully enthusiastic about earbuds, but hasn't been around much these days, so maybe his interest has wained. The Timeline is a great resource and it can only survive and really deserves to be looked after by someone as dedicated and who loves (loved) earbuds as much as our dearly missed @WoodyLuvr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back