Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 10, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #74,326 of 75,869
I need some help choosing my new earbuds. Former IEM user here and in love with nicehck eb2s comfort and sound, but they lack bass. A lot of bass, maybe.
Unfortunatelly I'm restricted to AliExpress and my budget is only 50 USD (if it costs one penny more, I have to pay twice it's price in taxes.)... So, no Fiio FF3 ☹️

I've read some good comments about Aeolian Bells and Temperament x6. But I don't have a cable to the first one (accepting cheap and good recomendations). Do they have good bass and would be an upgrade? Any other recomendations? Fiio FF1?

I listen basicaly to black metal, shoegaze and ambient stuff like Maeror Tri. I have a Moondrop Dawn Pro and a 4.4 2 pins cable.

Thanks, guys!
My go to recs for budget bass are Yincrow X6 and Faaeal Iris 2.0.

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #74,327 of 75,869
Thanks for sharing your find!

There's so many options to choose from, I simply cannot pick one. Lol. Maybe I'll just play it safe and get a lower ohm set. As I'm not sure if my phone will push enough to give those 300ohm's the amount to really shine. Portable is the main way I listen.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell without (potentially) writing to the maker because they didn't bother to list the sensitivity on the AE page. If it were something like 110dB/mW then I would say that you are safe, but if it is something like the Yinman 600s, then you would only be able to drive them at lower volume levels.

Keep in mind, that even if you didn't match or exceed the power requirements, you might like the sound coming from them either way. :)
I need some help choosing my new earbuds. Former IEM user here and in love with nicehck eb2s comfort and sound, but they lack bass. A lot of bass, maybe.
Unfortunatelly I'm restricted to AliExpress and my budget is only 50 USD (if it costs one penny more, I have to pay twice it's price in taxes.)... So, no Fiio FF3 ☹️

I've read some good comments about Aeolian Bells and Temperament x6. But I don't have a cable to the first one (accepting cheap and good recomendations). Do they have good bass and would be an upgrade? Any other recomendations? Fiio FF1?

I listen basicaly to black metal, shoegaze and ambient stuff like Maeror Tri. I have a Moondrop Dawn Pro and a 4.4 2 pins cable.

Thanks, guys!
For what you are looking for, I would definitely go with the FF1. They are something like $20, and come with some of the best accessories for a budget bud that I have seen. Aeolian Bells are fantastic, but they only have a bit more quantity of bass than the EB2S. You could also try the Yincrow X6 as they also have a full sound, but I find the FF1 to be more refined for the little money you pay. This is just my $.02 of course and YMMV.
Can you tell me some keywords to type into aliexpress to search for it? My phone is taking me to the main page rather than a link to the product. Appreciate it
The title of the page is:
DIY earphone head mmcx pluggable (without cable) blue film/carbon film/gold film 32ohms/80ohms/300ohms
and the store they are listed under is Chitty's Store. Or, if all that fails, you can go directly to their DIY earbuds page HERE.

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #74,328 of 75,869
Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell without (potentially) writing to the maker because they didn't bother to list the sensitivity on the AE page. If it were something like 110dB/mW then I would say that you are safe, but if it is something like the Yinman 600s, then you would only be able to drive them at lower volume levels.

Keep in mind, that even if you didn't match or exceed the power requirements, you might like the sound coming from them either way. :)

For what you are looking for, I would definitely go with the FF1. They are something like $20, and come with some of the best accessories for a budget bud that I have seen. Aeolian Bells are fantastic, but they only have a bit more quantity of bass than the EB2S. You could also try the Yincrow X6 as they also have a full sound, but I find the FF1 to be more refined for the little money you pay. This is just my $.02 of course and YMMV.

The title of the page is:

and the store they are listed under is Chitty's Store. Or, if all that fails, you can go directly to their DIY earbuds page HERE.
Thank you found it

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #74,330 of 75,869
I discovered something interesting that I wanted to share. This earbud on Aliexpress is apparently very similar to the TGxear Serratus. I ordered the 300ohm blue version of this earbud and put one of my soft mmcx cables on it. Then i took a measurement of the Serratus and made an eq profile that should result in a balanced sound. It worked on my new earbud. Apparently the tuning matches the Serratus exactly. After some burn in time I do have to say that this new earbud has very good imagining and can sound very relaxed. It is really good for gaming and I prefer it over headphones for gaming. I will keep rocking this earbud and i am gonna finish some games I want to beat with it.

Have i mentioned that it apparently sounds better after burning it in? It is almost like the sound is improving.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005...t_main.47.21ef5c5faFC07J&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu
What do you like about them?

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #74,331 of 75,869

Thanks, guys!
you could try some Faaeal Iris or snow lotus, they perform way above their price and deliver some good amount of bass

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #74,333 of 75,869
So far, ordered by price.

Faaeal Iris 2.0
Faaeal Snow Lotus
Yincrow X6
Fiio FF1
Temperament X6
DIY earbud 300 ohm blue film.

What about Temperament X6?

Btw, do you know any cheap and good player under 50 bucks with 4.4? Moondrop Dawn Pro disconects if it moves too much on my pocket.
I think you should look away from FF1 :)))

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #74,334 of 75,869

Thanks, guys!
See my post here. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-17932462

The Iris 2.0 is a good budget bud, but it has somewhat less bass than this one.

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #74,336 of 75,869
Thanks for checking these out! I saw them and wondered how they compared to the Serratus. `Any comments from any of the DIY people on this driver/build?
It is tunned just stock, medium HS on driver, nothing on shell. They sound great. Fun, bassy sound, bass goes realy deep, big rumble, mids recessed a little, treble safe, not harsh. Thats all i can remember. It is easy to remove the shell, so easy to retune them.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #74,337 of 75,869
I discovered something interesting that I wanted to share. This earbud on Aliexpress is apparently very similar to the TGxear Serratus. I ordered the 300ohm blue version of this earbud and put one of my soft mmcx cables on it. Then i took a measurement of the Serratus and made an eq profile that should result in a balanced sound. It worked on my new earbud. Apparently the tuning matches the Serratus exactly. After some burn in time I do have to say that this new earbud has very good imagining and can sound very relaxed. It is really good for gaming and I prefer it over headphones for gaming. I will keep rocking this earbud and i am gonna finish some games I want to beat with it.

Have i mentioned that it apparently sounds better after burning it in? It is almost like the sound is improving.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005...t_main.47.21ef5c5faFC07J&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu
Wait, so what you're saying, if i understand it correctly, is that that DIY mmcx 300ohms buds sounds identical to the Serratus?

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #74,338 of 75,869

Faaeal Iris 2.0
Faaeal Snow Lotus
Yincrow X6
Fiio FF1
Temperament X6

Btw, do you know any cheap and good player under 50 bucks with 4.4? Moondrop Dawn Pro disconects if it moves too much on my pocket.
You should buy Temperament LBBS - it's much better than both Temperament X6 and Yincrow X6.
It's 48$, and there are last 5 units available on AliExpress (it's not made anymore):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001464323686.html

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #74,339 of 75,869
You should buy Temperament LBBS - it's much better than both Temperament X6 and Yincrow X6.
It's 48$, and there are last 5 units available on AliExpress (it's not made anymore):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001464323686.html
I've had LBBS for several years now, and I recently bought a Temperament X6. These are completely different earbuds. The X6 is good for a noisy street, it has a powerful bass and good detail. Unfortunately, the cable has massive fittings and often gets tangled. LBBS are very balanced earbuds, it is better to listen to them, for example, in the forest, in silence.
IMG20240216232443.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #74,340 of 75,869

Faaeal Iris 2.0
Faaeal Snow Lotus
Yincrow X6
Fiio FF1
Temperament X6

I'd say you're off to a great flats start. The Faael Iris 2.0n surprised the hell out of me. And they respond really well to eq if that's your thing. But the default sound is good as is really

Please post back when you get both Faael's. I'd like to know your thoughts between the two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back