Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #73,561 of 75,210
Thanks! It does sound like they'd fit me well. My only concern is their super low impedance. My FF5s are already picking up quite a bit of hum from the amp at 45ohm. I'm guessing the 16ohm on the Yincrows would exacerbate the issue, right?
I just read a review of the iFi Zen Can amp at ASR. It looks like the Zen Can performs best when driving high impedance transducers. That means you'll have to get a different amp if you want to enjoy low impedance head gear.

Anyway, here's a few high impedance recc's:
RY4S Black 300Ω - Don't let the low price (~$12.00) fool you. These budget buds are bang for buck high impedance earbuds that sound really good when driven properly and should be a good match for the Zen Can. Heck they are so cheap just throw them in your shopping cart, you will be surprised at the sound quality. They don't include a cable, so get some mmcx cables from their store if you don't have spares.

Puresounds PS100 600Ω and @baskingshark already suggested the Yinman 600Ω. The Yinman 600's store picture has not been updated.
This is the current version, wooden shell and stem. Standard with 3.5mmSE plug, but you can message them and request 4.4mmBal plug at no extra cost.

12107707.jpg

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #73,562 of 75,210
I just read a review of the iFi Zen Can amp at ASR. It looks like the Zen Can performs best when driving high impedance transducers. That means you'll have to get a different amp if you want to enjoy low impedance head gear.

Anyway, here's a few high impedance recc's:
RY4S Black 300Ω - Don't let the low price (~$12.00) fool you. These budget buds are bang for buck high impedance earbuds that sound really good when driven properly and should be a good match for the Zen Can. Heck they are so cheap just throw them in your shopping cart, you will be surprised at the sound quality. They don't include a cable, so get some mmcx cables from their store if you don't have spares.

Puresounds PS100 600Ω and @baskingshark already suggested the Yinman 600Ω. The Yinman 600's store picture has not been updated.
This is the current version, wooden shell and stem. Standard with 3.5mmSE plug, but you can message them and request 4.4mmBal plug at no extra cost.
Thank you! Is there a store that ships the Yinman 600s to Europe? I'm getting a "page missing/item not available in your country" on your links and struggling to find these anywhere outside of Aliexpress.

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #73,563 of 75,210
Thank you! Is there a store that ships the Yinman 600s to Europe? I'm getting a "page missing/item not available in your country" on your links and struggling to find these anywhere outside of Aliexpress.
I don't have any other links. Taobao links added for possible purchase through a Taobao purchasing agent. The Puresounds PS100 600Ω also comes from the same AE store (AVCCK Earphones Store). From past discussion, it was mentioned that Longyao / Yinman earbuds could be purchased on Taobao, but Taobao is strictly a Chinese language store for direct China purchases not international unless you use a Taobao purchasing agent service.

Anyway, here's the links for Taobao stores Store #1 and Store #2 thanks to retired earbuds aficionado @WoodyLuvr (see this post). Please read his old post, there's great information about the Longyao Yinman earbuds there.

Edit: It couldn't hurt to try sending a message to the AVCCK store and see if they will ship to your country even though their AE store does not list the item for sale to your region.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #73,564 of 75,210
How long have you used them though?

The last 3 chinese buds ranged from dead on arrival, a few months, to 2 years. This is a really bad record.
Sorry for your bad experience. I have 20 year old buds that still work fine, I have recently bought about 15 sets of drivers with none DOA.

Personal experience is one thing, but I am certainly not reading here or elsewhere that people are experience major quality issues.

I hope you find what you need :xf_smile:

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #73,565 of 75,210
After doing some reading within this thread and from recommendation of multiple users here, I'm going for Yincrow RW-1000. Really appreciate the inputs.
But local online seller said that they don't have the one that says bass pro version, as they only have the "Daniu Pro Version". They told me this is the bass version.

I'm not sure if this is the bass pro version, the original, or is it something else?
Impedance is 24ohm so it's not the high impedance version.

The box looks something like this (got this from google):

Does anyone have any idea what variant of the RW-1000 is this? Is this really the bass version?

-----

Update:
Also found this review in AE, says they have the bass boosted with box that says Daniu Pro Version.
Not official Yincrow seller or whatever, but only options available are 80ohm and Bass Boosted Version.
My assumption is that the latest batches might only have two variant, but the bass version is now called the Daniu Pro (?) there's no way there's fakes for these kinds of things right. Most of the conversation about the original vs the bass pro is mostly within 2020 to early 2021, then I gues the Rw-2000 came out then nobody really talk about the RW-1000 anymore so that nobody is really talking about the 1000s getting their name changed in the new batch (?)

Optional variants: only bass boosted or 80ohm, with different jack/plug sizes
Did you get them? If so, how are they.. both this and 2000 is available where I live but the price on this is very attractive I must say to try.

Is it good? Supposedly big soundstage...

I see a "Daniel"! Version at https://www.theaudiostore.in/products/yincrow-rw-1000-daniel-enhanced-version-wired-earbuds?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #73,567 of 75,210
Did you get them? If so, how are they.. both this and 2000 is available where I live but the price on this is very attractive I must say to try.

Is it good? Supposedly big soundstage...

I see a "Daniel"! Version at https://www.theaudiostore.in/products/yincrow-rw-1000-daniel-enhanced-version-wired-earbuds?
Just an FYI, found the RW-1000 bass boosted and 80Ω versions that have either 2.5mmBal, 3.5mmSE or 4.4mmBal cables are still available at AE.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256802620624676.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2255800225984505.html

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #73,568 of 75,210
Just an FYI, found the RW-1000 bass boosted and 80Ω versions that have either 2.5mmBal, 3.5mmSE or 4.4mmBal cables are still available at AE.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256802620624676.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2255800225984505.html
Thanks! Ali-Ex don't deliver to my place. But both these yincrow rws 1000-bass (16 ohms) and 2000, and fiio ff5 are available at a audio store in my country. Now the small matter of deciding which to get. I have outsourced that decision to @o0genesis0o :)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #73,569 of 75,210
Thanks! Ali-Ex don't deliver to my place. But both these yincrow rws 1000-bass (16 ohms) and 2000, and fiio ff5 are available at a audio store in my country. Now the small matter of deciding which to get. I have outsourced that decision to @o0genesis0o :)
If you're interested in boosted bass you can take ff5 off the list

Jan 11, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #73,571 of 75,210
Ah, that's too bad the buds aren't available for you. I do wonder why some items on AE are geo-blocked. Sometimes I find some interesting earbuds on AE, but blocked from shipping to the US, but probably available to EU or Asia countries. Oh well. If you get them please share your impressions.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #73,573 of 75,210
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #73,574 of 75,210
Good gravy this is a long thread now!! :frowning2:
I last participated years back and ended up with the Yuin PK1 and the Shozy BK Stardust. I checked the first post again, but it looks like lots of old earbuds, so I'm guessing it hasn't been updated.

I recently upgraded my source to a Hiby RS6, and while comparing with other headphones, it's become clear that although I love every other aspect of them, the Shozys have some sort fatiguing treble that really bothers me. The PK1 don't have the treble spike, but also don't have the bass depth, and are congested in comparison to the Shozys.

Given the RS6 it's endgame for me, what are the best of the best ear buds? I may get IEMs in future, but I need buds for work so I can hear others around me and take them out easily.

In terms of tonal characteristic, I want mostly neutral but with every do slightly relaxed/rolled off treble around 1-3kHz (is that the "Harman curve"?) It's ok if they have a slight bass boost, but I DEFINITELY value hearing fast individual bass notes and note texture over "slam".

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #73,575 of 75,210
Good gravy this is a long thread now!! :frowning2:
I last participated years back and ended up with the Yuin PK1 and the Shozy BK Stardust. I checked the first post again, but it looks like lots of old earbuds, so I'm guessing it hasn't been updated.

I recently upgraded my source to a Hiby RS6, and while comparing with other headphones, it's become clear that although I love every other aspect of them, the Shozys have some sort fatiguing treble that really bothers me. The PK1 don't have the treble spike, but also don't have the bass depth, and are congested in comparison to the Shozys.

Given the RS6 it's endgame for me, what are the best of the best ear buds? I may get IEMs in future, but I need buds for work so I can hear others around me and take them out easily.

In terms of tonal characteristic, I want mostly neutral but with every do slightly relaxed/rolled off treble around 1-3kHz (is that the "Harman curve"?) It's ok if they have a slight bass boost, but I DEFINITELY value hearing fast individual bass notes and note texture over "slam".

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!
Check out rikubuds. I reached out to him on IG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back