Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 4, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #70,561 of 75,523
Hello! I read @WoodyLuvr's review on the Yinman 600. Does anyone know which is the one he reviews? There's a "new yinman 600ohm" from AVCCK Earphones Store or a "senior yinman 600ohm" from AACKCK Earphones Store? When it says black or grey, the pictures don't match; do they distinguish versions at all, or as it seems, is that just color...

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #70,562 of 75,523
Hello! I read @WoodyLuvr's review on the Yinman 600. Does anyone know which is the one he reviews? There's a "new yinman 600ohm" from AVCCK Earphones Store or a "senior yinman 600ohm" from AACKCK Earphones Store? When it says black or grey, the pictures don't match; do they distinguish versions at all, or as it seems, is that just color...
This is the correct one as far as I know.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $118.37 11% Off | NEW YINMAN 600 ohm High Impedance In Ear Earphone 600ohm Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs HIFI Earbud Earphone Limite
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPmBajE

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #70,563 of 75,523
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $118.37 11% Off | NEW YINMAN 600 ohm High Impedance In Ear Earphone 600ohm Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs HIFI Earbud Earphone Limite
That’s the one I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Seller was very accommodating and put a longer cable and 4.4mm on mine. As far as I know, black is the only option.

To echo what everyone else has said about them, these are an amazing pair of buds and are probably my favorite right now. I spent a lovely afternoon listening to some Cannonball Adderley with these out of my H7. Wonderful combination.

Jul 4, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #70,564 of 75,523
Okay, who can tell me about Kobe Audio earbuds? I see them in @Ace Bee ’s signature, and they’re in a pricing bracket that isn’t getting disqualifying for my budget.

But what are some of the impressions on them anyone has, before I start considering blind buying because the driver color is pretty? 🤦🏾‍♂️
Me. You should ask me. I have the Hades 130 ohm already, and placed order for Poseidon, CNT32, Persephone (unreleased yet), and Marshmallow (unreleased yet). Do not have them with me yet - still under preparation.

But yeah, the shipping cost is scary. That's why I am clubbing several orders into one. I have ordered total 9 buds from LREY, Kobe Audio, Shaytan Customs, All Ears, and Korven to make the most of the shipping cost.

If you are not going to order that many, but want a very good quality bud at around 100 USD, I suggest you Apollo Gold Story mmcx earbud with Black Mamba mmcx cable - together comes to about 114 USD.

Gold Story
Black Mamba

You can message him. His English is a bit shaky, but if you're serious he will have one of his friends talk with you who has/heard all of Apollo buds and is fluent in English.

@WoodyLuvr you might start a timeline of Apollo earbuds. He's from Bangkok. He has some established models and from my experience with Gold Story they are going to be good.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #70,565 of 75,523
Me. You should ask me. I have the Hades 130 ohm already, and placed order for Poseidon, CNT32, Persephone (unreleased yet), and Marshmallow (unreleased yet). Do not have them with me yet - still under preparation.

But yeah, the shipping cost is scary. That's why I am clubbing several orders into one. I have ordered total 9 buds from LREY, Kobe Audio, Shaytan Customs, All Ears, and Korven to make the most of the shipping cost.

If you are not going to order that many, but want a very good quality bud at around 100 USD, I suggest you Apollo Gold Story mmcx earbud with Black Mamba mmcx cable - together comes to about 114 USD.

Gold Story
Black Mamba

You can message him. His English is a bit shaky, but if you're serious he will have one of his friends talk with you who has/heard all of Apollo buds and is fluent in English.

@WoodyLuvr you might start a timeline of Apollo earbuds. He's from Bangkok. He has some established models and from my experience with Gold Story they are going to be good.
So if someone is interested in trying any of the Kobe Audio buds, is it fair to say your advice is to save up to buy multiple of their sets at once, rather than picking just one?

Jul 4, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #70,566 of 75,523
SO Many Buds SO Little Time.

I am thinking of grabbing the Yinman 2.0 600Ohm and the Puresounds PS-100. I also sent an email to Cypherus Audio about the Susvara Black Dragon.....Consider me deep in the :rabbit2::hole: but without the ladder....:fearful:
I switched from sedentary to nomadic gear, but the Susvara was my favorite.
I'm interested in your approach to the Susvara Black Dragon and look forward to hearing more.

Jul 4, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #70,567 of 75,523
Today's fun build:

PK Metal shell 01.jpg
PK Metal shell 02.jpg

What is it...? PK chrome plated copper 14.8mm shell with MMCX connector, Yuin PK2 Pro 14.8mm 32Ω driver and 3.5mm MMCX 8 Strand Copper Silver Plated Headphone Cable.

So you want to build one for yourself? Go shopping...

Pure copper PK 14.8mm MMCX shell

Yuin PK2 PRO 14.8MM 32Ω speaker

3.5mm MMCX 8 Strand Copper Silver Plated Headphone Cable

High Density Tuning Cotton (foam) horseshoe Pad

Tips: The driver has an open mesh ring used for tuning in a normal plastic PK shell. Do not remove the mesh ring. Apply the high density horseshoe foam with the center of the horseshoe at the top of the driver. That will leave a gap at the bottom of the driver leaving a couple holes and the voice coil uncovered by the tuning foam. If you don't use the high density foam the bass will be thin, with the tuning foam you'll have good bass.

The metal shells I received did not include the short wires needed to solder onto the female MMCX connectors. I had some old earbud cable which I cut x2 1.5 inches (40mm) for each shell. Then I stripped the outer cable jacket and used the 2 inside wires for the MMCX connectors. Red and copper color for right side, green and copper color for the left side. If you order the shells from chitty's store, maybe leave a note with the order asking if they include the short wires for the MMCX connectors. Maybe they just forgot to include them with the shells when I bought them(?).

The earbud foams you use will also affect the sound, so with the base tuning set, use earbuds foams for a little fine tuning.

Have fun and enjoy your own DIY PK Metal MMCX buds!

I will be posting this in the DIY Earbuds thread as well.

Share your builds and let's enjoy some homespun buds.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #70,568 of 75,523
I switched from sedentary to nomadic gear, but the Susvara was my favorite.
I'm interested in your approach to the Susvara Black Dragon and look forward to hearing more.
This is the susvara black dragon earbud. It’s an earbud tuned to sound like susvara. It’s a $1000 so I’m unsure I’ll pull the trigger. Depends what I hear back from the maker.

Jul 5, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #70,569 of 75,523
That’s the one I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Seller was very accommodating and put a longer cable and 4.4mm on mine. As far as I know, black is the only option.

To echo what everyone else has said about them, these are an amazing pair of buds and are probably my favorite right now. I spent a lovely afternoon listening to some Cannonball Adderley with these out of my H7. Wonderful combination.
Yes, AliExpress can be royally confusing especially when buying Longyao-Yinman products which ALWAYS seems to offer very out-dated and/or totally screwed sales entries, pictures, and listings.

Taobao
Jacky Ku's (aka Mr. Gu's) Official Longyao-Yinman Store on Taobao is 35555237 found HERE or HERE (they are a couple different store faces actually but all are one in the same it just depends on how you enter into Taobao and under which language).

AliExpress
Currently, the following AliExpress Stores carry Longyao Yinman products:

AVCCK Earphones Store (2847025) - I have ordered from here numerous times without issue; some members have reported issues (e.g. being sent the wrong product)
AACKCK Earphones Store (912249322) - I have ordered from here numerous times without issue; never seen any reports of issue by other members
AVCKCK Earphones Store (4892013) - I personally have never ordered from here; but I know members who have and have never seen any reported issues

Now the issue with these three (3) stores (especially the first one) is that they have not updated their currently available product pictures and typically have a number of gross errors in the specification fields (which is quite common for AliExpress stores to do in general, LOL!). It is imperative that you always message the store directly and ask for a picture of the current model/reissue that they are selling so you know exactly what you are getting.

Gray vs Brown Error

There has never been a gray colored shell offered by Yinman (Longyao-Yinman) only various shades of brown, red, purple, black, and white (more info here).

This particular choice that you are seeing was for the older and no longer available 2016 Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX which was reissued in 2018, 2019, and 2021 and came in both light to dark reddish-brown and dark ebony black Sandalwood shells. To make it even more confusing the specific type of sandalwood to make the shells is Purple Sandalwood which has a wide variety of colors ranging from a light reddish-brown to red to purple to a deep dark ebony piano black. So the choice offered was originally for either the black (darker colored) or brown (lighter colored) mmcx version which again are no longer available.

Also, please note that it is rather common (especially on AliExpress) for brown and gray colors to be mixed up due to being miss entered by the stores and/or being poorly translated by internet browsers and other automated translation tools. One can quickly see the reason why:

灰色的 = GRAY
棕色的 = BROWN

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #70,570 of 75,523
Already on the timeline :wink: listed as Earbud Apollo. I do need to double check if I am missing any models that debuted in December 2022 and in 2023. If anyone knows something missing for Apollo please let me know and I will add it. Please provide: YEAR - BRAND - MODEL NAME - IMPEDANCE

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #70,571 of 75,523
So if someone is interested in trying any of the Kobe Audio buds, is it fair to say your advice is to save up to buy multiple of their sets at once, rather than picking just one?
Exactly. Or rope in other Budheads from around your locality to make a group buy

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #70,572 of 75,523
Already on the timeline :wink: listed as Earbud Apollo. I do need to double check if I am missing any models that debuted in December 2022 and in 2023. If anyone knows something missing for Apollo please let me know and I will add it. Please provide: YEAR - BRAND - MODEL NAME - IMPEDANCE
Cannot find it:

Nevermind found it above.

Edit: @WoodyLuvr Please add the below:

2022 - Earbud Apollo - Legend - 16 Ohm
2022 - Earbud Apollo - Silver Plus - 32 Ohm
2023 - Earbud Apollo - Gold Story - 32 Ohm
2023 - Earbud Apollo - Blue Storm - 16 Ohm

Attachments

• 1688540076773.png
    1688540076773.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #70,573 of 75,523
This is the susvara black dragon earbud. It’s an earbud tuned to sound like susvara. It’s a $1000 so I’m unsure I’ll pull the trigger. Depends what I hear back from the maker.
Be patient, Herry is quite busy (super busy) with his family business, as well as some other custom commissions he is working on both earbuds and vacuum tube amp wise.

Back in 2018 I listened to what I was told was a CAX Black Edition (second to the CAX Red Dragon) and I was not impressed at all. Very bright and not that headphone-like experience that I had read/heard about (maybe the CAX Red Dragon was more that...). I remember wondering if the CAX Black Edition I listened to (no idea which version it was) might have been a copy or a knock-off as a Simphonio (Sunrise Audio) SW-Dragon 2 Plus would have done circles around it at the time.

Then in 2020 I listened to two different CAX Black Dragon models one with the stock tuning and one with Sennheiser HD800 inspired tuning... personally, I didn't like either one of the tunings too bright and fatiguing for me (but please note I am weirdo with picky hearing) but they were very well tuned and marvelous earbuds nonetheless.

Many people do very much like the CAX Black Dragon, CAX Red Dragon (very rare, I have never had the pleasure to listen to one yet:disappointed:), and the various Freds (which I generally did like but again too much treble for my tastes).

Recently, the Cypherus Audio (CAX) Zane Titanium Dragon offered a full-sized headphone experience but was too fatiguing for me plus I was having some serious hearing issues with my right ear before so that might have been a factor as well).

Cypherus Audio (CAX)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #70,574 of 75,523
Cannot find it:

Nevermind found it above.
Sorry, I should have been clearer... they are in the timeline ranging from 2018 until 2022.

Yeah, too many brands for me to break out all of them with separate brand only timelines. Maybe something I will do in the future using some sort of smart list w/ filters.

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #70,575 of 75,523
Yes, AliExpress can be royally confusing especially when buying Longyao-Yinman products which ALWAYS seems to offer very out-dated and/or totally screwed sales entries, pictures, and listings.

Taobao
Jacky Ku's (aka Mr. Gu's) Official Longyao-Yinman Store on Taobao is: HERE or HERE (they are a couple different store faces actually but all are one in the same it just depends on how you enter into Taobao and under which language).

AliExpress
Currently, the following AliExpress Stores carry Longyao Yinman products:

AVCCK Earphones Store (2847025) - I have ordered from here numerous times without issue; some members have reported issues (e.g. being sent the wrong product)
AACKCK Earphones Store (912249322) - I have ordered from here numerous times without issue; never seen any reports of issue by other members
AVCKCK Earphones Store (4892013) - I personally have never ordered from here; but I know members who have and have never seen any reported issues

Now the issue with these three (3) stores (especially the first one) is that they have not updated their currently available product pictures and typically have a number of gross errors in the specification fields (which is quite common for AliExpress stores to do in general, LOL!). It is imperative that you always message the store directly and ask for a picture of the current model/reissue that they are selling so you know exactly what you are getting.

Gray vs Brown Error

There has never been a gray colored shell offered by Yinman (Longyao-Yinman) only various shades of brown, red, purple, black, and white (more info here).

This particular choice that you are seeing was for the older and no longer available 2016 Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX which was reissued in 2018, 2019, and 2021 and came in both light to dark reddish-brown and dark ebony black Sandalwood shells. To make it even more confusing the specific type of sandalwood is Purple Sandalwood which has a wide variety of colors ranging from a light reddish-brown to red to purple to a deep dark ebony piano black. So the choice offered was originally for either the black or brown mmcx version which again is no longer available.

Also, please note that it is rather common (especially on AliExpress) for brown and gray colors to be mixed up due to being miss entered by the stores and/or being poorly translated by internet browsers and other automated translation tools. One can quickly see the reason why:

灰色的 = GRAY
棕色的 = BROWN
This^^^... :)

Also note that if you want a balanced connector (4.4mm or 2.5mm) you will also need to ask for it when you chat with the seller.

Here are some (correct) pictures of the set that I received, which I believe to still be current. If they are different now, please let us know?!
20220707_110855.jpg

20220707_111123.jpg

20220707_111127.jpg

20220707_231419.jpg

20220829_025524.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back