Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 2, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #70,081 of 75,638
What's your absolute budget? And what source are you using (quite a number of earbuds need decent amplification).

For a budget pair, if you like bass, check out the Yincrow X6.
Hmm have no idea how much is enough ?
Maybe $100-200?
I only have Sony Wm1Am2 as my source, is it powerful enough ?

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #70,082 of 75,638
Hmm have no idea how much is enough ?
Maybe $100-200?
I only have Sony Wm1Am2 as my source, is it powerful enough ?

Earbuds ain't as expensive as IEMs in their respective price brackets.

$10 can get one very decent sound for earbuds and is considered budget. $50 or so can get one midFI sound, TOTL earbuds can be gotten at $100ish.

WM1AM2 should be able to drive majority of earbuds, other than some outliers like the Yinman 600 ohms which have crazily low sensitivity and high impedance.

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #70,083 of 75,638
Earbuds ain't as expensive as IEMs in their respective price brackets.

$10 can get one very decent sound for earbuds and is considered budget. $50 or so can get one midFI sound, TOTL earbuds can be gotten at $100ish.

WM1AM2 should be able to drive majority of earbuds, other than some outliers like the Yinman 600 ohms which have crazily low sensitivity and high impedance.
I see
So if my my budget $100
Can you recommend any ?
My preference is punchy bass
And great warm vocal
Thank you

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #70,084 of 75,638
I see
So if my my budget $100
Can you recommend any ?
And great warm vocal
Thank you
I recommend the Yincrow rw-9, available on Aliexpress.
yincrow_rw-9_vs_x6.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #70,085 of 75,638
I see
So if my my budget $100
Can you recommend any ?
And great warm vocal
Thank you

Yincrow RW2000

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #70,086 of 75,638
Ok, done some researching
So i think im going to get either
Yoncrow rw2000/ rw3000 or fiio ff3/ff5
But still cant decide yet
Reading some reviews
I preffer punchier bass and thicker vocal

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #70,087 of 75,638
Ok, done some researching
So i think im going to get either
Yoncrow rw2000/ rw3000 or fiio ff3/ff5
But still cant decide yet
Reading some reviews
I preffer punchier bass and thicker vocal
I haven't heard the RW3000, but punchy bass and thicker vocals leads to FF3 out of the rest, in my experience.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #70,088 of 75,638
I haven't heard the RW3000, but punchy bass and thicker vocals leads to FF3 out of the rest, in my experience.
Thanks
After reading some reviews i think im gonna get thebff3 and start from there, thank you

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #70,089 of 75,638
Hello everyone! I haven't visited Head-Fi in almost 6 months since I got an ear infection and mild case of Covid earlier this year in January, I had to take a break from using any Flathead earbuds or IEMs or even on-ear headphones (RIP daily driving my KSC75s) or fullsized closedbacks and that left all of those headphones/earphones unused. I've been only using fullsized openbacks or speakers these past 6 months mainly the AKG-K712 Pros which are great and also my 32y old vintage Sennheiser-HD530MkII from 1991 and the HD595s from 2000 as well, as much as I really like these 3 openbacks (especially the HD530s are amazing for an old headphone and similar sounding to the HD600 but with less bass) I miss using earbuds, but luckily my ears are almost fully healed and I can carefully start using earbuds again now perhaps starting with the ergonomic Qian39 shell ones with thin donut foams I cut from these cheap but good quality thin foamies (similar to VE-Monk thin foams they are great value for money!).

I started browsing AliExpress again randomly and found these Lun Sheng YE01 earbuds for 48€ they look a little bit similar to the FF5 in design and some comments online say they have a strong low end with more bass than the DGVP DX6 which is already bassy and they have slightly forward mids with smooth relaxed highs, that kind of strong bass / mids and smooth highs tuning sounds a bit like the FF3 or NSC 80ohm LCPs, I wonder if they are any good, has anyone here bought one? Also the NiceHCK EB2S Pro for 28€ are new but seems like there is not any information if its got a new tuning / updated sound or if it's just a new facelift / different colour, gotta wait for any reviews I guess but I doubt it's a significant change like the NiceHCK ME80 / EB2 / EB2S models, still the lucky bag EB2S for 18€ that I got 1.5 years ago are still good so I'm not that worried about the sound quality of the new EB2S Pro.

Anyways I'm glad that I can finally listen to my earbuds again though starting with donut foams or no foams to be safe so they have good breathability, btw here is the link if anyones interested to those cheap but good thin VE-styled foam covers you get 50 pairs (100 pieces) for only around 1-2€ they are the cheapest foams I've bought from AliExpress LOL though if you want strong bass / seal then these thin foams are not the best.

Thin Foams: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33019313027.html

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #70,091 of 75,638
What's the best way fo making holes into the foams?
You can also use any type / sized scissors and cut a hole in the foams, just puncture the foams in the center with one blade of the scissors carefully and then keep pushing the scissors through the hole until it gets big enough to almost reach the sides of the foams (not too much or it will rip), then pull them out of the hole and start slightly cutting the foams through the newly cut opening in a circular motion and you will get a donut foam out of any normal foam cover you want, though it will make a mess with small pieces of the cut foam and it might take some time, but at least it's cheaper and more versatile than buying normal donut foams from AliExpress.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #70,092 of 75,638
Yincrow RW3000 vs Moondrop Chaconne, with comparable price which one would be a better buy?
Hey I think those are both TOTL earbuds and some of the best ones you can get like others have already mentioned, Yincrow RW-3000 is more balanced and a better allrounder earbud in total though and I would choose that one over the Chaconnes, but I would wait for some AliExpress June Summer sales since last time there was a sale event on AliExpress I found the RW-3000 was on sale at least in NiceHCK Audio Stores site for only around 240-260€ (normally it's priced around 350-450€) so if you can find it at that discounted price it's a great deal.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #70,093 of 75,638
Also the NiceHCK EB2S Pro for 28€ are new but seems like there is not any information if its got a new tuning / updated sound or if it's just a new facelift / different colour, gotta wait for any reviews I guess but I doubt it's a significant change like the NiceHCK ME80 / EB2 / EB2S models, still the lucky bag EB2S for 18€ that I got 1.5 years ago are still good so I'm not that worried about the sound quality of the new EB2S Pro.
The following write-up about the EB2S Pro was found on the BBS.
'The EB2S Pro sounds a bit harder than the unbranded one, which gives the impression of sounding better.'
'The EB2S Pro is a little more treble-enhanced and harder than the unbranded one, but I prefer this listening to the unbranded one. It really feels like a minor change.'

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #70,095 of 75,638
Hey I think those are both TOTL earbuds and some of the best ones you can get like others have already mentioned, Yincrow RW-3000 is more balanced and a better allrounder earbud in total though and I would choose that one over the Chaconnes, but I would wait for some AliExpress June Summer sales since last time there was a sale event on AliExpress I found the RW-3000 was on sale at least in NiceHCK Audio Stores site for only around 240-260€ (normally it's priced around 350-450€) so if you can find it at that discounted price it's a great deal.
Thanks, I was gravitating toward them myself, detachable cable with exchangeable plugs one of the reason, less bling another. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back