Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 2, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #70,096 of 75,619
The following write-up about the EB2S Pro was found on the BBS.
'The EB2S Pro sounds a bit harder than the unbranded one, which gives the impression of sounding better.'
'The EB2S Pro is a little more treble-enhanced and harder than the unbranded one, but I prefer this listening to the unbranded one. It really feels like a minor change.'
Hey jogawag! Thanks for the info I wasn't able to found any impressions of the EB2S Pro yet online, oh so someone already has tried the old and new EB2S models and hears a difference? Good to hear that its more than just a new different coloured version like the Pink EB2S was, I might order one in the future since the original EB2S is a pretty good earbud for around 20€ (especially its build is strong and durable) and if it is just a slightly brighter sounding EB2S like that impression mentions then it might actually sound similar to the ME80 which would be great (or it could be that user is using thinner foam covers or no foams at all or has a less tight fitting seal that makes the EB2S Pro sound different and brighter to the original), oh well I will found out for certain eventually if I end up buying one even to use only as a backup spare!

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #70,097 of 75,619
Yeah Andrew_WOT detachable cables are always nice to have especially on those more expensive models there's no reason not to have them when you can already get many cheap earbuds with detachable cables as well.

Also speaking of BLING! I think the Moondrop Chaconnes and FAAEAEAAAL Liliums and even the Silver FiiO FF3s are the most flashy showerhead looking earbuds out there LOL! but I guess FiiO really took the inspiration of the FF3s faceplate from the shower drain of a hotels bathroom!

FiiO FF3s
DSC07769.jpg

The Inspiration "FiiO's Patented Acousthicc Faceplate"
FF3DRAINN.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #70,099 of 75,619
Yincrow RW3000 vs Moondrop Chaconne, with comparable price which one would be a better buy?
That is a tough question, because they are quite different in their overall tuning. The RW3000 are better for versatility, and the Chaconne are better for stuff like classical, instrumentals, etc... If it were me, I would just have them both... oh wait! I DO.... ROFL

Let us know which way you went?! :)
Hi, curious about earbuds
Any tips of what to get for my first set ?
Actually its my second set as i have Audio Technica ATH-CM7Ti but I rarely use it as i found the bass is really weak
Is there any earbuds that’s recommended that has decent amount of bass punch but also have wonderfull vocal ?
And widely available for purchase ?
Thank you
I see
So if my my budget $100
Can you recommend any ?
My preference is punchy bass
And great warm vocal
Thank you
Ok, done some researching
So i think im going to get either
Yoncrow rw2000/ rw3000 or fiio ff3/ff5
But still cant decide yet
Reading some reviews
I preffer punchier bass and thicker vocal
I would agree with @baskingshark in the RW2000, but would also add the FF3 to that short list....

Having said that, I think that the FF3 have deeper reaching bass overall (still having great punch), but the RW2000 have punchier bass, just a bit less sub-bass. The FF3 are more rolled off on the treble area but remain warm in the vocals. The RW2000 have a bit higher reaching treble, but less quantity that makes them have more air than the FF3, but the treble might come across as about the same(ish) overall.

Other things to consider is that the RW2000 might be more of a universal fitment, where the FF3 are very heavy, and if they don't fit right this will exacerbate the issue. Also the RW2000 comes with one of the best cables for earbuds and is detachable, while the FF3 have a fixed cable, but has a modular plug system... It is really going to all come down to what you like better IMO.

Personally, and having both sets, I would get the RW2000, but that is for my taste alone, and YMMV. :) Do let us know what you end up with, and some impressions when you do?! :)

P.S. If you are looking for thicker vocals, then the FF5 and RW3000 aren't the best choice for you (IMHO). They DO both possess some punchy bass though. :)

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #70,100 of 75,619
Jun 2, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #70,102 of 75,619
but I would wait for some AliExpress June Summer sales since last time there was a sale event on AliExpress I found the RW-3000 was on sale at least in NiceHCK Audio Stores site for only around 240-260€ (normally it's priced around 350-450€) so if you can find it at that discounted price it's a great deal.
I pay $180 ish at the last Ali sale for rw-3000

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #70,104 of 75,619
Ok, done some researching
So i think im going to get either
Yoncrow rw2000/ rw3000 or fiio ff3/ff5
But still cant decide yet
Reading some reviews
I preffer punchier bass and thicker vocal
Where are you located? If near Phillipines, I can offer you two options -

LREY Hera/Minerva
Kobe Audio Hades

There's also Rikubuds Berserker 1, and Grand Alter Saber 2 (125 euro) which might suit your need.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #70,105 of 75,619
BTW, KRHIFI has RW-3000 on sale with their discount now.
Looks like legit store based on this board feedback.
I would still wait a couple of days or weeks until a Summer sale event shows up on AliExpress and the Yincrow RW-3000 will probably be on sale again for 240€ (either in
NiceHCK Audio Store or VS Audio Store maybe will have those sale prices though can't be sure).

I pay $180 ish at the last Ali sale for rw-3000
Wow that's a nice deal for the RW-3K! Though everything in AliExpress costs more for me in Euros / € since there's the 24% VAT taxes and duty fees applied etc. sometimes the items I browse show up in dollars just similar to that 180$ but after the currency conversion and taxes it shows the around 240€ price, all the earbuds I've bought on Ali are a bit more expensive for me than their normal $ price.

It'll probably never happen with global inflation. But damn, that's cheap.
You would be surprised the AliExpress sales events usually are pretty consistent even when economy goes to the gutters here in EU or US or anywhere, they still have them (though if they are worth to spend on is another matter, but usually I wait for a sales events before buying new earbuds on AliExpress, unless it's a really cheap ones like the 2012 original blue Vidos for 2-4€ I have a bunch of them bought from Daylight Digital Store, great beater pairs to use when out and about and also to gift to family and friends).

Where are you located? If near Phillipines, I can offer you two options -

LREY Hera/Minerva
Kobe Audio Hades

There's also Rikubuds Berserker 1, and Grand Alter Saber 2 (125 euro) which might suit your need.
I think he went with the FiiO FF3s which is a great option and should fit his requirements perfectly "I preffer punchier bass and thicker vocal" though after getting the wonderful FF3 it's maybe a good idea to look into some other nice earbuds from RikudouGoku like the GAS2 you mentioned or even the Grand Berserker 2 or the Berserker 2 if you like warm / dark earbuds with a lot of bass, or the Yincrow RW-2000 baskingshark recommended earlier is really good as well.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #70,108 of 75,619
A Controversial Question.
During burn in, should you use dac, or just a phone is fine?

Btw yincrow x6 is much worse than traceless. It is so muff, untransparent across FR. But yes the bass quantity is acceptable .

Traceless sounds clear across FR. Bass is okayish with some EQ. I'd pick it over x6 any days.
It is a great entryway into what buds can do. And this hobby is so unique in what we hear and how we hear so differently. I loved the X6 so much I bought one in every colourway!

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #70,110 of 75,619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back