Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 4, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #70,126 of 75,431
It's always difficult for

It's always difficult for me to describe what I hear, but yes I will :)
As I promised, a little report about RW-3000.
It will be very short : I let them burn in for 200 hours, then tested them. They feel, look, and sound premium.
Unfortunately for me, they are tuned rather on the analytical / detailed / bright side, and I am sure now I really prefer dark tuning...
So I put them in "classifieds" today, and will keep them in their box (no heavy comparing with my other earbuds) to keep them in their "brand new state"...

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #70,127 of 75,431
FF3 is definitely legit as TOTL earbuds. If you like the X6 overall tuning, you will most likely love the FF3. These are worth the extra cost over the X6 IMO.

LOL Nice! :)

I am very curious about them. What differences are there between the P1 and the P2? Are they a successor, upgrade, sidegrade, etc...? Are they taking the place of the P1? Do we have any specs on them? Pictures; I have no idea what these look like.

I wanted the P1 some time ago and actually tried ordering them, but they would not send them to me (probably because of COVID), but they stopped replying to my emails, so I gave up. Are they discontinuing the P1 for the P2, or will they both be available? Is there a FR curve done in house that they could share? How about cost?

Sorry, but you DID ask if anyone is curious... LOL

And... BTW! Thank you for offering to ask some questions. That is very nice of you. :)
Don't know why i wrote 'Eucotech' instead of Ucotech lol.

1. I think CNT driver of P2 is the biggest difference until now. They just posted about few things.

2.Yes, P2 is a successor of P1. P2 is taking the place of P1.

3. For now, they said OCC 6N 8core cable, CNT double dome 14.8mm drivers, CNC Brass housing(better endurance).

4.P2 is going to be with 4.4mm cable. No info about 3.5mm.

5. Sadly, no pics, no specs..

6.They didn't send it to you -> Probably because they discontinued it.
Since the P1 is a handmade earbuds(interesting thing is P1 is handmade by the founder of the Ucotech! Only he can repair the P1) , not much profitable and Ucotech is a rather small company... Also, all earbuds are not that popular in Korea.. a kind of grave of earbuds.

7.They discontinued P1. It's been a while. But not for P2. P1 had some problems.
Like brass housing is weak for scratch, color change and driver durability.

8. Unfortunately, No FR graphs. But as i used P1 for a while, i can say P1 is quite similar to HD650, HD6XX. I used P1 THX 789 with Topping D10S and KHV-200 with Topping E50.
P1's performance is amazing for earbuds.

9. P1 was 430000 KRW. I think it was 399 USD ish or under. Must be under.
Nothings announced about price of P2.

I attach a picture from Ucotech.

I don't know why they stopped mailing but they are hard-working.
Hope you didn't get bad feelings..
I once had a phone call with one of them and i could feel their pure passion on it.

It's in June!

Attachments

• 제목을_입력해주세요_-001_(2).png
    제목을_입력해주세요_-001_(2).png
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #70,128 of 75,431
Don't know why i wrote 'Eucotech' instead of Ucotech lol.

1. I think CNT driver of P2 is the biggest difference until now. They just posted about few things.

2.Yes, P2 is a successor of P1. P2 is taking the place of P1.

3. For now, they said OCC 6N 8core cable, CNT double dome 14.8mm drivers, CNC Brass housing(better endurance).

4.P2 is going to be with 4.4mm cable. No info about 3.5mm.

5. Sadly, no pics, no specs..

6.They didn't send it to you -> Probably because they discontinued it.
Since the P1 is a handmade earbuds(interesting thing is P1 is handmade by the founder of the Ucotech! Only he can repair the P1) , not much profitable and Ucotech is a rather small company... Also, all earbuds are not that popular in Korea.. a kind of grave of earbuds.

7.They discontinued P1. It's been a while. But not for P2. P1 had some problems.
Like brass housing is weak for scratch, color change and driver durability.

8. Unfortunately, No FR graphs. But as i used P1 for a while, i can say P1 is quite similar to HD650, HD6XX. I used P1 THX 789 with Topping D10S and KHV-200 with Topping E50.
P1's performance is amazing for earbuds.

9. P1 was 430000 KRW. I think it was 399 USD ish or under. Must be under.
Nothings announced about price of P2.

I attach a picture from Ucotech.

I don't know why they stopped mailing but they are hard-working.
Hope you didn't get bad feelings..
I once had a phone call with one of them and i could feel their pure passion on it.

It's in June!
WOW! Thank you so much for all this wonderful information. :)

As for buying the P1, this was actually (probably) a few years ago now, so they weren't discontinued. As mentioned, I think it was because of COVID, but I didn't feel like they wanted to hassle sending it to the US... I purchased a set from their Amazon site, and they canceled my order, along with a PM asking me to contact them if I wanted to purchase a set. I responded through Amazon PM that I did indeed want a pair. They told me to re-order them then, which I did, and it was cancelled yet again. I messaged them asking what was going on, and they asked me to respond back via email. I did, and they told me to order from their official website. I did this also, and.... yep you guessed it, the order was cancelled again. They responded back to me with email asking if I was sure I wanted to purchase these. I replied (again) saying yes, I want them. I never heard back from them again even though I messaged them a couple more times via email; by this time they flagged my email account as spam, and I got the "undeliverable" message back as reply any time I sent an email. I finally had to give up.

Now I know that this isn't the "standard" response because our own @JAnonymous5150 ordered a set from them with zero issues (and he is also in the US). So, while I REALLY wanted them back then, I have no bad feelings. I am just not going to beg someone to take my money... LOL

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #70,129 of 75,431
I'll try it then. What's the best place to buy? also do you require any relevant amount of power or any USB interface or mobo headphone jack will do?
It is going to depend on where in the world you are at. If you have access to Amazon, they have an official store there (where you can return them for any reason), or they also have an official store-front on AliExpress. If all else fails, you can order them from their official store. There are other places that carry them, and you might even find them a bit cheaper on those stores on AE, but I personally like to get them from the official store so that you can rest easy that they will honor the warranty (if needed).
It will be very short : I let them burn in for 200 hours, then tested them. They feel, look, and sound premium.
Unfortunately for me, they are tuned rather on the analytical / detailed / bright side, and I am sure now I really prefer dark tuning...
So I put them in "classifieds" today, and will keep them in their box (no heavy comparing with my other earbuds) to keep them in their "brand new state"...
I'm very sorry that they were not to your liking. :frowning2:

Any ideas what you might get in their place?

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #70,130 of 75,431
WOW! Thank you so much for all this wonderful information. :)

As for buying the P1, this was actually (probably) a few years ago now, so they weren't discontinued. As mentioned, I think it was because of COVID, but I didn't feel like they wanted to hassle sending it to the US... I purchased a set from their Amazon site, and they canceled my order, along with a PM asking me to contact them if I wanted to purchase a set. I responded through Amazon PM that I did indeed want a pair. They told me to re-order them then, which I did, and it was cancelled yet again. I messaged them asking what was going on, and they asked me to respond back via email. I did, and they told me to order from their official website. I did this also, and.... yep you guessed it, the order was cancelled again. They responded back to me with email asking if I was sure I wanted to purchase these. I replied (again) saying yes, I want them. I never heard back from them again even though I messaged them a couple more times via email; by this time they flagged my email account as spam, and I got the "undeliverable" message back as reply any time I sent an email. I finally had to give up.

Now I know that this isn't the "standard" response because our own @JAnonymous5150 ordered a set from them with zero issues (and he is also in the US). So, while I REALLY wanted them back then, I have no bad feelings. I am just not going to beg someone to take my money... LOL
That is too bad..
Hope you can get the P2 this time.
It's worth trying!

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #70,131 of 75,431
That is too bad..
Hope you can get the P2 this time.
It's worth trying!
I will be keeping an eye out for them for sure. Thanks again for the information.

In the meantime, are you planning on getting a set when they are released? I would love to hear impressions on them.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #70,132 of 75,431
It is going to depend on where in the world you are at. If you have access to Amazon, they have an official store there (where you can return them for any reason), or they also have an official store-front on AliExpress. If all else fails, you can order them from their official store. There are other places that carry them, and you might even find them a bit cheaper on those stores on AE, but I personally like to get them from the official store so that you can rest easy that they will honor the warranty (if needed).

I'm very sorry that they were not to your liking. :frowning2:

Any ideas what you might get in their place?
Yes, a Tgx Totem :)
But for the "replacable termination", it will be my FiiO FF3, now I have a 2.5mm plug I could get from FiiO following the tip given on this forum :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #70,133 of 75,431
I will be keeping an eye out for them for sure. Thanks again for the information.

In the meantime, are you planning on getting a set when they are released? I would love to hear impressions on them.
Umm
Maybe yeah.
Depends on the price.
But on 12th this month, big event in Aliexpress is waiting for my wallet..
Anyways, i will try it for sure.
I will write about it!

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #70,134 of 75,431
Hello All,

Not sure why it took several decades to consider an earbud, but here I am.

My current favorite IEM's:
ISN Audio D10
Sound Rhyme SR5
****** MT300
NiceHCK NX7 Mk3
BGVP DMG

From this you can safely say, I prefer a more or less V shaped signature and I like that bass...

Currently on my earbud radar:
Smabat M2Pro
Smabat ST-10s
FiiO FF3
FiiO FF5

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #70,135 of 75,431
Hello All,

Not sure why it took several decades to consider an earbud, but here I am.

My current favorite IEM's:
ISN Audio D10
Sound Rhyme SR5
****** MT300
NiceHCK NX7 Mk3
BGVP DMG

From this you can safely say, I prefer a more or less V shaped signature and I like that bass...

Currently on my earbud radar:
Smabat M2Pro
Smabat ST-10s
FiiO FF3
FiiO FF5

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
You definitely should reach out to Rikubuds and Valphonics. Both are on Instagram

Jun 4, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #70,137 of 75,431
Jun 4, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #70,139 of 75,431
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #70,140 of 75,431
That is really too bad. It sucks to spend so much on a pair of earbuds and not have them to your liking.

I love my rw-3000's. They are definitely not dark for sure, but they do not neglect the bass. I am always struck by the detail and texture in their bass. Since getting them, I'm kinda embarrassed to say that I don't listen to any other buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back