Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #62,746 of 75,619
If you don't mind my asking, what "unlistenable equipment" are you looking to get rid of?
grados
it's just the grados

i might get rid of my ear violators deluxe (ety) too

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #62,747 of 75,619
Don't know if anyone's tried this. I found that I can get great over ear fit for my k's llbs using d Final Audio hooks from my e3k/e2k sets. D fit is good enough that they don't get dislodged even when i sleep with them. D ones that come with d k's don't work well for my ears.
20220813_080741.jpg

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #62,748 of 75,619
Don't know if anyone's tried this. I found that I can get great over ear fit for my k's llbs using d Final Audio hooks from my e3k/e2k sets. D fit is good enough that they don't get dislodged even when i sleep with them. D ones that come with d k's don't work well for my ears.
20220813_080741.jpg
I have a set like that, that came with some other buds I have (can't remember off the top of my head) but haven't really had cause to use them. The ST10S is the only one (to me) that makes sense to be and fit like a native over ear type of wear. Some of the others I have tried wearing over ear, but the sound quality is much worse than cable down for those IMO.

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #62,749 of 75,619
grados
it's just the grados

i might get rid of my ear violators deluxe (ety) too
I don't know what the market for Grados is like these days though they seem to be reasonably popular, but those Etys will disappear fast if you decide to sell them. Etymotic in general and the ER2 specifically are definitely popular right now.

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #62,750 of 75,619
Why does it change S-e-n-f-e-r to **** in my post?
Because that company is verboten on head-fi. They probably violated a member of the trade rule or something.

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #62,751 of 75,619
Aug 12, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #62,752 of 75,619
Does anyone else have difficulties with keeping the FF3 well placed/fitted in their ears? They are always kind of loose so they can fall out pretty easily, which is a bit annoying but I could live with it. The biggest problem is that it means they don't seal very well and the sound isn't as "full" and I'm missing a lot of the (sub)bass. When I put them in and hold them, they sound great, but the second I let go of they move and sound a lot less impressive.. :frowning2:
It's too bad you're having a marginal fit, because as you already know the FF3 sound fantastic. I usually don't have any fit issues with either buds or IEMs. On occasion I find that if the cable from the Y splitter up to a bud is twisted or that the cable naturally rests with a bud facing the wrong direction then there is a tendency for a bud to not sit properly in the concha and work itself loose from the force of the cable twist. You may not be having that problem, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #62,753 of 75,619
Because that company is verboten on head-fi. They probably violated a member of the trade rule or something.
I haven't heard/seen someone use the word verboten in years!

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #62,754 of 75,619
Try double foam (a second foam on top of the first). I need to do it with some of my earbuds for a secure fit.
Knowing that foams affect the sound, wouldn't double foams increase the bass / make the highs sound really rolled off?

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #62,756 of 75,619
I haven't heard/seen someone use the word verboten in years!
It's ingrained into me since I work for a German company... no I don't speak German, well I did have to learn some basic German many years ago when I went to Germany for some technical training.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #62,757 of 75,619
Knowing that foams affect the sound, wouldn't double foams increase the bass / make the highs sound really rolled off?

Yeah it does, so foams are akin to eartips/earpads in changing the sound signature of a earbud.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #62,758 of 75,619
I have a set like that, that came with some other buds I have (can't remember off the top of my head) but haven't really had cause to use them. The ST10S is the only one (to me) that makes sense to be and fit like a native over ear type of wear. Some of the others I have tried wearing over ear, but the sound quality is much worse than cable down for those IMO.
I find I generally have problems with metal buds. The heft don't keep them stable in my left ear (they stay put in my right).

This Final Audio hook use for over ear wearing of d llbs seems to not degrade d audio quality, to my ears at least. It kind of presses the bud against my ear hole (canal? cavity?) which is good I think.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #62,759 of 75,619
I find I generally have problems with metal buds. The heft don't keep them stable in my left ear (they stay put in my right).

This Final Audio hook use for over ear wearing of d llbs seems to not degrade d audio quality, to my ears at least. It kind of presses the bud against my ear hole (canal? cavity?) which is good I think.
Fantastic that they work well for you! Did you say that is a set that you can buy separately, or do you have to buy some buds or IEMs to get them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back