Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 13, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #62,776 of 75,872
Portables are capable of that amount of power (only compared to when that is in battery mode though), though they will probably have to be high end stuff. :sunglasses:

Still I am wondering how that would sound?! And it is a hybrid to boot... <drools>

One word, WOW! You have to be feeling like you have died and gone to heaven?! Do let us know your thoughts on them?!
Oh I will! Between the earbuds and a couple pairs of headphones I am in heaven! I have more new toys to play with than I know what to do with. I'm tired from youring and travelling, but something tells me I won't be sleeping just yet lol!

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #62,777 of 75,872
So I am just getting home after touring for a few months and I have a decent haul of new gear waiting for me to try! As it pertains to earbuds I have some lovely newcomers on deck: TRN EMA, Shozy BK, Rose Technics Maria II and Mojito, Yincrow RW3000, Ostry KC08T (this one was a shot in the dark based on one comparison in one review that happened to add enough to my order to get me an added discount lol), Dunu Alpha 1, RY4S (mmcx version), ISN Rambo, Yincrow RW-9, Vido (red and white), several different DIY makes, MusicMaker Tomahawk Mr.Z, NiceHCK Traceless, and a partidge in a pear tree.

Oh yeah, and a brand new Cayin RU6 to try them on as well as being reunited with my Kann Alpha that I left at home like an idiot. I wasn't sure where to start so I decided to throw on the first buds I opened up: TRN EMA here we go...

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! And for anyone wondering, I don't normally buy like this, but I got a big bonus and I wanted to assemble a well rounded earbud collection from scratch so I kinda went a bit nuts treating myself. I should be busy trying/demoing for weeks!
Nice haul! Of all the buds you mentioned I have the Shozy BK and Yincrow RW3000, both are fantastic, though I have to say the RW3000 sing for me when mated with a Sony DAP or tube amp. To me if mated with a neutral DAP the treble can be a little bright. The Shozy BK are classic, not killer bass buds, just good all-rounders. "Sounds" like you'll have a great time listening to them all.

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #62,778 of 75,872
Yeah, well, there's a reason that musicians use bass. Wish your earbuds came even close to carrying that to you.

I'm not a "fanatic" but I do want to hear what musicians have worked so long to generate and mix. I tried a few oh-wow budget recommendations here and was not impressed, to put it mildly. It's not just details (above); it's punch (below). Give me IEM irritation over earbud tinniness/rolloff anytime.
As he goes on to say, all transducer mediums have their pros and cons. It's just a different strokes for different folks situation. As a guy who just rediscovered earbuds a few months ago after decades of thinking they were inferior and not worth my time, I can say that I think earbuds have some very good strengths to play to. I understand how that may not be the case for everyone, though.

P.S. No hard feelings. More earbuds for those that like them!

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #62,779 of 75,872
Nice haul! Of all the buds you mentioned I have the Shozy BK and Yincrow RW3000, both are fantastic, though I have to say the RW3000 sing for me when mated with a Sony DAP or tube amp. To me if mated with a neutral DAP the treble can be a little bright. The Shozy BK are classic, not killer bass buds, just good all-rounders. "Sounds" like you'll have a great time listening to them all.
Awesome! I am really looking forward to hearing the Shozy BKs. I have a friend from the UK who's opinions I value and who's tastes tend to closely align with mine and he says the BKs are one of his favorite all time buds for daily driving because they do so many things so well that they are amongst the best for general listening.

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #62,780 of 75,872
Don't know if anyone's tried this. I found that I can get great over ear fit for my k's llbs using d Final Audio hooks from my e3k/e2k sets. D fit is good enough that they don't get dislodged even when i sleep with them. D ones that come with d k's don't work well for my ears.
20220813_080741.jpg
Awesome idea! Thank you for sharing that! Respects.

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #62,781 of 75,872
Yeah, well, there's a reason that musicians use bass. Wish your earbuds came even close to carrying that to you.

I'm not a "fanatic" but I do want to hear what musicians have worked so long to generate and mix. I tried a few oh-wow budget recommendations here and was not impressed, to put it mildly. It's not just details (above); it's punch (below). Give me IEM irritation over earbud tinniness/rolloff anytime.

Well, have to disagree with you a bit there, even though I am a strong advocate for thicker lower midrange and mid bass tuning over the thin and shrill Harman-ish tuning. The reason of my disagreement is Fiio FF3. These earbuds show that this form factor can have thick juicy sound that does not sacrifice any lower-end details. Orchestra bass and cello are rich and textured with these. Even despacito's bass line sounds alright with these earbuds. And all of this comes from someone who loves bass.

Aug 13, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #62,782 of 75,872
Aug 13, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #62,783 of 75,872
Mate, I’m drooling :ksc75smile:
LOL and I also found that one of the stores I ordered from included a pair of Toneking TO400s as a thank you for my business. I have been buying IEMs, DACs, and all things ChiFi from them for a few years and the proprietor always throws in something extra when I put in a decent sized order with him. It's a cool little extra surprise to see what I gey each time. And he's generally pretty thoughtful about picking something that's useful and fits with what I have in the order.

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #62,785 of 75,872
Thanks! Hey, so I see you have a pair if RW-2000s. I got to try them briefly and I actually really liked them. When I was putting in my order I got the RW-3000 so I could try it and possibly decide between the two for a keeper. Have you tried the RW-3k at all? If so any chance you want to give me a short comparison between the 2k and 3k?
I have both. I can say that the RW3000 are much cleaner sounding on the top end and more of a boost to the upper mids, but that brings some caveats. They aren't as warm as the RW2000, and even though (I think) they have the same amount of midbass, it is not percieved as having as much because the RW3000 has more upper end. This also makes them sound a bit less warm and full/rouned. Also the pina gain is a bit higher than the RW2000, and the sub-bass rolls off a lot faster. Now, this isn't to say the RW3000 is bad AT ALL... They are fantastic actually!

Bottom line (IMHO) is that the RW2000 is more musical and an all-rounder, and the RW3000 is more analytical in nature, so depending on what you are after one could be better than the other. They aren't really the same signature at all (to my ears).

Nothing wrong with bass at all, and I love good bass. And it seems as though you have already made up your mind (probably even before you tried them), so I wouldn't dare try and sway you in any way.

BUT..... you have no idea what you are talking about. And I mean that in the nicest way (since you haven't heard all there is to hear out there). There are plenty of buds out there that have some great punch (yes, on the low end). But I digress, since you will probably never find out. And you are entitled to your opinion after all.

Having said that though, I have to wonder why you bothered posting such a negative post here if you aren't interested in earbuds at all?! This IS the "earbud" thread after all. I mean, you didn't even bother to be civil about it IMO. If you wanted to debate the subject in a civil manner, that might be interesting. However, I am a civil person, and will simply say to you in response that you are probably right (for your ears)... :)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #62,786 of 75,872
I have both. I can say that the RW3000 are much cleaner sounding on the top end and more of a boost to the upper mids, but that brings some caveats. They aren't as warm as the RW2000, and even though (I think) they have the same amount of midbass, it is not percieved as having as much because the RW3000 has more upper end. This also makes them sound a bit less warm and full/rouned. Also the pina gain is a bit higher than the RW2000, and the sub-bass rolls off a lot faster. Now, this isn't to say the RW3000 is bad AT ALL... They are fantastic actually!

Bottom line (IMHO) is that the RW2000 is more musical and an all-rounder, and the RW3000 is more analytical in nature, so depending on what you are after one could be better than the other. They aren't really the same signature at all (to my

... :)
Thanks for the breakdown! I can't wait to give the RW3Ks a whirl. I really liked the musicality of the RW2Ks so it will be interesting to see which one, if either, I end up keeping/including in my collection.

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #62,787 of 75,872
Thanks! Hey, so I see you have a pair if RW-2000s. I got to try them briefly and I actually really liked them. When I was putting in my order I got the RW-3000 so I could try it and possibly decide between the two for a keeper. Have you tried the RW-3k at all? If so any chance you want to give me a short comparison between the 2k and 3k?
Unfortunately not. Leaning on your experiences to decide if I should also get the 3k! :L3000:

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #62,788 of 75,872
Well, have to disagree with you a bit there, even though I am a strong advocate for thicker lower midrange and mid bass tuning over the thin and shrill Harman-ish tuning. The reason of my disagreement is Fiio FF3. These earbuds show that this form factor can have thick juicy sound that does not sacrifice any lower-end details. Orchestra bass and cello are rich and textured with these. Even despacito's bass line sounds alright with these earbuds. And all of this comes from someone who loves bass.
Good for you. I've just seen and succumbed to some hype in this thread -- with Ali orders following -- and have not been impressed, to put it mildly. Yincrow X6? Qian39? Pathetic and unlistenable. I may just give them away in Classifieds because they are so disappointing.

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #62,789 of 75,872
Thanks for the breakdown! I can't wait to give the RW3Ks a whirl. I really liked the musicality of the RW2Ks so it will be interesting to see which one, if either, I end up keeping/including in my collection.
I have decided to keep them both because they both do something different than any of my other buds. They really are TOTL as far as I am concerned... :) Whether you keep one/both/none you will enjoy listening to both I am sure. One thing that also make me love them is that they have one of the best cables from an earbud I have seen, hands-down...:)

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #62,790 of 75,872
I have decided to keep them both because they both do something different than any of my other buds. They really are TOTL as far as I am concerned... :) Whether you keep one/both/none you will enjoy listening to both I am sure. One thing that also make me love them is that they have one of the best cables from an earbud I have seen, hands-down...:)
Nice! I love it when a manufacturer takes the initiative and includes a great cable. It makes the whole experience from opening to using through the life of the product a much better experience. I like it when I don't feel the need to recable or replace a cable with something aftermarket. The RW2Ks I tried were a friend's and he bought them used with a Tripowin Zonie cable on them so I have no idea what their stock cable is like until I open them when I pull them out of the stack of boxes and packages lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back